[50] Tsubaki Collbrande!
1.6k 3 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a women standing on the street, with black hair and red eyes, a female with an eye patch over her left eye. Her skin was dark, but there were some differences from the Amazon race.

The first impression she gave to August was not dangerous.

"Do we know each other?" August asked, puzzled.

"We do, but I know you. You don't know me."

"Hmm."

This was an odd response. Most people might not think much of it, but August had just arrived in Orario. How did she know him?

Thinking about it, August felt a sense of caution rising within him.

As soon as there was any movement, he could immediately use his Blink skill to teleport away. With his current magical power, the Blink teleportation distance was over a thousand meters. Doing it a few times would easily create enough distance.

Observing August, who seemed wary, the women suddenly burst into laughter.

"Just as Finn said, even though you're a newcomer, you're unusually sensitive."

"Huh?"

This surprised August. Knowing Finn and even knowing about him was going too far.

"My name is Tsubaki Collbrande, Hephaestus Familia member. We're old friends with Loki Familia. Finn visited me not long ago, specifically to talk about you."

"Oh."

August suddenly recognized her. Tsubaki Collbrande, the Captain of Hephaestus Familia. Like Ais, she was also a level 5 adventurer, a blacksmith, and bore the title of 'Cyclops.'

The equipment she forged was unquestionably top-tier weaponry in Orario.

In original series the equipment used to challenge the foul spirits, was forged by her. Each piece had the 'Indestructible' attribute added.

Especially during the final battle, wielding Tiona's large dual swords in one hand and holding Gareth's axe in the other, she fought with two heavy weapons, displaying mighty prowess.

"Miss Tsubaki, what brings you here?"

"Haha, it seems you do know me, August."

"As the Captain of Hephaestus Familia, I've heard a few things about you, even though I just arrived in Orario."

"That's good. According to what Finn told me, you have spatial abilities. Can you help me take these things back?"

Following Tsubaki's indication, August subconsciously looked over.

There was a warehouse-like building filled with a large amount of ore and various materials.

"Hmm, what is this..."

"I just got a batch of materials, but that guy actually dumped the goods here. I was just wondering how to get these things back."

This made August feel helpless, he had been unwittingly conscripted.

However, even with friendly Familia, August couldn't help but think it might not be appropriate to let the information about his spatial ability spread so casually. He began to doubt Finn's decision for the first time.

"Miss Tsubaki, leave this to me."

Saying that, August walked into the warehouse and stored all the items in his treasury.

Although using his treasury in this way slightly diminished its grandeur, there was no other option. Building a good relationship with a top-tier blacksmith, especially one like Tsubaki Collbrande, was crucial.

"Wow, is this your ability? It's truly amazing, spatial ability."

Tsubaki, seeing the warehouse rapidly empty, expressed astonishment on her face. Knowing about something was one thing, witnessing it was another.

Looking at the items in the treasury, August subconsciously wanted to hoard them.

These were undoubtedly top-quality materials, along with various ores, all of considerable value. If these were his, he would definitely strike it rich.

"August, you're really amazing."

Tsubaki, with a smile, patted August's shoulder familiarly, as if they were old friends.

This made August somewhat speechless. This woman was too familiar.

However, August also understood that this woman wasn't as simple as she appeared.

The relationship with Finn was undoubtedly that of old friends. Even the usually difficult Bete couldn't do anything about her.

"August, you've done me a great favor today. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

"Now that you mention it, there is something."

"Tell me."

"I'd like Miss Tsubaki to help me maintain this sword."

Saying that, August took out Elucidator. The battles during this period had caused some wear and tear on the weapon.

Although there was a durability skill that reduced 50% of the wear and tear, reducing it didn't mean there was none. Even in "Sword Art Online," if a weapon's durability dropped, the weapon would still break.

"Hmm? This sword..."

The moment Tsubaki saw Elucidator, her eyes narrowed.

She reached out, took the sword, and carefully examined it from front to back.

"This is a forging technique I've never seen before, and these unclear patterns on it seem to be some kind of inscription, but also not."

Watching Tsubaki suddenly embody the spirit of a craftsman, August didn't know what to say.

A few minutes later, Tsubaki put down Elucidator, but flames of excitement were ignited in her eyes.

"Hey, what's the name of this sword?"

"Elucidator."

"Elucidator? A good name. Where did you get this sword?"

"Found it."

"Can you sell it to me? I can offer you one hundred million valis."

One hundred million valis was an astronomical figure, especially for August, a poor man who had never seen a million.

However, August ultimately suppressed his greed.

"I won't sell this sword."

"Is it not enough? I can offer you one hundred and twenty million valis."

"It's not about money. This sword is my partner. How could I sell my partner?"

In an instant, Tsubaki was stunned.

In Orario, weapons were just tools, consumables. Every adventurer scrapped a large number of weapons each year. Not everyone would go through the trouble of maintaining them. Most would simply buy new ones.

However, for a blacksmith, each weapon was equivalent to their child.

The reason August said this wasn't that he really didn't want to sell Elucidator. He was deliberately boosting Tsubaki's favorability. If he built a good relationship with her, wouldn't he have access to top-notch weapons in the future?

"You really are an odd one, treating a weapon as a partner."

Although she said it casually, August could see that Tsubaki's attitude toward him had quietly changed.

Because of August's demeanor, she saw a resemblance between him and a younger member of her Familia.

A person who possessed the skill of forging magical swords but was unwilling to use it. August and the young member of her Familia overlapped in her eyes.

In the end, the person she had to protect was a little unwilling to use his own abilities.

---
If you're interested in reading more, feel free to visit my patreon which already contains 20+ chapters: 
https://www.patreon.com/XElenea

75