Chapter 7: Nocturna’s Arrival: A Tempting Encounter with Darkness
54 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moon's pallid light cascaded through the room's solitary window, an eerie silence enveloping me as I forged the newest protector of Elysia. My heart thumped in my chest, a rhythm of anxiety and anticipation as I reached into the system's pocket, retrieving a vial of blood, a fragment of void's darkness, and a clump of my own swirling thoughts. The air tingled with potential as I mixed these elements, infusing them with a whisper of magic.

'Swish!' went the mixture, stirring into existence, energies crackling and dancing. The room, designed to dampen power, hummed with the force of creation, its vibrations unseen by the other guardians.

Out of the shadows arose a presence, sinister and alluring, as if the shadows themselves had taken form. There she stood, a being of ethereal beauty, skin pale as porcelain, eyes glinting like rubies cast into the abyss. Her hair, white as the driven snow, fell in waves over her shoulders, a stark contrast to the inky blackness from whence she emerged.

Her wings, a mesh of crimson and obsidian, unfolded with a 'flap,' revealing their majestic span. The air crackled with an electric 'zzzt' as she approached, step by seductive step.

"You summoned me, creator?" Her voice dripped with honeyed darkness, her gaze locking onto mine. "Or should I say, Daddy?" A smirk twisted her full lips, revealing the sharp promise of her fangs.

My pulse quickened, a bead of blood blossoming from my nose as I struggled to maintain composure. "I... uh... yes, I am your creator, Kaelic," I stammered, my fingers trembling as they wiped away the crimson.

In a blur of motion, 'whoosh,' she was before me, her breath a cool whisper on my skin. Her tongue, a velvet caress, lapped at my finger, eyes alight with hunger. "More?" she purred, the question wrapped in an intoxicating promise.

My brain fogged, hormones waging war within me. "I need to see what you're capable of," I managed to choke out, the words echoing 'echo, echo' in the silence.

A wicked grin spread across Nocturna's face, and with a flourish of her hand, 'swoosh,' she wielded my blood like a puppeteer, forming intricate patterns in the air.

Her curiosity piqued, she delved into my memories with a 'zap,' each recollection playing before her like a movie reel. But when she touched upon a door shrouded in darkness, a tempest of anger and pain, she hesitated.

The door swung open 'creak,' revealing my deepest agonies - the scorn of my parents, the derision of Sarah's father. Their voices rose in a cacophonous 'shriek,' echoing with disdain.

Fury erupted within me, a shadowy figure looming at my back. "Why did you do that?!" I roared, the walls seeming to shake with the force of my anger.

Her arousal piqued by my power, yet fear tinged her voice, "I'm sorry... I just..."

"ENOUGH!" I cut her off, the room vibrating with my command.

With a 'thud,' my fist met her stomach, my rage fueling the blow, her body ripping open with a gruesome 'schlick!' But before the horror could fully register, 'whoosh,' her flesh knitted back together, her regeneration a sight of macabre beauty.

Her laughter, a blend of menace and allure, filled the room. "Strong, Daddy," she cooed, "Will you punish me more?"

Guilt gnawed at me as I took in her twisted delight, her invasion of my memories still raw. "I'm sorry," I whispered, the words a mere wisp of sound. "I... didn't want you... to do that. Don't ever try again."

She pouted, a 'hmph' escaping her lips, "No fun... But alright, I'll listen—this time."

The tension in the room thickened, a palpable 'buzz' of unspoken challenge. I extended my hand, offering her a droplet of my blood, a lifeline that would sustain her. "You don't need it, but this will make you stronger." Her power swelled, 'vrrr,' matching that of the other guardians.

The AI system, ignorant of the drama, chimed in with a 'ping.' "Name the new guardian," it prompted.

"Nocturna," I breathed out, respect for her formidable nature tempering my voice.

She snickered, a soft 'chuckle' at her new name. "Clever. But it suits me," she declared, her chest rising with pride.

I hesitated before issuing my final command, "You cannot fight the other guardians here." Her response was a low, dangerous 'growl,' her disappointment palpable.

Her proximity was intoxicating, her breath a caress against my skin. "I'll find other amusements," she whispered, her lips brushing mine in a fleeting 'kiss.'

With a 'whoosh,' the transport whisked her away, leaving me alone in the chamber, my heart pounding in the silence. Intrigued and unnerved, I couldn't deny my curiosity about Nocturna. What chaos would she bring? What darkness had I unleashed?

As the echo of her departure faded, I stood there, a creator ensnared by his own creation.

1