Chapter 10: Blissfully Unaware
45 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hours of video game playing, Lee suggested they take a break and watch at least one movie while they had the time, since it was still a school night. 

The two of them settled down in front of a cheesy looking action flick neither of them had seen before. 

Lee tucked himself cozily under a blanket and held out the side for Thomas to join him if he wanted. The president immediately curled up right against Lee, seemingly determined to make sure there was absolutely no space between them. 

‘I would’ve never thought Thomas was such a cuddly person,’ Lee mused as he tried to focus on the film, his body tense as he struggled not to react. He was extremely sensitive to having the full weight of another person upon him.

He wouldn’t call it unpleasant, per se, but it would take some getting used to. Perhaps some extra exposure therapy would help? Since Thomas was comfortable initiating the contact, it ought to be fine for Lee to reciprocate, right?

He carefully shifted his hand out from where it had been resting in his lap to capture Thomas' limp fingers. The redhead twitched subtly at the unexpected touch, but when Lee gave his hand a small squeeze, the President reciprocated by firmly grasping back.

(+10%) [Affection 50%] 

Relieved, Lee let his body sag bonelessly into the pillows behind him, finally comfortable enough to focus completely on the movie. 

 

******

 

He wasn’t aware of when he fell asleep, but the next thing Lee knew he was being roused by Thomas gently tapping him on the cheek. He had dozed off on the President's shoulder.

“Mmn?” Lee hummed tiredly, not fully cognizant. 

He heard a distant murmur of, “It’s getting late. I’ve gotta get back to my room.”

‘Thomas is leaving? I don’t want him to go...’ Lee thought mournfully. “You can stay here,” he mumbled, his eyes only half open as he looked at the redhead beseechingly. “You can borrow my clothes to sleep in.”

When there was no immediate reply, Lee’s mind slowly started to drift off again. He was seconds away from falling back to sleep when he felt a hand brush aside his disheveled bangs from his forehead. 

He heard Thomas mutter, “Why are you like this?” 

Following that, the President leaned away to crawl off the bed. Without another body to hold him up, Lee flopped down gracelessly onto his side. He made to snuggle deeper into his blanket, but Thomas took hold of his wrist and dragged him right to his feet.

“Don’t fall asleep yet,” The President insisted. “You need to show me what clothes I can wear because I’m not searching through your disaster of a closet.” 

Lee grumbled incoherently, but obediently shuffled over to pick out sleepwear for them both. He tossed a clean shirt and some shorts over his head toward Thomas, not checking to see if the other boy caught them. 

Eager to return to his bed, Lee grasped the bottom of his uniform shirt and pulled it over his head as quickly as possible. He dumped it on the floor before carelessly dropping his pants and kicking them off to the side too. 

There was a sharp intake of breath behind him.

(+3%) [Affection 53%] 

Perhaps if he wasn’t still half asleep, Lee would’ve been more heedful of the fact he was basically stripping in front of the boy he was technically still on a date with. 

As it was, Lee was much too tired to care as he slipped into some cozy sweats and an oversized T-shirt. When he turned back around he found Thomas standing frozen, holding the outfit he’d been given in front of his face like a shield. 

“You gonna change, Thomas?” Lee inquired in drowsy innocence, walking right past the other boy to reach his bed. The President slowly lowered the clothes with caution and scowled in his direction.

There were still some unopened snacks on the bed, so Lee gathered them all up and dumped them haphazardly on his desk. He then tossed his pillows back into place, pulled back the sheets, and flopped face first onto the mattress. 

He listened as Thomas speedily changed into his borrowed clothes. The redhead placed his folded up uniform in the desk chair along with his glasses and then turned off Lee’s monitor.

With the room plunged into darkness, Thomas cautiously clambered over Lee’s body to lie down next to him.

Lee tiredly pulled his face out of his pillow and turned his body toward Thomas. He really wanted to regain the peaceful and comforting feeling he’d had before he dozed off during the movie, and there was only one way he knew of to achieve it.

Unable to see at all, Lee felt around blindly in the redhead’s direction. 

Lee,” Thomas hissed in response to having a hand suddenly start smacking him in the face. He grabbed the offending wrist to stop the attack.

That was the end result Lee had been aiming for. He slipped his hand down into Thomas’ palm and gave it a squeeze, relaxing into the warmth of his bed as he sank into the blissful easement of unconsciousness. 

Thomas was left alone with only the sound of Lee’s slow breathing, which grew heavier as he drifted deeper and deeper into sleep. 

While gently gripping the slack fingers in his hand, Thomas turned onto his back and stared up at a ceiling he couldn’t see.

“What the hell am I doing,” he whispered into the dark nothingness that surrounded him.  

(+5%) [Affection 58%] 

(+1) [❤️❤️❤️🖤] (3/4)

3