[36] Helplessness!
1.9k 2 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What should we do, Finn?"

"Ah, this..."

Finn looked at August and Ais in front of him, genuinely having a headache at the moment.

Although he had once wanted to play matchmaker between these two, his own goddess vehemently opposed it.

And now, Ais herself wanted to team up with August, and August threw the problem to him.

Honestly, Finn also wanted to pry open August's head and see what he was thinking. If you're so enamored, why do you still want to keep a distance from Ais?

After all, Ais in Orario was known for her beauty.

"Ais, do you have something to say?"

Helpless, Finn looked at Ais, hoping to break the deadlock with her.

"Finn, any problem if I team up with August?"

"It's not a matter of having a problem or not. You are the familia's combat core, and August is currently in the growth stage. If you two team up, it will definitely delay each other."

"No problem!"

Ais answered without hesitation.

Her growth had reached a bottleneck, so she urgently wanted to become stronger! Therefore, anything else could be postponed.

Finn had no way to deal with his princess. Logical reasoning didn't work, and talking didn't work either. It was really difficult.

Subconsciously, Finn's gaze fell on August.

August immediately turned his head, not looking at Finn. He came to resolve issues, not to receive them.

Regarding August teaming up with Ais, August wasn't opposed to it, but at this stage, he needed time for himself to grow.

Teaming up with Ais would undoubtedly be troublesome. With his Gacha System, he would frequently become stronger. While it might not be an issue for others, dealing with Ais, a girl with an absolute obsession for strength, would be challenging.

Not to mention, his recent acquisition of Armament Haki – if Ais found out, she would surely inquire thoroughly.

Once or twice was fine, but if this continued for a long time, anyone would find it unbearable.

Especially since the System was August's biggest secret. He wouldn't reveal a single bit of it to anyone now, even to his closest ones.

"Well, how about this, the next expedition, let August join as well. By then, you can cooperate with him. How does that sound?"

"Sure, no problem!"

Ais replied without hesitation.

Seeing his princess being so stubborn, Finn decided to take a step back. Even though Ais really wanted to know how August became strong, Finn, as the familia's leader, had orders to follow.

Thus, the matter was 'resolved,' and August and Ais left Finn's office.

Looking at August, Ais was puzzled. Why did their matter reach Finn's attention?

"Are you going to establish the Takemikazuchi Familia?"

"Huh? How did you know?"

"I heard it from Tiona."

"Ah, her again!"

August was speechless. Ais probably found out about his leveling up from Lefiya and Tiona.

Now, looking back, he was sure Tiona had been lurking around.

Otherwise, with Ais's personality, she wouldn't have come to him directly.

"Do you want to go together?"

"Okay!"

'I didn't invite you.'

Looking at Ais, who agreed so readily, August was a bit surprised.

However, thinking about it, August considered whether he should take advantage of this opportunity to come close with Ais. But then he remembered that Ais was the princess of the familia and Loki's little flower, so, he decided to give up this tempting idea.

Indeed, if he wanted to pursue Ais, it wouldn't be a problem. Most of the familia members wouldn't object! (Except for Loki)

But if he had Ais, and then wanted to pursue other girls, it wouldn't be very realistic.

After all, Ais was the cherished one of the familia, rightfully the princess. If he had her and tried to pursue other women, he would most likely be beaten to death.

"Huh? Ais? August?"

At this moment, Riveria walked out from a distance and coincidentally met the two.

"Riveria, you came at the right time. Let's go directly to establish the Takemikazuchi Familia!"

"Hmm? Aren't we waiting for Aki?"

August glanced at Ais beside him, giving Riveria an answer with his eyes.

Riveria couldn't help but laugh. August was entangled with Ais.

Moreover, Ais's intentions were very pure, just wanting to become stronger. August also seemed to have no particular feelings for Ais. After all, not everyone could repeatedly reject the Sword Princess's invitations.

At the same time, at the Takemikazuchi Familia.

"So, you transferred the four minotaurs to a man and a woman and then escaped?"

"Yes, God Takemikazuchi!"

In a not-so-large room, Ouka knelt on the ground and told Takemikazuchi everything.

Looking at Ouka in front of him, Takemikazuchi really wanted to reprimand him.

But Ouka's actions were to protect his companions, protect Chigusa and Inochi. This made him unsure of how to speak.

"Do you know which familia those people belong to?"

"This, I don't know."

"If those two die because of you, Ouka, do you know what kind of behavior this is?"

"I know!"

Takemikazuchi looked at Ouka, really not knowing what to do.

This wasn't a small matter. If the other party didn't die and returned to the familia, publicizing this matter could escalate into conflicts between the familia.

It might even evolve into a war between familias.

And while their people knew about their affairs and their children's abilities were still acceptable, any formidable familia could easily destroy them.

---
If you're interested in reading more, feel free to visit my patreon which already contains 20+ chapters:
https://www.patreon.com/XElenea

78