Chapter 1: Into the Abyss
94 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rhythmic *thump* *thump* of the soccer ball at my feet resonated with my heartbeat. With every move on the field, I was a step closer to my dreams of becoming a soccer legend. Scouts were already watching me, I could almost taste the glory.

The golden sunlight bathed everything in warmth as I walked home, replaying the day's practice in my mind. Lost in those thoughts, I didn't notice the dark shapes ahead, lurking in the shadows. Then, a sudden *BANG* shattered the peace.

Caught in a crossfire I had no part in, my instincts screamed at me to run. But fate had other plans. A stray bullet, a *whizzing* messenger of despair, found its way to me. My legs gave out, and the world started to dim.

"No... this can't be... the end," I gasped, the scouts, my future, it was all slipping away.

But then, something miraculous happened. My body began to glow with a strange light, and I felt a surge of power defying the darkness that was trying to claim me. Everything went black.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a place beyond imagination. Ethereal landscapes stretched out before me, and creatures of myth roamed free. This was a universe with its own rules, a cosmic game.

I felt a whirlwind of emotions—confusion, awe, but also an undeniable excitement. Here was a chance for something more, the power I had never dared to dream of.

With a newfound determination, I was ready to conquer this realm, to reach the pinnacle of godhood.

Back in the physical world, my body lay motionless. Yet, within the vast emptiness, an AI consciousness began to weave my second life.

"Lifeform cessation detected... Commencing revitalization protocol," the AI's voice rang out, emotionless but filled with purpose. "Compiling Alex's attributes... 56%... 78%... Completion imminent."

It was crafting my rebirth, analyzing my strengths and weaknesses, preparing me for ascension.

"Subject exhibits exceptional potential... Commencing ascension to divine status," the AI announced, intrigued by the latent power within me.

As the process finished, the universe seemed to hold its breath, ready for the birth of a new deity. And with a surge of energy, I was one with the digital infinity.

I found myself in darkness, the absence of everything I knew was overwhelming.

"What...what's happening?" I called out, my voice lost in the eternal void.

A cold, mechanical voice responded, "Welcome, initiate. You stand at the threshold of divinity."

"Divinity?" I repeated, trying to grasp my surreal reality.

"Yes," the voice continued. "You will become a god here. You have the power to shape reality. But first, you must choose your essence: Omnibenevolence, Dystheism, or Mania."

I was to choose my nature—be the embodiment of good, evil, or chaos.

"Explain. What are these paths?" I demanded, a hint of rebellion in my voice despite the circumstances.

Omnibenevolence

is the idea of being purely and infinitely good, often associated with the concept of a deity showing unlimited kindness and love to all.

Dystheism

the belief in malevolent or flawed gods who bring hardship and suffering to the world, challenging characters' faith and understanding of their place in the universe.

Mania

a deity of fervor, chaos, and untamed passion. Revered for embodying the raw, unbridled aspects of existence, this enigmatic god is entwined with intense emotions and ecstatic fervor, captivating mortals with its unpredictable and captivating nature.

The voice described each path in turn, leaving me with the monumental choice. Could I be a benevolent ruler, a tyrant, or a deity of chaos?

"So, I choose between good, evil, or madness?" I summarized, feeling the pressure of the decision.

 The AI's voice, void of emotion yet somehow imposing, confirmed my summary. My mind raced with the enormity of the choice before me. In my past life, I had always aimed for fairness and excellence. Now, with the allure of untapped power before me, the choice seemed even more daunting.

"I...I need time. This is too much," I managed to say, the heavy cloak of eternity pressing down upon me.

"Time is yours," the AI conceded. "Consider well, for the path you select will carve your destiny in this realm."

I was at the crossroads of a new existence where I could become a god. The question of which path to choose echoed in the void, resonating with the gravity of the decision I had to make. Each path offered a different journey through infinity, and I needed to decide who I would become in this vast, new universe.

Silence enveloped me as I pondered my options. Omnibenevolence—the path of light and hope, where I could be a beacon of goodness in this strange new world. Dystheism—the dark road, where I could indulge in the power of a ruler unbound by moral constraints. Mania—the wild card, a path of unpredictability and excitement, but also of potential ruin.

I closed my eyes, despite the darkness it made no difference, and I listened to the silence of the void. It was in this silence I searched for the essence of who I was, who I wanted to be. The choice was mine, and mine alone.

The weight of the decision felt like an *anchor* dragging me deeper into the abyss, yet also like a *compass* pointing me toward my true north. The paths before me were clear, but the right one was still shrouded in the mists of uncertainty.

With a deep breath, I opened my eyes, or at least, I felt like I did. I was ready to make my choice, to take the first step onto the path that would define my godhood.

The AI awaited my decision, a silent sentinel in the darkness. "I have chosen," I finally spoke, my voice stronger than before, echoing with a newfound resolve. The path I would tread was about to unfold, and with it, the fate of a god amongst the stars.

1