Meeting The Pillars
383 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the days passed, Yuu was training while waiting for something, and in the third week of May, The thing Yuu was waiting for finally happened.

"Tachibana-sama, Oyakata-sama would like to meet you in person," Kanae said at the dinner table making the others at the table stop in place.

"Would it be alright for the leader of the demon slayer corps to meet me?" Yuu's reason was valid as he was the one who had popped out of nowhere with no history. And he was strong to boot so if Yuu was a spy from the demon's side things would be very bad for them.

'At least you know you are suspicious,' Shinobu thought but didn't butt into the conversation since it was an important topic.

"The reason Tachibana-sama is allowed to meet Oyakata-sama is that Oyakata-sama trusts Tachibana-sama enough," Kanae said.

'More like he trusts his pillars to safe him if I try to hurt him,' Yuu knew it would be like this, to be honest, he was more surprised that he was able to live for more than a month in Butterfly mansion without any interruption from the corps.

He was also sure that Kanae must've relayed the information about the demons in the west and about the things Yuu had said till now. This was all a bait and also a way to make a clear background for himself, And the fish had finally arrived in front of the bait.

"When will the meeting be?" Yuu asked.

"In a week's time on the 1st of June, It is the date of the pillars meeting as well," Kanae said as she looked a lot more relieved than before.

"I see," Yuu nodded, this was what he expected anyway.

"What's with that dry response? You better thank my sister, do you know how much of a good word she put in for you," Shinobu finally spoke since the serious matter was over.

"Shinobu that isn't something I need to be thanked for," Kanae thought that it was only natural to do so.

"Even if you say that Kochou-san, I am indeed very grateful to you," Yuu said bowing his head slightly to show his gratitude.

"….Well, If Tachibana-sama would go that far then I'll accept it," Kanae sighed as she had no other choice in the matter.

'I didn't think he would do that,' Shinobu was a bit taken aback by this but…

"See, it wasn't that hard," Shinobu said with a nod.

Kanae only shook her head as the three ate their dinner and went back to their room.

Yuu was sitting on the bed in his room, he was looking at the chat group.

Well, he couldn't really use it since whenever he opens his phone it would only show him the mission page but there was something different that appeared on the screen now.

---------

Main Objectives:- 

1. Save A Hashira. [Completed]

2. Kill An Upper Moon. [Incomplete]

---------

'Well, this is at least good,' Yuu thought as this indication was a good thing since the objective was very vague and could mean a lot of things.

But the complete indicator showed up after Kanae finished with her rehabilitation and regained her physical powers, Which meant that saving the Hashira objective would only be completed if the Hashira in question could still continue to be an active demon slayer.

So this worked well, but even then Yuu was going to be more careful from now on.

'It would be a waste if Kanae dies before the mission is fully completed and then it shows the objective is incomplete again,' Yuu thought while looking at the list of objectives thinking of the ways he could achieve them the best way possible.

He had already placed his phone back into his bag and went to sleep. All he needed was to wait one more week and the plan would start for real.

And the day came considerably fast as Yuu was now standing in the headquarters of the demon slayer corps.

Yuu came here with Kanae and was carried by a Kakushi, he was made to wear blindfold and earplugs so that the location doesn't get leaked.

'I need to wait for some time before someone calls for me,' Kanae had gone ahead of him to the gathering place and he would most likely be called after all of the Pillars had gathered.

Yuu was standing with the guy who carried him all the way here, the guy looked absolutely spent.

'I don't think I am that heavy, it might be because of the distance he traveled, It did take 33 minutes 49 seconds from the Butterfly Mansion to get here,' Yuu was sure that the route wasn't straight to here, it was to throw off the person that was being carried, making them think they had traveled a long distance.

While Yuuya was thinking this another Kakushi arrived in front of him.

"The Hashiras have gathered, Please follow me," The Kakushi said as he walked in front, Yuu followed him after giving the Kakushi who brought him here a nod.

"They are just around the corner," The Kakushi said while stopping about 30 meters before the turn.

"I see, Thank you for guiding me," Yuu said as he walked ahead without a change in expression.

'This guy …can he seriously not feel that oppressive aura coming from there,' The Kakushi who guided Yuu till here was sweating bullets even though he was that far away from the place. The guy felt like he was being stabbed by needles all over his body.

But he was even more focused on Yuu who didn't seem to be affected by it at all.

'Those are some intense stares,' Yuu thought as he looked at the six people standing on the gravel, Yuu could also see the garden behind them as this area alone was as big as his whole house back in his world, their backyard included.

Although all of them aside from Kanae were looking at him with intense stares, Yuu could only feel hostility from two people in the group.

But even then only one of the two was real hostility.

'Shinazugawa Sanemi, It seems he is upset because there is a chance that I am a spy aiming for their leader,' Yuu looked at the tall and muscular along with spiky long white hair, He was glaring at him with his pale purple eyes full of unrestrained anger.

Ignoring him Yuu looked at the second person who was looking at him with hostility albeit it was fake.

'Uzui Tengen, The Sound Hashira,' Yuu at Tengen who was half a foot taller than him, with broad shoulders, he was also muscular with lightly tanned skin and white hair. He had quite a lot of different accessories compared to Sanemi who was wearing nothing but a demon slayer uniform with a white long-sleeved shirt over it.

Yuu wasn't deterred by those stares and walked forward without much of a change in his expression.

"Flamboyant indeed," Uzui chuckled as his hostility vanished in thin air.

But Sanemi had no thought of backing down as he kept on sharpening his killing intent, At this point, Kanae thought it was far enough.

"Shinazugawa-kun I think Th-" But it seemed that her intervention pissed off Sanemi even more.

"Stay out of this Kochou," Sanemi snapped as Kanae hesitated a little before…

'I can't stay quiet at a time like this,' Kanae thought as she saw Sanemi reaching for his katana, she was about to stop him but…

"Stop it right there, Shinazugawa," The tallest guy among these people spoke up. Everyone was shocked to see him intervene even Kanae didn't think he would.

"Himejima-san?" Even Sanemi was shocked by this as he turned to look at the person in question.

The Stone Pillar, Himejima Gyomei, had an extremely muscular build being a head taller than Tengen with spiky black hair and a scar running across his forehead.

'He is the strongest one here,' Yuu thought while looking at the blind man, Yuu also didn't expect he would intervene since he is currently suspected but this was a rather welcome situation.

'It is better than me having to lay this guy out,' Yuu thought glancing at Sanemi.

"Oyakata-sama is about to arrive, such an atmosphere would be unpleasant for him," Gyomei said with a gentle voice unlike before.

"Yeah, it would be better to not do pointless things," Another one of the people spoke but Sanemi's reaction was different to him compared to Gyomei's.

"Rengoku-san how is this pointless? That man is suspected to be a spy," Sanemi spoke in anger while pointing at Yuu.

"And I don't remember it being our job to find that out," Rengoku Shinjuro said while yawning, He was the current Fire Pillar, he had unruly orange hair that becomes red near the ends above his ears, his hair was messily tied back behind his head. His orange eyes had a lazy look as if he didn't want to be here at all.

"Th-" Before Sanemi could make any more noise an announcement was made.

"Oyakata-sama is arriving,"

7