PPEB: Eavesdrop onto Adults.
334 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Extra Chapters on P@treon

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

I also have another Fanfiction going on Webnovel.com 'Uchiha's Genjutsu Demon' which has close to 390 chps. Do check it out as well.

_____________________________________________________________

"What happened?" Aunt May asked as she saw me space out a bit. I was about to apologize and go back to helping Maya but Aunt May walked close to me and asked "If you are still thinking about that man's murder then don't. If you want, you can take a leave from school tomorrow and we can go for a movie or something…just to lighten the mood you know." 

I looked at Aunt May's eyes and all I could see was pity and care. Throwing away the useless thoughts circulating in my mind, I just smiled and said "I have a project submission tomorrow so I have to go…but I will take you up on your offer this Saturday…Peter can join us as well."

Hearing this, Aunt May's smile also widened as she ruffled my hair and said "Go and help out Maya now…We have prepared something for you guys to eat."

"Before the party starts?" I asked in a confused tone to which Aunt May chuckled and said "Its just a taste test of the things we have prepared but together they will be enough to fill your stomachs till the main event."

As I was rearranging my hair walking towards the hall, I heard a loud sound.

Crash! Bang! Whack!

This noise was then followed with the sound of multiple car alarm sounds and honking. I looked back at Aunt May to which she said "This day just keeps getting more and more chaotic."

Me and Aunt May made our way toward the hall and saw Derek and Maya were already standing outside the house…just at that time Ryan also walked down to the hall after changing his clothes and Mrs Smith and Elise came out. 

All of us looked at each other but we knew that it had nothing to do with us since the sound came from a distance. We all went outside and saw smoke coming from a distance. The distance was nearly 2 blocks from Ryan's place.

"Derek, what happened?" I asked as I tried to get a better look to which he said "Looks like an accident for now…it all happened suddenly…a black SUV just speeded through here a few seconds later and seems like that's what caused the accident. 

"I'll go and see for now…I might need to stay until the cops arrive." Elise said as she got in her car. 

"This city is getting more and more dangerous every year. It feels like the world has changed since Tony Stark became Iron Man." Mrs Smith said while shaking her head. 

After a few seconds, we all got inside the house. Within a few minutes, everyone had come out from the shock of the car accident and everything was back to chaos and laughter. 

Just as we were almost done with the preparations, we heard the sound of a car in the driveway. As we looked through the window, we saw that it was Uncle Mathew's (Ryan's Father) car. 

"Dad"

"Dad's here" the kids ran outside to welcome their father. 

Ryan's father who had a serious expression until now, smiled brightly after seeing the two little ones in new clothes. After the trouble he went through since this morning was suddenly worth it after seeing them.

As he was coming in, he noticed the commotion going on at a distance. As he saw his wife after entering the house he pointed toward the road and asked "Honey, what's the matter over there? What's all the fuss about?"

"Seems like some kind of car accident. Elise is there already…She said she'll come back once the cops secure the area." Mrs Smith said as she helped him remove his suit.

Mathew placed his police badge and gun on the dining table and sat down to drink water. He looked at Ryan and me and asked "Everything alright with you two?" to which both of us nodded. 

"Let's talk for a bit upstairs in Ryan's room." Mathew said as he went up the stairs. The two of us understood that he didn't want the others to know anything just yet so we quietly followed. 

As we settled in Ryan's room, he asked "After the two detectives took your statement, did an FBI agent as you some questions?" 

I was confused as to why Ryan's dad was suddenly asking us about Romanoff but I maintained a Poker face and said "Yes…she asked the same questions as the two detectives. Although Ryan was able to get remember every detail so I did." 

"Okay...did she ask anything else? Or did any of you meet her afterwards?" He asked to which we both shook our heads saying no. "No…the only time she talked to us was when she was in front of the detectives. Why what happened dad?" Ryan asked with a worried expression.

"Oh no…nothing…I was just curious since I wasn't there and the feds can be a pain sometimes." Mathew chuckled as he waved his hand which had Ryan sigh in relief as well but I wasn't going to be fooled. There was something going on his mind and the last thing I needed was for him to go in search of Romanoff.

Knock Knock

"Who is it?" Mathew asked as he knew his wife or kids weren't the type of people who would knock. They would just barge inside the room without a care for privacy.

"Mathew it's me… Elise" 

Mathew opened the door to Elise standing on the other side of the door with two transparent ziplock bags in her hand. Both the bags had evidence printed on it and there were cellphones in each of the bag.

 "I was just gonna call you Elise. What happened over there? My wife told me that there was an accident." Mathew asked to which Elise said "Yes you can call it a accident…but" Elise stopped at but and looked at me and Ryan and then glanced at Mathew.

Mathew understood what she meant so he stepped out of the room and closed the door behind him to talk to Elise.

"Huh? But I wanted to hear about the accident." Ryan complained as he got up and walked close to the door and stuck his ear on the door trying to eavesdrop on the conversation.

I was about to stop him but I was also interested in their talks so I accompanied Ryan and stuck my ear to the door. 

Luckily for us the doors were quite thin so we could hear everything Elise was telling Ryan's dad.

"The accident was caused due to an SUV. It just rammed into a couple of cars parked outside a restaurant." Elise said to which Mathew inquired "Was there anyone in the car outside the restaurant?" 

"No…luckily the owner was in the restaurant eating so that's not a problem." 

"Oh…that's good…then what about the SUV driver? Was he drunk or high on drugs?" Mathew inquired.

"None…that's the odd part. There were two Asian people in the SUV wearing black suits. And we found them both dead. Their skin had turned blueish in color and they were both dead."

"What??blueish skin? You mean they were poisoned?" Mathew asked surprised to which Elise said "Nope..that's what I thought when I saw the first time but the paramedics said that "it wasn't poison but had Pulmonary edema…that must have caused them to do the bad driving and the crash is what killed them."

"Pulmonary edema…how can two people get liquid in their lungs at the same time. The coast isn't anywhere close." 

"I know…I have informed the Medical examiner to send us a copy of the autopsy report. The cops on the scene think the victims are part of some Asian gang because we found guns and bloodied blades in the back seat and trunk."

"Asian gangs are never good news. They hardly fear us…much less normal cops." Mathew said.

"Enough about this accident. Tell me about the murder…what are your observations after seeing the crime scene?" Elise asked to which Mathew said "The man's throat was slit with a blade. But forget that…the weird part is the victim's legal age is 32 but he looks liked in his 40s or 50s."

"How can someone age faster? Any genetical defects?" 

"We don't know…I have assigned an officer to contact his next of kin. But all that isn't the weird part." 

"What do you mean? You have a weird twist to your story as well?" Elise asked.

"Yes…when you told me that an FBI had come to interview Ryan and Jared, I placed a call to an FBI friend of mine to find out about this case, he told me that they don't have any such case and that the FBI agent Sophia isn't a part of FBI."

"WHAT? SHE WASN'T FBI?" Elise asked so loudly we could easily hear it in the room.

"No…I told them her full name as well and he denied it saying that no one with that name was sent by them or even works at the FBI."

____________________________________________________________________

Extra Chapters on P@treon

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

13