Chapter 14 Unchained
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

           FA Chapter 14 Unchained

"There are always those who hate geniuses. But most of that hate stems from envy and jealousy."

"The term 'genius' or 'prodigy' isn't something that should be bequeathed lightly. Musawo hasn't invented anything new during the past decade. And the inhibitor you just injected us with is just a derivative of the awakening serum. So...tell me...why does he get to be called a prodigy or genius?"

"...and then there is Musana. For all we know the man might have gotten lucky by stumbling upon a relic of an alien civilisation, kickstarting this Forger era. So...before any concrete clarification is given, the term genius isn't suitable."

"The people deserving of those designations are Einstein, Newton and a few others. They discovered things, then went on to create multiple formulae explaining the phenomena."

Bosingwa felt himself regaining a sliver of control over his mouth. Due to the paralysis, saliva had been leaking out uncontrollably, but now, he managed to stop it. It seems that the inhibitor  had its limits. 

He had been listening to Larssen's words and felt that they contained some truth. Though he admired Musana, even he had found it debatable as to whether the man had simply been too much of a genius to conjure up the Forger system. The majority of the public favored the opinion that the man had simply stumbled upon some extraterrestrial relic. Bosingwa himself was also leaning towards that camp.

"Its a pity you didn't manage to become a politician with that tongue of yours." Commented one of the other people in the room, causing a burst of laughter.

The cloth bag over his head was too dark, preventing his vision from making out anything. He really wanted the damn thing removed. Too bad these people weren't going to oblige him. Though, he had already captured some of their faces, what was the point of the bag?

"It seems that our guests have arrived. Look alive people! We have no idea what genes those two have incorporated. Make sure you are alert enough to prevent yourself from dying." The leader warned, the sound of his form standing up from whatever thing he had been sitting upon entering Bosingwa's ears.

He had heard the man contacting Bora. What made it so that he had the confidence that the woman would save them? And it had been proven right as he had implied that she had arrived. 

He had only met Senney...and now Bora. Both were scions of mega corporations, far above mere ordinaries like him, and yet, for some reason, they were as different as day and night. Senney had loved to rub it into people's faces about how they weren't at the same level as himself, and yet Bora acted like a normal human being, if the death contract was removed from the picture. Why had she grown up differently? Even Luna, had shown some distaste before getting to know them. So, why was Bora different? 

Those thoughts were kicked to the back of his head when he heard the sound of her voice. The footsteps that were echoing quietly within the room already signified that five people had arrived. Bora, Luna and the others.

"You wanted me here, and now you got me."

Arrogance! The sheer arrogance within her tone astounded Bosingwa. It was like he had just discovered a new continent. It had most definitely been unmistakable! Her tone had contained arrogance and a firm belief in herself, as if the people keeping him here were mere insects.

"Should we kill these three now that our target is here? They are no longer useful." A person among the assailants suggested. 

For a moment, there was silence as Bosingwa only felt the sound of his heart within his ears. He was powerless. And that powerlessness had given birth to fear. A fear of death. If he were to die fighting, then that wouldn't matter, but dying while powerless? He clenched his jaw in both fear and anger.

With a whoosh within the air, Bosingwa felt the fabric of the cloth bag being dragged against his skin as it was taken away from his head. For a moment, his eyes rapidly blinked as they acclimated to the sudden exposure to light.

The first person his eyes fell upon was Bora. He had managed to pinpoint the direction her voice had originated from, so with just a small adjustment, his eyes fell into those purple pupils of hers. They imperceptibly widened as the cocky expression across her face entered his eyes. It was an expression he had never managed to glimpse upon her face previously, with this being his first time.

"It seems that I have hidden my tail so deeply that some mice have become impatient. Its really a pity your client isn't here as I would have loved to introduce him to the monster that is me." With confidence, Bora took a step towards Bosingwa and the others.

Even Luna was showing no fear or hesitation at all. Both were relaxed in contrast to the other three who had arrived with them.

Bosingwa became increasingly curious about where their confidence stemmed from. What was it that was making them bold to the point that they weren't showing any fear in the presence of Five liquid states and ten gas state Forgers?

The men and women making up the assailants moved to the front in concert, putting Bosingwa and the other two behind them. Drekov had been knocked unconscious while Larssen appeared to be in a world of his own. He found it a pity that he had missed seeing the man's expression during his passionate conversation with the assailants.

"All of you should watch out. Be extra cautious as we have no idea about these two women's genetic enhancements." The leader, a man who appeared to have a somewhat burly body and a crewcut hairstyle spoke. The assailants were spreading out, hoping to encircle Bora, Luna, Ice, Flame and Mrs. Namatovu.

Bosingwa didn't like his current state. It would have been better to fight alongside Bora and the others. Even with no restraints, his body was still paralysed. It was regaining some semblance of reconnection with his brain, but with the rate at which it was happening, the battle would have already concluded by the time he regained full control.

Bora, who had been shrinking the distance between herself and the assailants inexplicably vanished, only to reappear right in front of him with a head within the palm of one of her hands with blood dripping down onto the pristine white floor of the training room. For a moment, Bosingwa almost thought she had teleported, but that was impossible as she was still only in the liquid stage!

A figure cast a shadow upon her back after which both disappeared. She had lagged within his sight for a only a fraction of second, that for a moment he had thought it to be an illusion, if it wasn't for the severed head pressing down onto two syringes and the one plunged into his heart, containing a liquid that was probably an antidote to the paralysis agent.

Bosingwa clicked his tongue upon understanding the multi-layered plans Bora had constructed. By having her back towards the others, she had masked the syringe in his heart. And then, she ingeniously hid the other two just underneath the severed head, with just the smallest amount peeking out in his direction. She was very very clever.

Within just a second, he felt his body regain it's senses, but before he could even celebrate the achievement, one of the assailants hurtled just a few inches by his side, having been hit by somebody. The collision with his body alone would have given him some minor injuries! He had to get a move on.

Picking up the syringes, he set off at the fastest speed he could muster, reaching Drekov first and plunging a needle into his heart, with precision. His entire mind was high strung, performing at enhanced speeds, meaning that there was absolutely no way he could botch up the task.

After injecting Larssen, merely a bit over a second had elapsed. His focus was then diverted towards the figure who had been sent hurtling away from the main battlefield. He had been familiar. The man who had captured him. Was this the work of the intangible hand of fate at work? He wondered even as he launched himself towards the man who had just stabilised himself. 

This time, he was going to make sure that he didn't lose!

He felt his foot sink as he forcefully stopped his momentum just a meter before the man, throwing a punch he felt was so powerful that he could even feel the air resistance through the skin of his knuckles.

The man dodged before the fist could connect but, Bosingwa had been prepared, kicking out with his left leg, causing the man to have to block, thereby being pushed back for a few meters. 

The ripples that were radiating outwards beneath them signified how the training room was able to remain standing even in the face of such fierce combat, yet Bosingwa was certain that with the large amount of clashes taking place, the room wasn't bound to survive this.

0