Chapter 1: A peculiar goddess
610 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-What does it mean to live?

Ye continued to think about this question for a while, in fact, he had been thinking about it since he stopped being a student to enter the working life.

There was really no reason for Ye to continue working in a junk company where every working day was filled with sighing, anger, and a bunch of idiots he called "co-workers".

Despite all this, Ye had a dream since he started working, and that dream is to retire, even though he is thirty years old, his dream since he was twenty years old was always to retire, to tell his decrepit asshole boss "I quit!".

But he never did, either because he will need the job, or because of the uncertainty of being jobless and not being able to find a new one, or because of the mild anxiety that bathes his days like the cold rain that comes without warning.

And in the end, at thirty, Ye was finally able to quit.

A slight smile paints Ye's face as he slowly walks, as he thinks about how comforting it would be to finally say "I quit."

Now, And as Ye stands motionless on the edge of the top of the tallest building in his city, Ye can finally sigh and let go of the burden that has tormented him for a decade.

-I quit...

Ye murmurs lightly , but there is no one close to him who can hear his resignation.

Ye sighs in relief, with the simple inhale and exhale, Ye can feel the heavy years in which he had to work tirelessly like a robot, escape from his mouth.

Ye takes a step forward, leaping into the void as he has a smiling, unhinged look on his face.

Ye, with a plain face, worn appearance, dark circles under his eyes and a long hair, wakes up in the middle of an empty space, or at least, that's what it should be if it weren't for a beautiful teenage girl who watches Ye curiously.

Ye opens his eyes slightly, in his face it can notice the vestiges of a face that was once attractive, but, that with the passing of the years became old and neglected.

-Mr. Ye...

The beautiful teenager speaks in a slight gentle and sweet voice, the teenager's voice is similar to that of a loving mother.

Ye's eyes become slightly bright, a somewhat touching emotion passes through his heart, making Ye can't help but swallow saliva as he listens to that lovely voice.

-Mr. Ye, indeed, you are dead.

Ye, who hears that voice again, can't help but shudder, the voice has a strange feeling that makes Ye remember the old days with his mother.

But, after the first few seconds, Ye blinks, his eyes open again as Ye himself simply breathes as if encouraging himself.

Ye stands up and gets to his feet, his eyes wandering around the surroundings for a moment until he notices the direction of the voice.

Ye had seen beautiful women on the internet, and even the images of perfect women with flawless skin and a face carved by the angels made by artificial intelligence, but, the woman in front of Ye is simply on another level as far as beauty is concerned.

A blue hair that down like a waterfall, a delicate and bright face with two enchanting eyes, natural pink lips and a motherly smile that can cradle a man's heart with just her presence.

The teenager wears a blue dress with lace, the little dress clings to the teenager's perfect figure, almost looking like paint on the skin and letting one appreciate her lovely figure.

Two slender and delicate arms, and below, two thick thighs that look lovely, finishing with two long blue boots.

-Aqua?

Ye couldn't help but wonder somewhat aloud while looking at the water goddess, although for Ye, it would be more appropriate to call her a goddess of beauty.

-Exactly, Mr. Ye, you've finally awakened....

Aqua speaks with a charming and cheerful voice to finally pause slightly, she takes out a piece of paper from a kind of space pocket and begins to read the letters written on that piece of paper.

-Suicide?

Aqua wonders somewhat aloud and then looks at Ye with eyes somewhat filled with various mixed feelings.

-Did you committed suicide?.... Hmph, Mr. Ye, in fact, did you commit suicide....

Aqua speaks while having a thoughtful look.

At this, Ye says nothing, he simply sits on what seems to be the floor and begins to ponder.

-Mr. Ye, life is beautiful.

Ye raises an eyebrow at Aqua's sudden words.

-Life is beautiful, it's true, although you're missing to add something to that sentence, Miss aqua, let me do it for you, Life is beautiful!.... Yes, but only when you have money.

He smiles at the end of his sentence, in fact Ye is a little surprised by this development of events.

Did he end up meeting the goddess Aqua from an anime he watched after he committed suicide?

If he had known this, Ye swears he would have committed suicide quite some time ago, and saved himself the whole show of having to strive for a life that wasn't worth living.

Ye looks at Aqua with a slight smile.

In fact, Aqua is not interested in what a person like Ye does, she just wanted to look like a goddess in front of Ye, and that was why she said those words.

-Then, Mr. Ye, What do you think about transmigration?

At Aqua's sudden question, Ye smiles and raises a thumb in Aqua's direction.

-Miss Aqua, please count on me.

Ye's sudden response makes Aqua smile as she looks at Ye with approval in her eyes.

-Indeed Mr. Ye, you are a confident man who knows what you want, so,

How about choosing one of these talents?, you can go to another world with your memories and a skill, manage to defeat the demon king and receive a wish as a reward.

Aqua says calmly as she grabs a small stack of sheets of paper and passes them to Ye.

-hmph.

Ye starts to think as he looks at the stack of paper in his hands.

16