Missions Starts
181 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'I should change into different clothes,' Yuu thought as he opened his wardrobe and put on clothes he had prepared in advance.

A purple kimono with a black obi belt, this was a precaution since you can't go wrong with this in japan no matter the era. Though it begged the question if he was going to be sent to Japan. What if he is dropped off somewhere else and has to get to japan on his own? 

If Yuu starts to think about every possibility that has popped up in his mind he will be sitting in his room for a few days. 

So, rather than doing that he decided to take out the bag again and opened the chat group on his phone. He opened the chat group and looked at the screen for a few seconds.

He picked up the bag with his left hand and pressed [Accept]. Just that instant the world lost its colors and came to a halt, the clock hands stopped moving, and the fluttering curtain hung in the air as if it was tied by strings.

And Yuu vanished from where he was standing a few moments ago.

***

April 1911. Minamiadachi (Modern day: Adachi, Tokyo prefecture) Japan.

A small town in the Minamiadachi district had a bustling atmosphere that surrounds it. The streets are crowded with people going about their daily business, and the air is filled with the sounds of carriages, bicycles, and the occasional automobile.

The town is a mix of traditional Japanese buildings and newer, western-style buildings. The houses are small and modest, with paper windows and doors that can be opened to let in the breeze during the hot summer months. The shops are equally modest, selling goods such as rice, vegetables, and other necessities.

As you walk through the town, you see people of all ages and occupations. Some are dressed in traditional Japanese clothing, such as kimonos, while others are wearing western-style suits and dresses. 

You can see farmers bringing their produce to market, kids walking to school, and people working in the shops and businesses that line the streets. There are also a number of larger buildings, such as a hospital, and a post office.

It is currently still early afternoon, and a man in a purple kimono walked out of a jewelry shop with a pouch in his hands. This was, of course, Yuu.

"Thank you very much," Yuu bowed politely to the woman who came to see him at the door of the shop. She looked in her late twenties and was wearing a white kimono with a floral print secured by a pink obi belt. 

"My, You are polite to the end, do your best even if this is a new town, if you ever have a hard time, you can ask for our help, Alright?" The lady said with a smile.

"...I'll keep it in mind," Yuu said even if he could see the woman's husband looking over her shoulder.

'Don't you dare come here again,' That is what the middle-aged man was thinking about and Yuu could feel it.

"That basket looks heavy, do you need some help with that?" The woman asked looking a little worried.

"It isn't that heavy," Yuu said as he slipped his hands through the black straps of the basket that wasn't really a basket, It was the bag he brought with him and he made the basket around it.

"I see, be careful, there are some bad people around, and stay away from those fanatics, Also don't roam around at night again, if you can't find a place to stay by then just come back, Okay?" The woman actually seemed worried.

 "…Certainly," Yuu said so even if he didn't have any plans on coming back.

"Such an honest fellow, I feel bad for what happened to him," The woman muttered while looking at Yuu walking away.

"Stop worrying about others, that is a young man he needs to stand up for himself even if he is an orphan," The man seemed displeased with Yuu since his wife actually brought him home last evening saying that the young man didn't have a place to stay.

'To think she still believes in demons and whatnot,' The man was getting angry, he certainly didn't want Yuu to be around the house again.

"Dear you shouldn't be like that, didn't I also help you when you first came to town and had no place to stay at? That was how we first met remember," The woman sighed at her husband's attitude as he looked even more displeased.

'She is too naïve, who knows what type of men roam around these days,' The man was clicking his tongue but as he looked at his wife all his displeasure vanished.

She was giggling happily looking at the golden bracelet on her hand.

"Hmm? Dear, why are you closing the shop?" The woman looked perplexed.

"We are going to our room," the man only said that as he took the woman with him.

Yuu, on the other hand, stopped in front of an Inn, or in current times known as a Ryokan, it was situated on the east edge of the town and was run by a family of four. A couple that looked in their early forties with only their son and his wife.

The inn had tatami mat floors, sliding paper doors, and futon beds. It offered simple, modest accommodations for travelers. A few guest rooms, a common area for eating and socializing, and possibly a small garden or courtyard.

Yuu had to pay about 80 sen a day, during this time period 1 yen was further denominated in 100 sen. 

This price also included food as well, it was made by the innkeepers. There were also a few other people staying in the inn but Yuu didn't pay any attention to them since they weren't there and had left the premise before he arrived.

As for the main question, How did Yuu get the money to use in the current time period?

'Good thing I brought some gold with me,' Yuu thought as he sat down in his room letting down the basket from his back.

He had sold a gold bracelet to the jewelry shop he came out of before. The bracelet weighed an ounce and it seemed like the guy bought it for his wife after seeing it once.

Yuu got 84 yen from that, it might seem like a small amount but the time period itself was different. It seemed like the shopkeeper didn't scam him since his wife was standing near the guy looking at him like 'Don't you dare'.

'She was a kind lady,' Yuu thought, He had plans to sell the gold but not staying their house.

Yuu arrived in the town yesterday around the time of sunset, he met that lady while looking around the place since it was the first town he came across after a few days off journey through the forest and a couple of small villages.

Yeah, he was dropped in the middle of the forest and had to find his way out of it. He used the emergency food he had kept in his bag and found the river quickly for a source of water, before following it in search of any settlement he could find.

He spent a whole day walking before he reached the first village and stopped there for the night. He started the journey again the next day at sunrise and reached this town after sunset, his kimono looked a little dirty, and while carrying a basket he made at the first village. He totally looked like a countryside boy moving to the town in search of work.

That is the reason the wife of the jeweler took him in, with her help he was able to sell the bracelet as well. He sold it saying that it belonged to his late grandmother and since he was in need of money he was selling it.

'Though I didn't expect her to cry and offer to lend me money,' Yuu sighed as he could still remember the glare that guy was giving him.

'I mean it isn't my problem that he is weak in bed,' Yuu thought as he walked out of the inn and passed by the open jewelry shop.

'Those are the fanatics the lady talked about,' Yuu looked at a few men looking around the area talking to various people with happy expressions.

Yuu had already found out about the current year and where he was currently.

'Let's get to the work,' Yuu already had a plan in his mind.

9