PPEB: Convincing the Billionare.
317 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Person POV

Jakuna Singh tried his best to wiggle out of this bind but he wasn't someone who had ever used his physical strength. Jared didn't say anything for a few seconds and just let Jakuna Singh struggle as much as he wanted. He hadn't blocked Jakuna's nose with water so there was no problem breathing.

After a few seconds when Jakuna's movements slowed down due to exhaustion, Jared called out from above "Are you done with your struggle Mr Singh?"

Jakuna immediately looked in the direction the sound came from and saw a man looking at him from the upper floor gallery. Jakuna squinted his eyes trying to see the man's face but the man wore a hoodie and cap above his head and had a cloth covering his mouth and nose. The only visible part of his face was his eyes. 

"Ummm….Ummmm" 

Seeing that Jakuna was trying to say something Jared said "I know you have a lot of questions and might even want to scream to call your bodyguards but I want you to hear me out because what I am about to tell is for the betterment of you and the World Security Council as well as SHIELD."

Hearing the two magic words WSC and SHIELD, Jakuna's eyes widened and he stopped struggling. He wasn't too surprised though because if someone had supernatural powers then there is a small chance he knew about these things. 

"So now are you ready to listen?" Jared asked. Jakuna was a little cautious of Jared as he should be but he nodded.

"Good…now let me clear the air by saying that no matter what happens here, I don't intend to harm you so feel free to reject my proposal if you want to but remember don't try to backtrack and find me because then I will make everyone around you disappear before you can even contact the rest of the council members or Nick Fury." Jared said. He wanted to either go down and meet Jakuna or bring him up to his floor but he couldn't risk anyone seeing it. 

Jared really didn't have any intention of harming Jakuna Singh since he was one of the very few people on the council that were on the right side but he couldn't let Jakuna think of him as a complete pushover so it was necessary to end the sentence with a threat.

Jakuna nodded again which caused Jared to say "Good…now I will remove the binding on your mouth so don't scream or else the path you and the council are taking will lead to your death and I can't save you." 

Now that was a big statement. The members of the World Security Council weren't just some nobodies so saying that they would die was not to be taken lightly.

Jared undid the binding on Jakuna's mouth which caused the man to take a deep breath and look at the door of his room. He was trying to decide whether he should call out his guards or hear out Jared. 

He eventually decided against making a scene and looked up at Jared and stared daggers as he said "I do not appreciate being held hostage like this."

Jared shrugged his shoulders and said "Would you prefer ending up dead due to betrayal later or as a hostage now?" 

"Betrayal? By whom and what are you talking about kid?" Jakuna asked. Since Jared wasn't using anything to change his voice, it wasn't hard for Jakuna to guess that Jared wasn't too old.

"By a few other council members and a few agents of SHIELD." 

"Why would they kill me? The council and SHIELD none of them are made for annexing power or anything. It was made to protect the earth from supernatural threats…that come from inside and outside." Jakuna said defending SHIELD.

"That's because the council and SHIELD have been infiltrated deep by HYDRA." Jared said calmly.

"That's absurd…HYDRA was destroyed completely…you don't know a single word you are saying." Jakuna said angrily.

"The council members Alexander Pierce and Gideon Malick are two heads of HYDRA. I don't know much about the ones that are in SHIELD but they are plenty." 

"I don't know much about Malick but Alexander is the one who brought me into the council and now you are telling me that he is from HYDRA? What proof do you have?" Jakuna asked. 

"I don't and if we even try to find proof then we would be caught because they are everywhere. Currently, they can't operate as openly as they want since Nick Fury isn't a pushover and does things his way. But one day it will change and the proof of my statement would be a knife in your back." 

Jakuna was silent as he heard this. He didn't know what to believe. The person in front of him was saying things without any proof but even if he is right then they are heading to a path of doom and it would be too late by the time they find out. 

"What is your proposal then? You know that I can't take any actions based on someone's hearsay." Jakuna asked. He didn't know what to expect of this stranger. 

"You don't need to take any action against the council or SHEILD…that would just accelerate your death. My proposal is to create a team of superheroes that will take care of the bad characters just like SHIELD was meant to do but I do have a few conditions."

"What conditions?" 

"The team members will listen to me and only me, you will have no control over them, you will provide me with inside information on any decisions that the council or SHIELD is making, and last but not the least when the time comes, our organization will absorb the good parts of SHIELD." Jared said.

"That is a lot of conditions and why are you telling me all this? Do you require me only for inside information? And you think I will do that without even knowing who you are or what your name is?" Jakuna asked.

"Firstly, knowing my face and name won't help you in any way…it isn't like you will suddenly start trusting me and you have seen what my power is so no one will be able to disguise as me. And to answer your 2nd question…no I don't just need inside information…I need the most important thing you have…money. I can't have you doing me any favors or pulling any strings as SHIELD and eventually HYDRA will figure it out. I will need to prepare a hideout for the team and even provide them will salaries. The last thing I need is to be taken down by labor laws." Jared explained. Jakuna had an expression of confusion and shock on his face. He didn't think someone could make such demands without offering anything in return. 

"What if I reject this proposal of yours? How will you form your team or will you give up?"

"Doesn't matter…I will find another way to get inside information and also find someone will a lot of money. I am sure that not all billionaires are a part of the council. I approached you first because you were the perfect candidate."

'This proposal is something even a blind person will reject but if any of the things he is saying turns out to be true then SHIELD might end up becoming the very existence that we feared. I can't let it happen even if I have to blindly trust him.' Jakuna thought. 

He cleared his throat and said "Alright…so how much do you need for this hideout of yours and salary?" Jakuna asked thinking of ways to get some money out without raising a flag.

He then saw Jared's eyes look like a crescent moon which meant that he was smiling under the mask "Nothing much…just 100 million dollars and that too in gold."

Jakuna's eyes widened as he heard that. He was going to ask the reason but what kind of an answer was he expecting from someone like him?

"Alright give me a few days and I can make that happen..what are you going to name this organization though?" Jakuna asked.

"Oh, I have already thought of that…I am going to name it...

If you like the chapter then do reward us some power stones
____________________________________________________________
Extra Chapters on P@treon
https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

7