Things To Do
115 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was gathering information, On the day he took residence in the Inn. He went out and tailed the demon slayers that came to the town.

Hearing about the fanatics and the demon slayers roaming about the town, he wanted to know more about the situation.

So, Yuu saw where the demon slayers stayed, where they regularly ate their food, and where they gathered around to talk or share information. He did this for all of the demon slayers that had gathered in the town.

What stood out was the small tea shop on the east side of the town, The reason this shop was chosen by the slayers was that the shop had a few customers and the demon slayers went there so that people won't eavesdrop on them.

Yuu went and took the job of a waiter there in order to eavesdrop on the information up close without looking suspicious to them.

He was able to get the job easily because the old lady needed some hands to serve customers that came so suddenly. And that was how he heard about Kanae coming to the town.

Seeing the arrival of Kanae in a town where fanatics were active and the current year, Yuu was able to guess what will be happening.

'It looks like I happen to be somewhat lucky since I was near the time period when the incident took place,' If Yuu had missed this chance he would have to go through the long route of doing things.

Since after Kanae's death, no other Hashira was in danger, Of course, That is till Tanjiro showed up but there were still four years remaining for that. And if things got to that point…..

'I'll need to wait for nearly four years in this world, That is if I don't do anything in the meantime,' Yuu didn't think he would be able to do that. This guy was already missing his family.

Well, Jokes aside. After confirming that Kanae was coming the next day, Yuu looked around the town. To be specific he looked for houses in the same condition as the ones in the west.

Yes, there were several buildings all over the town that would become empty at night, this was not limited to the west side, albeit only a few in number.

The one he took Kanae into to treat her injuries was also one of such buildings. The thing was, not all fanatics went around the town trying to get people to join their cult.

Most of them lived as normal people during the day and turned into fanatics at night going into the house on the far west of the town. This is how they stayed in this town while having access to supplies.

The next day, he saw Kanae in the tea shop and followed her the entire time she was looking around the town, he didn't need to fear being caught as he was looking from quite a distance away at the time.

'I half expected the fight to not happen,' But Yuu's worries were unneeded as the fight took place and he prepared for it.

He placed C4 on the first floor and mirrors outside on the route he was going to take on his way back with the injured Kanae.

Yes, he let her get injured on purpose since that was the only way to catch Doma off guard. Yuu knew Doma would be in a rush since the sun was rising up. And this would be a good opportunity.

He got the Nichirin katana from a demon slayer he knocked out (The one that is being carried by the kakushi), and the rest is as it panned out. He was only going to get one opportunity to attack Doma and he used it to the fullest.

'Winning in a head-on fight was going to be difficult, I would lose an arm or a leg or more,' Yuu clearly had a plan in his mind, and in that plan saving Kanae was much more important than trying to kill Doma. In the current case, the first objective had higher rates of success than the latter.

Also, he didn't want to get an injury that will stick out, I mean if he has no way of getting his lost limbs back, How will he explain this to his family?

Simply hoping that there will be something that will help him in the shop will be the epitome of foolishness. There might be something in there but it surely doesn't mean he can afford it with his current points. And leaving things on chance (Gacha) wasn't his intention.

And by saving Kanae he had opened many more ways in which he can complete his second main objective and the other sub-objectives.

What had happened in the town was relayed to the demon slayer corps, not in detail but in a rough report. Kanae asked him to follow them to the butterfly mansion and he understood that she was asked to do so by the corps headquarters.

"Do you feel any discomfort?" Yuu asked Kanae since they were currently running and she had just gotten stitches a few hours back.

"No, it is quite ok, Is Tachibana-sama alright?" Kanae looked at Yuu's back even though she wasn't in that good condition herself, she was worried about Yuu since he seemed to be carrying quite a load with him.

"I am fine, tell me if you feel something is wrong, alright?" Yuu said as Kanae nodded with a smile.

'What are you scheming?' Shinobu was chewing her handkerchief in anger while glaring at Yuu from the back, she didn't like the way he was acting with her older sister.

It was pissing her off, if it wasn't for Kanae telling her to not be like this she would've questioned Yuu by now.

'How can such a strong person appear out of nowhere?' Shinobu's suspicion wasn't wrong; someone who can fight an Upper-rank demon and come out unharmed while protecting someone was surely not your average person.

Upper-rank demons haven't been slain in a long time, even by Pillars, and that spoke volumes of their strength.

'That loud explosion that obliterated the building and that basket he is carrying, and he is also trying to get chummy with my sister, he is suspicious,' Shinobu was getting suspicious for a different reason altogether. Yuu just ignored her gaze as they made their way back to the butterfly residence.

After arriving at the butterfly estate Kanae was carried straight to a room for her to lay down on a comfortable bed so…

"I'll examine Nee-sama's wound, I'll ask someone to see you to a room," Shinobu spoke to Yuu standing between him and Kanae's bed.

"It is alright Shinobu, Tachibana-sama was the one who treated me so it would be better for him to look after the wound," Kanae said even though she was having difficulty talking right now. But the reason she did was…

'Her hands are trembling,' Kanae saw Shinobu's hand trembling as she tried to face Yuu, it seemed like the incident from before dealt quite a blow to her.

"…Alright Nee-sama," Shinobu moved aside with a vexed look as Yuuya started to examine Kanae to see if anything went wrong.

Shinobu left the room a few minutes later since there was a commotion outside.

"Tachibana-sama..." Kanae took this opportunity to speak but she was stopped.

"There is no need to force yourself Kocho-san, I understand," Kanae's lungs were in bad shape because of the cold air she inhaled while fighting with Doma along with the wound on her stomach, a fractured arm and multiple wounds on her body that caused a lot of blood loss, it was impressive that she was still conscious much less talking.

Yuu understood the reason she was holding on and he honestly didn't care about Shinobu's actions till now.

"Thank you," Kanae mouthed in a weak voice as Yuu continued to examine her wounds.

"I'll take my leave as there are people waiting to see you," Yuu said as he left the room, as he did 5 blurs not counting Shinobu passed by him and reached Kanae's bedside.

Yuu could hear the cries even after he closed the sliding door.

Of course, he knew all 5 who went in and were currently crying. But that would come afterward as…

"Tachibana-sama, I've been told to show you to a room," A girl who Yuu assumed worked in here said as he nodded and followed her to a room.

'There is a lot of work to do now,' Yuu thought as he walked away from Kanae's room.

9