Awakening Sight
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the ancient book, the pages that were originally filled with complex ancient characters written with a brush are now blank, leaving only thin, yellowed sheets.

Standing in place, I still find it somewhat unbelievable, recalling the magical process just now.

As if the ancient text that entered my skin like a revived entity turned into strands of warm airflow, rising along the meridians, finally converging at my eyes.

My eyes sting as if something covering my vision is slowly dissipating. This process seems to have lasted a long time, yet also feels like just a short second.

My vision improves, and my gaze becomes clear; the whole world has never been so vivid!

Is this the feeling of opening the Heavenly Eye?

This mysterious sensation can only be appreciated and not expressed in words.

Excited, like a child getting a rare toy and wanting to play with it, I can't wait to experience the magic of this Heavenly Eye Observation Technique.

Pulling up the curtain door, facing the bright sunlight, I silently recite the mantra in my heart and open my eyes to observe the passersby.

Concentrating, looking around, a faint gas appears on the hurried pedestrians, slowly emerging.

The majority of people carry the most common white Qi

Plain and ordinary, neither good nor bad, just like their lives, a drop in the vast sea of humanity.

No one is particularly special, and some even have a grayish tint in their white Qi, also known as an ominous Qi, indicating that they might have bad luck shortly.

Thinking about it, people living in the urban village, what dignitaries could they be?

Observing for less than five minutes, my head becomes dizzy, and my eyes start to ache.

Using the Heavenly Eye is extremely energy-consuming; this is only my first attempt, belonging to the novice stage. The time spent using the Heavenly Eye is relatively short, and constant practice is needed for improvement.

Fortunately, with the absorption of those ancient characters, the method of practice is engraved in my mind as if carved, without the need to spend energy memorizing.

The ready-made ladder is already set up; I just need to climb up step by step.

Although I'm just getting started, these short five minutes are enough for me to see a person's Qi. Reading a person's fortune or misfortune is a piece of cake, not to mention that the ability will become stronger after further practice.

Having a rare and lost secret technique, I am once again shocked by the abilities of the Strange Tales Broadcasting Room, without a hint of doubt.

With this secret technique, at least I won't have to worry about food in the future.

Feeling a bit comforted, I'm about to retract my gaze when I catch sight of someone seemingly surrounded by black energy.

Black energy is a sign of great danger! I'm surprised, wanting to see the specific situation, but my eyes have reached their limit, and in pain, I have to close them to ease the discomfort.

Just having a person with black energy indicates an incurable disease or a sign of disasters like imprisonment or bloodshed. Moreover, being surrounded by black energy, this might already be a half-step into the gates of hell.

However, when I open my eyes to look in that direction again, on the chaotic street, all the Qi on the pedestrians have disappeared, leaving only a familiar figure limping towards me.

"Hey, kid, you're standing at the door grinning. It seems your mood is good, and you must have safely passed that calamity. But why are the corners of your eyes turning red, looking like a sign of kidney deficiency?" Wang Lame, carrying a ragged bundle containing all his street vendor belongings, smiles while speaking, but his words are far from polite.

The red corners of my eyes are due to using the Heavenly Eye Observation Technique for the first time, something he can't possibly connect.

"Old Wang, where have you been these past two days? I observed that you have black energy around you, which is a sign of great danger!" I menacingly say.

"What are you talking about?" Wang Lame's face changes drastically. He takes two steps back, holding onto his ragged bundle, looking at me as if facing a formidable enemy, and solemnly says three words.

"I'm broke!"

Dressed in a cheap Tang suit and black cloth shoes bought from a street stall, with messy hair, a sallow complexion, just slightly better than a beggar, he almost writes "broke" all over himself.

If it weren't for the town spirit talisman working, based on his dignified appearance, I wouldn't believe he could be an extraordinary person.

"I have something important to find you for." Unable to resist rolling my eyes at him, I put aside the playful thoughts and bring him into the shop.

The next live broadcast is in seven days, and I need talismans for protection. The last one saved my life, so the more, the better.

"The town spirit talisman you gave me last time, do you have any more?"

"You've already safely passed through the great disaster; why do you need the talisman?" Wang Lame looks surprised.

"You see for yourself." I take out the blackened town spirit talisman.

"What kind of monstrous creature did you encounter?" Seeing the burnt edges of the talisman, Wang Lame is shocked and directly bursts out with expletives.

"This town spirit talisman comes from the hands of experts. Ordinary evil spirits wouldn't dare to approach. Now it's completely ineffective!"

Is there something so fierce in the buns shop?

I'm also shocked. Last night was perilous, and I thought it was just an ordinary evil spirit. Now, hearing Wang Lame's words, I suddenly feel a wave of aftershocks.

"I don't know what it is, but I might encounter even more dangerous things in the future, so I need more town spirit talismans."

"Do you think this is a cheap fake from a street stall that's not worth much? How can there be so many?" Wang Lame shakes his head.

"You're a street vendor yourself!" I'm both speechless and disappointed.

But it's true; if Wang Lame had so many talismans, how could he end up in such a sorry state?

"That's different! The old man is experiencing all the hardships of the mortal world, undergoing trials to temper his heart. You wouldn't understand." Wang Lame squints at me. "By the way, kid, what trouble have you gotten into?"

"Stop asking about that. Aside from town spirit talismans, do you have anything else to ward off evil, like a peach wood sword or a Bagua mirror? The key is that they have to be effective!" I can't reveal the matters of the Strange Tales Broadcasting Room to him.

"If you encounter a more formidable evil creature, those ordinary items won't work. Even the town spirit talisman is powerless now." Wang Lame waves his hand, then shifts the conversation, "But, money can make the devil turn millstones. As long as you have enough funds, what can't you buy? However, regardless of success or failure, you must treat me to a meal!"

I've been dealing with Wang Lame for nearly two years; he has indeed only scammed meals and drinks, never money.

"Eating is no problem, but you don't know how much money I have." Unfortunately, my funds are limited, with just over a hundred yuan left. Even if Wang Lame can find something good for me, I won't be able to afford it.

"Can you offer credit?" I weakly ask.

Wang Lame stares, "Of course not! Do you think everyone is like me, carrying a compassionate heart? Taking risks and bringing things down the mountain, all for the sake of wealth!"

"Fine." I nod helplessly.

It seems I need to quickly use the Heavenly Eye Observation Technique to earn my first bucket of gold.

0