12. Seeking advice
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zevan crawled toward his master immediately and placed his head on his lap. "Master," He called him in panic. Never had he seen his Master in such a plight before and he felt his heart twisting in pain to see the blood he had coughed out.

Zevan checked his pulse and sighed in relief. His master was still going strong. Since his energy had been sucked out of him, he had lost his consciousness. A good rest was what he needed and he would recover soon.

As gently as possible, Zevan helped Elion to the only couch in the room and made him lie down. Using a cloth dipped in warm water, he wiped the dried blood from his face before cleaning the blood on the floor.

By the time he was done, he was sweating lightly. He squatted before his master and looked at him with a profound gaze.

"Master," He sighed and loosened the old man's robe to help him breathe better. "Why did you fight with him? See where the fight landed you. Did you not iterate many times in the past to never give in to your emotions and lose control? What happened to you today, Master?" He whispered and shook his head.

"Did you not realize the imposter's tricks? He wanted us to lose control so that he could harm us." Zevan was worried about his master. But he was more apprehensive about the danger they were in.

The imposter and his Lord knew everything about them and were watching their every move. However, they knew nothing about them, not even their names. How could they defeat them and kill their plan?

All of a sudden, Zevan felt defeated and he sat on the floor with a distressed face. He did not know what to do or who to seek help from. Revealing Jarett's truth to others would be detrimental to them and not revealing it would only make it more complicated. In any circumstance, they were in peril.

Zevan was utterly confused and he needed advice. His eyes lit up when a face appeared in his mind. "Only you can help me now. I hope you will show me the right path."

Glancing at his master who was deep asleep, Zevan sucked in a deep breath and left the room. Mounting on his horse, he rode it as fast as he could. Having no powers to manipulate space, he could only use the conventional method of travel. As if knowing where he wanted to go, his horse took him to his destination in no time.

At some distance on the way to the southern border, there was a lake hidden in the jungle. Not many people knew about it and the lake was isolated from the world. Even Zevan himself had chanced upon it by luck. 

Tying his horse to one of the trees, he tread carefully in the direction he remembered the lake to be. Although all he saw was a dense jungle ahead of him, Zevan knew otherwise. The lake was hidden using magic from everyone and only permitted people could see it.

Stopping at a distance he assumed to be apt, he looked around him before settling his gaze ahead of him. "Thessa." He called softly, hoping for her to hear his call. "Thessa, are you there?" 

Silence. 

"Thessa, please respond to me if you are here. I need your help. Please." Zevan begged, his voice turning low and hoarse in desperation. His emotions were evident in his tone and he hoped for the lady to notice it.

There was no response for some time and Zevan was about to call Thessa again when the leaves started to rustle. A cool breeze that carried with it the scent of water lilies blew. The energy around him changed and Zevan smiled in gratitude immediately. The lake that had been hidden behind the false veil of a dense jungle appeared before him immediately.

"What is it, Zevan? Why are you here again?" The lady asked in distress and Zevan felt guilty for intruding into her space without informing. However, he had no way of contacting her other than to approach her in her place directly.

"Is it convenient for me to speak to you? I need your advice." Zevan explained the purpose of his visit subtly.

Thessa sighed and Zevan felt bad for her. If he was not in a pickle, he would never have disturbed her peace.

"What is it, Zevan?" 

Zevan heard the familiar voice from behind him and he turned around to face the red-haired lady. Her hazel eyes looked at him questioningly while he stared at the once young girl who was slowly turning into a graceful lady.

"Thessa, I apologize for intruding into your space. I need your advice on some important matters." Zevan gave her a desperate look of plea and Thessa examined him for a moment before giving in.

"If I was not indebted to you for life, I would not have had to endure your torments," Thessa grumbled and Zevan gave her a sheepish look. "If my intuitions are right, you are here to seek advice on the recent happenings in Meadel."

Zevan was not surprised that she was aware of his intentions. Even though she stayed far away from the kingdom capital, she was au courant with everything that was happening in not just Meadel but the entire world of Azuvar as well.

"It is disheartening to see the people dead. Do you wish to seek advice on how to proceed next? On how to find the person who murdered them?" Thessa tilted her head and contemplated.

"No, Thessa. I am here to seek advice on something else." Zevan clarified and Thessa nodded curtly. 

"Shall we walk while we talk?" She did not wait for him and started walking and Zevan had no choice but to follow her.

"What do you want to ask me, Zevan?"

"Thessa, as you already know what kind of a precarious situation Meadel is in." Zevan started and Thessa listened to him silently. "Now, even Prince Jarett is missing." He continued and revealed all that he knew and had experienced the last few days.

Thessa did not react much. But she too was inwardly astounded to learn that an imposter had taken residence in the palace. 

"I have no one to share my thoughts with other than my Master and now he is injured. You are the only one I trust. I now do not know what to do. Please help me, Thessa." Zevan stopped walking and pleaded. He had never felt this helpless before.

Thessa stayed quiet for some time and comprehended everything Zevan had revealed to her slowly and analyzed the situation. "Zevan, did it ever occur to you why Prince Jarett has not been killed yet?" 

"What?" Zevan could not understand what she was saying.

"Since the imposter and his Lord want to end Azuvar, why would they need to keep Prince Jarett alive?" Thessa perused and realization dawned upon Zevan.

"Do you mean to say..." Zevan gave her a look and Thessa pursed her lips thoughtfully.

"I have an inkling that Prince Jarett is not in the clutches of the imposter. He must either be hiding somewhere and waiting for the perfect time to return or..." She went silent all of a sudden and Zevan felt his heart drop when he discerned what she was about to say next.

"Or he is already dead."

0