Chapter 05- Upgrade
399 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 05- Upgrade

After classes he headed to his football practice where he spent the entire afternoon in his extracurricular activities where he left late in the afternoon when the sun was almost setting on the horizon and the orange color glowed in the sky announcing the end of the day. and welcoming the dark veil of night.

With dusk in the background, Ben walked down the street heading towards his house in another attempt to not arrive home late and escape reprisal from his parents, but once again his plans were about to be frustrated because in his I walk the resounding sound of sirens blaring.

Before Ben's eyes a fleet of police vehicles passed him at maximum speed with extreme urgency which denotes that there are major problems happening in the city more precisely in the city center as it is in that direction that the police headed with great urgency.

“— oh, it looks like someone needs a kick in the ass, now I have to decide which one of you will join the party, let’s see I choose you, but don’t disappoint me”

Activating the omnitrix, the transformation occurred at an instantaneous speed without interruption, now the young human was replaced by a humanoid being with a green background with black lines spread across the body that resembled electronic circuits and on his face a single circle that was nothing less than his eye.

“— Upgrade, so this is a bunch of nanites that manipulates any form of technology and it comes along with several blueprints of super technological devices, now I'm completely multipurpose, how cool but now it's time for the hero”

With his new technology skills, Ben used his amorphous abilities and modified his form and took on a new appearance that resembled a futuristic motorcycle because instead of having wheels close to the ground there was a levitation device that made it float a few centimeters. from the ground and next to that jet turbines attached to the rear of the motorcycle and on the bodywork a kind of triple-layer plate armor.

“— Now let’s break it down”

Turning on his engines, Ben took off at a speed very low for his capabilities and followed in pursuit of the police vehicles high in the sky to discover the place where this big mess is happening.

With the speed at which Ben was running after the police officers, it didn't take long for them to arrive at the scene of the crime, where a financial bank was being invaded by a group of unknown individuals who totaled eight people wearing strange, robust greenish-colored suits that resembled high-quality armor. technology that covered the users' entire body from the tip of their toes to the top of their head.

“— But what's going on here?, criminals can now get high tech technology on some hidden black market out there?, hmm but they're out of luck because Upgrade can assimilate and control any type of technology so it's going to be an excellent debut ”

Ben in his ultra-technological flying motorcycle form could see several police cars surrounding the bank building on all sides with dozens of cars grouped in a circular manner around the place forming a triple barrier with the bodies of the vehicles.

With the scene before his eyes, Ben advanced at full speed towards the top of the building where, using his technomorphic powers, he was able to discover an entrance in the ceiling that was discovered through the natural optical scanner of his single circular eye, originating from his Galvanian mecamorphic physiognomy. , intending to enter the building through the newly found entrance, Ben changed his mechamorphic form into something apparently liquid like a black goo with green electronic circuits and in this fluid and shapeless form he flowed through the ventilation duct that was the respective uncovered entrance.

Passing through the narrow and cramped ventilation duct path he made his way through the pipes until he reached the main hall of the bank where he could see 8 people in their technological armor along with a total of sixteen hostages bound and gagged and huddled together facing the entrance door in full view of the police who surrounded the place.

“— Hostages, this can be complicated so I have to be smart so I don’t screw up and put the lives of the hostages at risk, so let’s hear what these idiots are saying”

With his techno-morphic abilities, Ben was able to generate a type of miniature satellite antenna with the nanites that make up his body and with this satellite antenna he tuned the radio frequency to hear what was said by criminals through the internal communicators of their armor.

“— Boss, we have to speed up our plans, this mess could attract the attention of the Justice League, even though these armors are powerful, I doubt they can stand up to Superman or Wonder Woman.”

“— I know that, but someone triggered the silent alarm which got us into this damn mess, but since the shit is already done we don't need to be subtle, so you other men go to the main vault and break down that pure steel door. ”

“— Let number five and number six follow me to the safe room and take the explosives with you.”

As Ben watched the robbers' actions unfold, he saw one of them heading towards the deepest part of the bank building accompanied by two other guys who were each carrying a bag containing the explosives that were mentioned.

“— Finally a chance, just hide and sneak behind one of them and take on his armor and take the opportunity to disguise myself and wait for the right moment to finish off these idiots”

Completely anonymous Ben followed his targets in a hidden manner as he slowly approached one of the men with the aim of assimilating and controlling his armor, like a mouse Ben crawled along the ground and followed the bandits' footsteps until he finally managed to reach the metal surface of the armor that one of them wore.

As planned, as soon as it was possible to gain access to their equipment, Upgrade began to make use of his Galvanian mechamorphic abilities, and infiltrated the armor's internal circuits and with his nanites and began to spread throughout all operating systems and mechanisms. mechanics, which begins to take control of the suit's technology for itself.

However, the high-tech armor did not adopt any noticeable external characteristics such as a dark surface with green lines that resembled electronic circuits, as Ben decided to limit himself to the suit's internal circuits in order to camouflage himself in the group of robbers who invaded the bank and As for the user of this suit, he is in an unconscious state due to an electroshock created by the Upgrade's powers.

With full command of the technological suit, Ben followed the path along with the other two criminals to their objective where he could find a huge, robust metallic door so big that it looked like a Babylonian gate of shiny steel with an impregnable appearance like a fortress.

“—Now assemble and prepare the explosives and then move away so you don't get caught in the explosion, as this will really make this building shake so be careful when handling these bombs”

With orders from the apparent leader, both Ben and the other guy who was also carrying the explosives in a bag approached the sturdy steel door and opened their respective bags and removed the objects in them that had the appearance of silver disks of fire. size of a Frisbee with a red core in the center.

With the explosives in hand, both Ben and the other man armed the bombs and made these explosives stick to the metal surface of the giant bank vault and began to emit a counting sound, and because of this everyone close to the possible explosion moved away. a safe distance and waited for the explosion, as minutes passed and no explosion occurred.

“— What the hell is this?, Intergang sold us second-hand toys, it has to be a joke, we spent an absurd amount of money on these equipment and they failed like this”

“— Oops, I think this is my fault because I was worried about these dangerous things lying around so I deactivated them”

"- What!"

Looking back at the leader of this group he saw a five meter giant that had a robotic body with a dark metal surface with green circuits covering the entire surface and on the face of this giant's head there was a green circle that flashed every time the voice he was heard.

“— There’s no need to make that sour face, I promise I’ll be gentle while I smash your faces”

18