getting weirder and weirder
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My body stiffened, and I stood there in a daze.

Could it be that the middle-aged woman didn't deceive me? But in that house, there were signs everywhere of people having lived there.

What on earth is going on?

I was completely confused.

"Why are you still standing there? Do you want me to kick you out?" The security guard waved me away with a fierce and evil look, as if shooing away a fly.

"I'm leaving now." Coming back to my senses, I left the residential area quickly.

Finding my electric scooter, I looked back.

The arrangement of the buildings in Yunhui Yayuan was strangely irregular, and even in the sunlight, the entire neighborhood seemed gloomy.

A strange neighborhood, strange people.

This trip not only failed to solve my questions but brought more mysteries, and things seemed to be heading in a bizarre direction.

Suppressing my doubts, I hurried back to the city village.

At first glance, I saw Wang Lame standing with a crutch at the entrance of my shop, looking impatient.

"You finally came back!"

"Why are you in such a hurry to find me?"

"The spiritual symbols have a clue now. Hey, why do you look pale and unlucky? Usually, one would look like this only after spending the night in a very yin place. Did you sleep in a graveyard last night?" Wang Lame frowned, scrutinizing me.

Staying at Red Sister's place for a night is equivalent to sleeping in a graveyard?!

What's really in that house?

"Don't ask, I don't want it either." I rubbed my temples in pain, opened the rolling door, and pushed my electric scooter into the shop.

"Let's talk about the spiritual symbols. What's the situation?"

"I found something good for you, with effects comparable to the spirit-sealing talisman I gave you last time."

"How much?"

"At least this much." Wang Lame extended his hand and gestured twice.

"998? That's expensive!"

"Expensive? This price is cheap for you. It's a set of mid-range talismans. Though not as good as what the benefactor gave you, it's expensive because it's a set. There are three in total: one for good fortune and avoiding disaster, one for calming the mind and soothing the spirit, and one for warding off evil."

"998, you can't go wrong with this, and you won't be fooled!" Wang Lame shook his head.

"Can you give me a few more days?"

I didn't expect Wang Lame to find a clue so quickly. After resting the entire day yesterday and visiting Red Sister at night, I hadn't found time to open the shop.

"It's been a whole day, and you haven't earned any money. Your business is really bleak." Wang Lame clicked his tongue.

I gave him a sarcastic look. "Sounds like your business is better than mine."

"Good things wait for no one. Master Dao only comes down from the mountain once a month. If you can't come up with the money before the sun sets today, someone else might buy it! Hurry up and think of a solution; I'll wait for you at the usual place. But looking at your gloomy appearance, you're in for bad luck. Making money seems hopeless! I'm doing you a favor by suggesting a way to ward off bad luck."

"What is it?"

"Drink more hot water!"

Wang Lame limped away.

Although I seriously doubted his reliability, I still poured myself two cups of hot water.

Then I ate something hastily and sat in the shop, waiting for customers.

I was extremely tired, unable to resist falling asleep.

When I woke up, a considerable amount of time had passed, and there were less than two hours until sunset.

The shop door was wide open, and there hadn't been a single customer in all this time.

Sitting idly was useless, so I decided to wash my face with hot water and go outside to walk around, trying my luck.

Changed into fresh clothes, I pulled down the rolling door and walked in the direction outside the city village.

People living here weren't wealthy, and not many would be willing to spend a thousand yuan for fortune-telling. I walked and observed, not using the divine eye technique but reading people's expressions.

The use of the divine eye technique was too short, and I had to save it for when I had a target. The target was people with distressed expressions.

Only when someone was experiencing setbacks and felt lost and helpless in life would they seek guidance from the outside. If they were full of confidence with a promising future, why bother with fortune-telling?

Walking out of the city village, near the intersection, I accidentally bumped into someone.

After apologizing, I continued walking.

"At the Mao hour and three quarters, a person in white clothes. It's really accurate!" The person hurriedly caught up from behind. "Hey, wait, don't go!"

"Haven't I apologized already?" I stopped in annoyance, turning to look at him.

A middle-aged man in his forties, slightly chubby with a bald head, had an ordinary face. However, his ears were wide, and his lips were slightly thick, giving him a honest appearance. He didn't seem like someone who would haggle over small matters.

"Sir, may I ask if there's a 'wood' character in your name?" Sure enough, after catching up, the middle-aged man was very polite, but his eyes still held a hint of suspicion.

"My surname is Li, do you know me?" I looked at him in confusion.

"You've hit the mark, completely hit the mark!" The middle-aged man showed joy and excitement. "I never expected to find my lifesaving benefactor. Heaven has not abandoned me!"

Normally, shouldn't he be saying that I had a bloody disaster with my forehead turning black? How come he was calling me a lifesaving benefactor?

Wang Lame said I carried bad luck. Could it be that I encountered some new type of scam?

I retreated a couple of steps warily.

"Mr. Li, please save my life!" The middle-aged man approached and bowed deeply.

"What life-saving favor are you talking about?" I furrowed my brow.

"Sorry, I didn't explain it properly. My recent troubles are quite serious, and my life is in danger. I consulted a high-level expert, and he said that if, at the Mao hour and three quarters today, at the southeast crossroads, I encounter a person wearing white clothes with the character 'wood' in their name, that person would be my lifesaving benefactor."

"I'm afraid you've got the wrong person! Please step aside!" I increasingly felt that he was a scammer. He could easily mention the time and place based on encountering me, and I didn't want to deal with him anymore, planning to leave.

"Mr. Li, I know I seem like a scammer! But I, Han Wenshan, swear to the heavens that I am not deceiving you! The high-level expert said only you can save me!"

"As long as you're willing to help, I will definitely not treat you unfairly!"

The middle-aged man blocked my way and refused to let me leave.

This didn't seem like a typical scam. Listening to him didn't feel like dealing with a crude person either. Moreover, his hand was cold, not the temperature of a normal person.

I stopped and took a closer look at the middle-aged man.

Unexpectedly, he did have a problem. I hadn't paid attention earlier, but now I noticed that his complexion was gloomy and lifeless, and his gaze was vacant.

Reciting the mantra silently, I activated the divine eye and took a closer look. I was shocked.

This person was surrounded by black energy!

Could it be the same person I saw yesterday?

"Who is this high-level expert? Why did he determine that I can save you?"

"The expert's surname is Wang, and he has a disability in one leg. He sets up a stall nearby. If you don't believe me, I can take you to ask him."

Surname Wang? Disability in one leg?!

I widened my eyes, my expression becoming extremely incredulous.

Wang Lame!

1