Background Information
106 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's go to the dining room then," Yuu walked towards the place where he'll have breakfast as the three girls followed him, they were about to eat in the same place as well.

Because Yuu was living in this estate for the past few days he knew his way around, this was also thanks to the three girls guiding him.

They seemed to respect him since they heard he helped Kanae who was like a benefactor to the three of them. So they helped Yuu with whatever they could in their free time.

"Why are you always the last one for breakfast?" Yuu heard a dissatisfied voice as soon as he walked into the dining room.

"I am a few minutes early," Yuu said pointing at the clock which read 6:55. He was a full 5 minutes early than the time they eat breakfast.

"tsk," Shinobu clicked her tongue inwardly as Yuu sat down with Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho helping Aoi in bringing the food from the kitchen.

Kanzaki Aoi was another girl that lived in the butterfly mansion, she mainly helped Shinobu in household chores while being under tutelage to become a demon slayer.

'From what I heard Kanae allowed her to live here since the students that are learning water breathing are all males and the cultivator was also at a loss for what to do,' Yuu had some water while looking at the plates that were coming onto the table.

In the original Aoi had given up the sword after passing the final selection but that was far in the future as she started learning 8 months ago.

Yuu got this info from the three girls while talking with them, he didn't want to rely solely on the information from the manga. Making an effort to get new information was also vital to his task since things are going keeping on changing because of him being present now.

"Thank you for the food," Everyone at the table prayed, well aside from one.

"Kanao you can start eating," Shinobu looked to her right at the small girl that looked about the same as the other three.

"Mm," Kanao nodded looking at Shinobu with her usual blank look, he picked up the chopsticks and started to eat.

'Tsuyuri Kanao, She has been here for two years now,' Yuu thought while eating, Kanao was 12 this year, she was two years younger than Shinobu but her frame was much smaller. This was because of malnutrition which was caused by her parents before Kanae took her in.

Aside from Yuu, everyone ate food at a quick pace since they had work to do, Yuu had a habit of eating at a steady pace that has stuck with him even after he became Tachibana Yuu.

The food was also good because of the freshness of the ingredients but Yuu kept on eating without much regard for it.

By the time Yuu finished his food everyone else was already gone, Shinobu went to look after the patients, Aoi went to practice where the water-breathing practitioners stayed, Kanao went with Shinobu and the three nurses went to perform their duties.

"Tachibana-sama the bath is ready," Naho came into the room like a flash, now she knew how much time Yuu took to finish his food so she came back at the exact time.

Yuu nodded as he saw her pile up the plates and bowls before running toward the kitchen. She would be going back to work after placing them with the other used utensils, these will be cleaned by Aoi after she comes back from the training in the evening.

Yuu went back to his room to get a change of clothes and some other things he'll need before going to take a bath.

It was a simple wooden bathtub with hot water, Yuu took off his navy blue kimono and the bandages as a soft flowery scent entered his nose.

'Well, the water is changed,' Yuu thought as even after that the scent was still there. He was used to this type of situation and wasn't one to care for it.

Yuu quickly washed his body and hair, his hands and feet were in a very bad state because of his training. But even then he washed himself properly without a change in expression before soaking in the bathtub for a good few minutes.

'I want to visit a hot spring if I have the chance,' Yuu contemplated while staying in the bathtub, he was a shower-only guy before but because of his friend hot springs kind of grew on him.

Even back home he would go to the hot spring resorts at least once every 6 months or sometimes even lesser than that, so given he was in the past where pollution wasn't a major issue. He wanted to try them out, but that was if he got a chance to do that.

After wiping himself, Yuu changed into a black kimono he had bought from a local store in the town he was in before and walked towards his room.

He quickly wrapped the bandages around his injuries after applying medicine to his wounds and then left the room again.

He was on his way to Kanae's room to check on her situation once again, it was the daily routine.

"Ah, Tachibana-sama you came a bit earlier today," As he entered the room he was greeted by Kanae and there was another person present like usual.

'Why do I have a feeling of déjà vu?' Yuu thought as he looked at Shinobu's disappointed eyes like she had missed an important opportunity.

"It would appear so," Yuu said to Kanae as she laughed, she had changed into a pink kimono and was still in bed.

Yuu came to check up on her like usual, he did this every morning just to make sure that her condition doesn't worsen suddenly. And just like every morning Kanae was talking to him.

"So, Tachibana-sama came from the west?" Kanae asked as she wanted to resume the conversation from yesterday.

Kanae just asked some questions to Yuu yesterday since she was curious about him, Yuu was waiting for that to happen as he already had a story prepared.

"Yes, I came to look around this place because it is my parent's home country after I finished my duties," Yuu made up the story that he was born in the west, he wanted to see the country that his parents came from and visited Japan.

"Were there Demons in the west as well?" Kanae made the connection between Yuu's strength and him mentioning the words 'Duties', Him using the word 'Finished' also indicated that the demons were exterminated entirely.

Kanae thought so because Yuu was just as young as her and didn't have any problems fighting which could lead him to retire early. He was also fully healthy with no injuries or missing limbs that could force him into retirement.

So, Yuu finishing his duties could only mean that the demons in the west were fully dealt with.

"Yes," Yuu nodded confirming Kanae's thoughts.

"Then why didn't you have weapons to combat the demon?" Shinobu was distrustful unlike her older sister and fired a question.

Even though Shinobu didn't like Yuu she had to say that he was surely someone like her sister in the combat force that fought against the demons in the west.

So, even if he had finished his duties, he should still have his weapon but seeing how he used a katana of a demon slayer he knocked out made him suspicious.

"The demons here are different from the ones I used to fight, My weapons and poison do not work on them, so I had to borrow one," Yuu said flatly as Shinobu frowned deeply.

'I see, Tachibana-sama must've encountered one before which led to that conclusion, He must've stayed in that town after hearing the rumors of the missing people and started to gather information at the tea shop,' Kanae could see the pieces fit together now, she was actually shocked when her fingers touched Yuu hands on their first meeting.

Kanae could tell at that moment that the hand belonged to a person who had practiced swordsmanship or martial arts with diligence over the years.

"Why not just go and work at that tea shop from before? You have finished your duties, haven't you? I can even introduce you to some high-class tea shops down in the city," At this point Shinobu just wanted Yuu to just go away from here, she didn't like his presence one bit.

'Nee-sama is too nice, I need to get this ….scoundrel away from her,' Shinobu didn't like this one bit.

8