Chapter 40 It’s not worth our time.
385 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now I will alternate sales between the two guilds.

“ready to go to the dungeon?”

Mia/Lina: “of course master”

We took a cart to get to the gate, we arrived at the dungeon at around 8 am, the travel time was a problem.

I don't know at what level the adventurer class unlocks, I heard that with some time in the explorer class it automatically unlocks, it must be some level milestone with the villager's level 5.

In the Dungeon, I went straight to floor 2, I want to get to floor 3 to see if the items are worth it.

“Mia, I want to go straight to the boss’s office”

Mia: “right master”

“before that I want to do a test to see how much stronger the monsters are compared to those on the previous level”

Lina asked waving at Mia and her.

Lina: “of course we need to do something?”

“yes, I want you to kill a monster alone, since its attack is only a little stronger than 3 common attacks”

Lina: “common attacks?”

Then I explained what I consider a common attack and that lvl 1 monsters needed 15 common attacks to die.

Lina: “I understand if he doesn’t die with 5 of my attacks they are stronger, the master wants to see how much stronger they are, right?”

I gave a small smile and nodded.

We proceeded to the first battle of the day with Lina on the front line as she only had one lvl 2 Needle Wood as on floor 2 only one or two monsters from the floor or the previous one could appear.

Lina parried the monster's first attack and delivered a blow followed quickly by another before blocking one of the roots that came towards her, followed by two more attacks and a dodge instead of a block and she had to attack twice more to the monster dies.

So it took 6 attacks, a lvl 2 monster needs 16-18 attacks on this face, the increase didn't seem to be much.

Lina: “6 attack master, it didn’t seem to have strengthened much”

“yes, when you reach level 3 we will test again I want to see if only 16 basic attacks are useful or more”

Lina: “ok”

Mia gave me the branch that fell and put it in the item box which now holds 5x5 items.

Mia: “this way”

Mia showed us the shortest route with the most monsters to the boss room, after about two hours of battle when we were already close to the boss room, Lina went up to level 3 and confirmed that she only needed 16 attacks to a lvl 2 monster.

If this is the pattern, one attack per level on the first floors and it's too good to be true, there must be a jump at some point, I'll pay attention to that on the next floors.

Lina: “it seemed like it only increased one attack for the monsters on the previous floor, master”

“I hope it stays like this”

Mia: “it doesn't matter because we're going to get stronger too and now I'm even able to kill the monsters sometimes when they make different noises”

That reminds me that I never told her what a critical attack is.

Lina: “Master, do you know what this is?”

She and quite attentive by my expression realized that I know something, well I'm not trying to hide it in the first place.

“yes, everyone has a minimum chance of causing these attacks that are stronger than normal, I call it ‘critical’ and from what I calculated my attacks have a 1/20 chance of happening”

Lina: “I can also cause these attacks, so I hadn’t noticed”

“I'm not sure if yours, what I call the chance of 'critical rate' happening, is the same as mine, Mia's class has an ability that enhances her critical rate, which is more or less 1/5 of her attacks. critics”

I tried to be as didactic as possible, because it is a very technical subject without a screen to illustrate it for them.

Lina: “I think you understand, it’s not good to count much on that then”

"Yes"

As for Mia, she was a little lost in our conversation, I just stroked her head, although she's cute...

After a few more battles we arrived at the boss room and there was no one there, the door was already open which means there was no one fighting the boss, this floor seemed to be unpopular.

White Caterpillar lvl 2:

Type Insects

Skills: Throwing thread (higher frequency)

Weaknesses: Fire Magic

Resistances: Earth Magic

Drops: Silk thread

I looked at the caterpillar and then at Lina.

“Lina, do you have the confidence to be the tank? Say yes only if you are sure.”

She responded instantly.

Lina: “yes master”

“ready?”

I received positive nods so I waved for Lina to go ahead with me and Mia right behind, I waited for Lina to give several attacks so the boss wouldn't turn on me straight away, I'm dealing 9 basic hits x2 from the weapon and if I get critical x2 again... . If it hits, it will almost half the boss's life.

The next multiplier I'm going to put in critical is quite worth it.

Mia: “she’s doing well master, I thought it would take longer to adjust to the battles”

Lina is doing so well that she is giving us the luxury of talking while she is fighting.

“yes, she is hardworking, I think we can fight now”

After several attacks from Lina, it only took two attacks from me and two from Mia for the white caterpillar to die, leaving a roll of thread behind.

Silk thread: can be used to make high-quality clothing. Price 100 nars.

The value is good but it's not really worth it.

Mia: “master, as we have already reached the boss’s office, it would be good to take a break... bathroom”

I gave a strange laugh because I had almost forgotten about it and now I also realize that I need it.

“We are going to take regular breaks from now on, you can tell me when you start to get tired or need to go to the bathroom, I get too involved in the battles”

Mia, along with Lina, let out a collective sigh, perhaps of relief or exasperation, a mixture of both, and more precisely what I felt from those sighs.

Mia: “of course master, and almost noon we are also going to eat something”

After we entered floor 3, we took a break to take care of our business and eat.

Lina: “Master, wouldn’t it be better to ask which monster appeared on each floor?”

I lowered my head a little embarrassed for forgetting that we could have done this before, now it was my turn to feel hands caressing my head, outside the dungeon we took off our gloves and helmet, keeping it on all the time and stuffy.

28