Who Am I?
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl slowly opened her eyes, it took her a couple of time before she stood up to observe her surrounding.

The brown door was slightly ajar, making a peak of light filter through the ramshackled building, they were large piece of plank hanging down the ceiling, the wall was filled with holes and the floor was rough.

After looking around the room for quite some time, the girl looked down to observe herself.

'Who am I? Where am I? Where's this place?' these were the questions burning her mind that moment. 'How did I get here? What happened?'

She looked at her hands, they were small and white, she could feel the tips of her lengthy hair touching her tiny waist.

The girl looked at her feet, it was just also small and white, the hem of her white dress touching her ankle.

'Where do I come from? How did I get here? Who am I?'

She never knew how it felt to be herself, she couldn't tell who she was.

Things were just vague.

She only remembered one thing, she was alone in a dark place with her eyes closed before she suddenly met herself in this ugly building.

Not knowing what to do, she gently walked outside and pushed the door open.

The sunlight almost blinded her eyes, she blinked on a countless numbers of time before she stepped her feet on something soft.

She looked down and discovered that it was brown, they were green grasses around, tall trees with large brown trunks and above her was something blue with white cotton-like objects moving slowly.

The girl could hear noises from a distance, she couldn't understand why she was hearing that and where the noises were coming from.

Apart from noise, she could hear drum beats, the sound of the zither and other things she knew nothing about.

She slowly walked around, the green grasses tickling her feet. Even if everything was weird she still liked how it feels to be seeing some other colors apart from black.

A small smile litted up her confused face as she sighted a small shiny lake flowing to only heaven knows where.

Her smile grew broader and she didn't notice when some colorful butterflies surrounded and started flying around her.

Some perched on her silky hair while others perched on her shoulder, it was a really beautiful scene.

She knew not how she got here but she liked it, it feels like heaven.

The girl was probably between fifteen to sixteen years old, she looked like she had fell out of heaven, she had pretty plump pink lips and a cute face making her look like an angel.

She had an average height and beautiful set of white teeth.

As she continued to admire the beauty around her, she didn't notice when a group of people came towards her.

"Hey who are you?" A gruff masculine voice snapped as he pulled out his sword.

The girl turned back in fright and was stunned to see the numbers of people who were looking at her with fire burning on their faces.

She didn't speak, she had an expressionless look on her face.

The butterflies suddenly disappeared, and the magical and beautiful scenery vanished.

"Is she mute?" Questioned a young woman in a long green dress.

"Are you from this city? Who are you?" A man asked impatiently. "Are you an intruder?"

She still didn't speak, not knowing what to say or how to react.

This was the first time she was seeing someone who looked just like she was.

Two legs, two hands and they stood erect as well.

Those people grew impatient, "If you don't speak, we shall drag you to the city and kill you!"

Her lips moved, but no words came out, she only placed both of her hands together and looked at them timidly, as if saying 'Please I beg you'.

They laughed.

The woman among them walked towards her and looked at her from head to toe.

Extremely beautiful.

"You're still young" she remarked. "I don't think you're up to sixteen years old

 Why did you leave your home?" 

She didn't say anything, and only lowered her head to avoid looking at the woman's burning eyes. 

'What should I say?'

"If you don't speak, I'll get you beheaded in the street you she-devil!" A man threatened. "Do you think your beauty can deceive us?" He furthered.

"I.. I'm sorry young sir, I have nowhere to go" she finally spoke in a low and calm voice.

'Even her voice is so pretty' the woman thought within her.

"Hmph!" They scoffed.

"You're just an intruder, I don't know how you get here, just get out or we'll get you killed!"

"P.. please I.."

"Shut up! Go away, we don't trust you" the woman who was obviously envious of the young girl's beauty spat in hatred.

"Perhaps we should get a soldier to report her to the Emperor" a man suggested.

The Emperor?

One of them nervously laughed. "No no, let's not bother him" he then looked at the young girl and said in hatred. "Leave before today ends"

"If we meet you here tomorrow, we shall get your small head cut off" the woman threatened and walked away with others.

The young girl quickly ran inside the building and closed the door, she sat down with her eyes glued to the floor.

She didn't know when a tear fell off her eyes as she asked herself. 'Who am I?'

2