Encounter with the Red Specter
5 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fair-skinned, delicate fingers—clearly the hand of a woman.

A cold sweat slid from my forehead to my chin. Stiffening, I turned my head from the phone screen to the door.

If my eyes couldn't see anything, it meant the owner of that hand wasn't human.

My heart felt like it was about to leap out of my chest. Moving my gaze bit by bit, just as I was about to see the door, another unexpected incident occurred.

The door suddenly swung open, a strong cold wind rushed in, forcing me to step back, unable to open my eyes.

The strange wind vanished in an instant. When I stood firm again and aimed the phone at the door, all I could see were the open door and an empty corridor.

Chilly silence filled the room. "Just now when the door opened, it seemed like a red figure flashed by. Did anyone else see it?"

"I didn't see it clearly. The camera was shaking too much, and the anchor's hands were too unsteady. It seems a bit fake!"

"Is the anchor's battle with the female ghost sister about to begin? I'm a bit excited thinking about it! Anchor, please start your performance."

"Hey, don't you guys feel something eerie? Eerie? Based on what I've seen so far, the best actor is that light bulb."

Bullet comments from the water friends flashed on the eerie screen. Some of them saw the red figure, suggesting that whatever was outside might have entered. I couldn't afford to be reckless.

However, after rotating the phone in the room, the anticipated horror scene did not appear. Instead, Red Sister was nowhere to be seen. Only the messy bedding remained.

Did she run out of the room in fear? But I didn't hear any footsteps!

With suspicion, I felt my brain unable to think clearly. Once again, I turned the phone, searching every corner of the room.

Finally, on the bathroom's glass door, I found a blurry figure.

"Red Sister?"

Carefully approaching the bathroom, away from the wall, the cold emptiness of my back was chilling. It felt as if something might emerge from behind.

"Red Sister?"

Finally reaching the bathroom's side, I quickly leaned against the wall, softly calling inside.

The blurry figure moved slightly but didn't respond.

The cold light from the phone revealed a faint silhouette on the glass door. "Red Sister?"

Carefully approaching, I quickly leaned against the wall, calling softly.

The blurry figure moved, this time raising its hand towards its neck, holding something sharp.

A knife?

Images of a slashed throat flashed in my mind.

My heart tightened suddenly. Without time to think, I kicked the glass door of the bathroom.

With a clang, the cheap glass door slammed against the wall, shattering, scattering everywhere.

In the narrow bathroom, Red Sister, with disheveled black hair, was holding a fruit knife, slashing towards her fair throat.

"Red Sister, stop!"

I rushed in, grabbing Red Sister's wrist.

Her body was as cold as ice. She turned her head coldly, her eyes white, filled with resentment. Then she shook her hand, and my body slammed into the hard wall.

My head buzzed, and a sharp pain shot through my back. I was horrified.

Where did she get such strength?

Her state was obviously abnormal. Was she possessed?!

Red Sister raised the knife again, slashing towards her own throat.

No time to think, I quickly reached into my pocket and took out the greasy talisman.

Under the faint cold light, Red Sister, with a demonic look, approached with the knife. The eerie red dress contrasted sharply with her pale face, like a fierce ghost.

Gasping for breath, I held the talisman, my hand trembling slightly.

Hope Wang Lame could be reliable this time!

Red Sister suddenly raised the knife.

At the same time, I acted.

Crack!
The sharp blade hovered at my nose.

I pressed the talisman against Red Sister's forehead.

The knife didn't pierce through. After a moment of stiffness, Red Sister seemed to split apart, and a red figure swiftly ran out of the room.

The knife clanged onto the floor, and Red Sister's body slumped down.

Success?
I stared at Red Sister in disbelief. Picking up the knife and holding it cautiously, I waited for a while. Confirming she showed no signs of going berserk again, I placed her on the bed.

The red dress tore during the struggle, revealing large patches of fair skin. I covered her body with a blanket.

I sat on the edge of the bed, feeling drained. Cold sweat had soaked my back, and my clothes clung ice-cold to my body.

Looking at the now blackened talisman, I shuddered, realizing the close call. The talisman worked, indirectly confirming that something was wrong with Red Sister.

It seemed like she was controlled by something, acting involuntarily in a terrifying manner.

"Can someone tell me what just happened?"

"Anchor and the beautiful female ghost in close combat, judging by the profuse sweating, it was an intense battle!"

"Why did we only hear the anchor's screams throughout the process, not the sister's voice?"

"Sister's appearance just now was so scary. Successfully scared me! Crazy applause for Sister's acting skills!"

"If this is a performance, it's too realistic! What was the red figure that flew away from Sister just now? It doesn't look like a cheap special effect!"

The live stream recorded the entire process, but the water friends remained skeptical, thinking it was a pre-arranged act. Looking at their unserious bullet comments, I chuckled.

It was normal. If I hadn't experienced it firsthand, I would find it hard to believe too.

"Water friends, I can't guarantee that ghosts exist in this world since I haven't seen them myself. However, the strange experience just now indicates that there are indeed terrifying unknown entities. I earnestly tell you this."

"Scoff, these old sayings again!"

"Anchor, you must be a fraud, doing all this just to sell some exorcism talismans, right?"

"Upstairs, nice imagination! Anchor's routines are getting old!"

"I've traveled the longest road to witness the anchor's routine!"

With some banter with the water friends, my mood eased a bit, and I regained some strength. I closed the room door again.

Though the lock seemed useless, whoever wanted to come in would come in, but closing the door did provide a sense of security compared to staring into the dark void outside.

The room was no longer as cold. It seemed that with the departure of the red figure, the chilling air also dissipated.

Red Sister, now lacking color in her face, breathed steadily. She seemed unharmed and probably just fainted.

Slightly relieved, I turned my attention back to the door.

That ghostly thing wouldn't come back, would it?

With only one talisman, I couldn't afford another round of this."

2