10. [SCP:9602-2]
1.2k 9 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For those who don’t know, SCP-682 is basically a monstrous reptile with deadpool like regeneration abilities. It’s called the [Hard-to-Destroy-Reptile] and basically causes rampages and kills everything it sees.
 
Warning: The first part of the chapter is essentially a flashback written in SCP report style. Sorry if you find this boring…
 
***
Third Person PoV:
 
Incident Report - [REDACTED]
 
Date: [REDACTED]
Location: Site-[REDACTED]
 
Event Summary:
 
On [REDACTED], a sudden surge in anomalous energy readings was detected within the containment chamber of SCP-9602. Monitoring systems reported a significant departure from the entity's usual dormant state, triggering immediate alert protocols.
 
Initial scans revealed a disturbance in the metaphysical fabric within SCP-9602's containment, leading to heightened security measures. It was during this period that SCP-9602, began to display erratic behaviour.
 
Approximately [REDACTED] hours after the initial disturbance, SCP-9602 seem to have undergone a transformative awakening as indicated by change in eye colour.
 
SCP-9602 featured heterochromia with one eye aglow in a deep crimson hue, that had been previously recorded in the entity’s unconscious state, and the other in an abyssal black, mirroring the appearance of the abyss itself.
 
SCP-9602’s awakening was marked by a sudden and violent burst of energy, causing an immediate [REDACTED] event within Site-[REDACTED]. Foundation personnel in the vicinity reported overwhelming feelings of dread and hallucinations of indescribable landscapes.
 
In a state of heightened aggression, SCP-9602 unleashed [REDACTED] manifestations, instigating widespread panic.
 
A large number of agents, D-class personnel and more in and around the contact zone were transformed into monstrous aberrations with uncountable limbs, tendrils and eyes. These monstrous aberrations also seemed to now display certain qualities akin to SCP-9602, albeit to a lesser degree.
 
Henceforth, these monstrous aberrations will be classified under the collective term [SCP:9602-2] and will be subjected to experimentation and containment.
 
During this rampage, SCP-9602 exhibited a particular interest in the SCP’s contained within Site-[REDACTED]. SCP-9602 effortlessly bypassed containment protocols, successfully releasing several SCP’s of varying classifications.
 
The ensuing chaos prompted a site-wide lockdown, and MTF (Mobile Task Forces) units were mobilized to quell the disturbances.
 
The Foundation personnel on-site reported difficulty in predicting SCP-9602 's movements, as her supposed reality-warping abilities allowed her to navigate through secured areas with ease.
 
It is hard to classify these supernatural abilities as reality-warping as the Scranton Reality Anchor’s did not show any reaction. SCP-9602’s abilities likely belong to a different, unknown source of power, even if they might show similar effects.
 
Attempts to communicate with SCP-9602 were met with cryptic and disjointed messages, further complicating containment efforts. As 9602 approached certain SCP’s like SCP-[REDACTED], it displayed a momentary pause, as if acknowledging a connection.
 
These interactions resulted in [REDACTED], causing additional containment breaches and requiring intensified efforts to re-establish control over the site.
 
One of the biggest surprises of this entire incident is SCP-9602’s interaction with SCP-682. SCP-682 did not show its usual disdain for all life and attempt a rage infused slaughter upon being freed.
 
Something about SCP-9602 successfully attracted SCP-682 causing it to rampage towards SCP-9602 instead. Ultimately, it appears that SCP-682 was immediately calmed down and fell to its knees, like a devotee asking for forgiveness in front of the object of worship.
 
Based on analysis conducted regarding the words SCP-9602 spoke, only two were able to be decoded successfully. These two words are-[Karmic Alteration]. Upon speaking these words SCP-9602’s glowed once more signifying the use of SCP-9602’s abilities.
 
SCP-682 remained unnervingly calm and not making a sound or showcasing movement until well after the containment breach was successfully suppressed allowing for its easy containment.
 
Approximately around the same time SCP-9602 was successfully contained, SCP-682 reverted to its usual behaviour. Except this time displaying anger unlike before nearly causing another containment failure. It likely has to do with SCP-9602’s containment, but this hypothesis lacks sufficient evidence.   
 
After an [REDACTED]-hour period, SCP-9602’s influence began to wane. Subdued and displaying no recollection of the events, SCP-9602 was apprehended by containment teams. SCP-9602 showed no significant resistance. The aftermath necessitated extensive repairs and containment protocol reviews.
 
Based on psychological analysis, it has been found likely that SCP-9602 might suffer from mental disorders like schizophrenia, memory faults and more. Analysis of this incident underscores the potential volatility associated with SCP-9602’s potential split personalities.
 
Phase-2 experimentation must be approached with utmost caution, and additional measures are required to anticipate and mitigate the risks posed by SCP-9602. SCP:9602-2's will be transported to Site-XY.
 
Only operatives with clearance level-4 or higher will be allowed to access information related to SCP-9602’s experimental and psychological studies.
 
End of Incident Report
 
***
Preliminary Site Investigation Log - SCP-9602 Containment Breach
 
Date: [REDACTED]
 
Location: Site-[REDACTED]
 
Investigating Team: MTF Alpha-9
 
Log Entry 1: Initial Site Assessment
 
The team arrived at Site-[REDACTED] following an urgent distress signal from the containment facility housing SCP-9602. Initial observations indicate severe structural damage to the site, suggesting a significant containment breach.
 
The distress signal seems to have been received hours after said containment breach. The facility's security measures appear to have been compromised. All that remains of Site-[REDACTED] is debris.

---
Log Entry 2: Search for SCP-9602
 
Our primary objective is to locate and secure SCP-9602. The current status of SCP-9602 remains unknown. Lack of any signs of life in the facility is also worrying. It raises concerns regarding the extent of the breach and potential threats posed by SCP-9602.
 
The distorted environment hinders navigation, and our operators report sporadic hallucinations, emphasizing the urgency of the situation. These affects seem to merely be a remnant of the forces that acted upon the facility.
 
---
Log Entry 3: Need for Further Investigation
 
The current investigation raises several critical questions that necessitate further inquiry such as the motive behind SCP-9602's containment breach and subsequent destruction.
 
What caused a sudden change in SCP-9602’s docile behaviour? Were there any other entities involved in this containment breach? Perhaps SCP-9602’s parent, Tabula Smaragadina, was involved in the incident.
 
Potential memetic hazards or cognitive influences associated with SCP-9602's must also be investigated in order to contain SCP-9602 permanently. A review of SCP-9602’s threat level must be conducted and her Euclid classification can be revoked upon consideration.
 
The team will continue the investigation to ascertain the full scope of the breach and develop strategies for the re-containment of SCP-9602. Please inform the O5 council for guidance in regards to dealing with this incident and its aftermath.
 
[End of Preliminary Site Investigation Log]
 
***
*Back to the present*
 
Lilith PoV:
 
“May I know what was the spell you cast just now, young lady? Forgive me, but I could not recognize what you did other than the fact that your MP decreased,” Demiurge curiously asked.
 
“~Oh, it’s a spell I created in order to give people beautiful dreams and making them livelier in reality. You will be able to see what it does in a couple of weeks. Just make sure to keep it a secret between the two of us that I did it. You promised.~” I playfully replied.
 
I had to show that I have completely moved on from my outburst earlier instead of voluntarily spreading negativity. As I said earlier, it is easier to arouse guilt in people when they deeply care for someone yet they can’t do anything to help them.
 
Instead of voluntarily asking for pity, it would be a better approach to given him the idea that I am very adept at wearing masks to cover up sadness and pain. Knowing the NPCs mentality, these thoughts he will have would spread to the rest of them.
 
Mind you, that with the NPCs loyalty perhaps there is no need for me design such elaborate acts. But let’s not forget that the NPCs were designed to serve the Supreme Beings, first and foremost.
 
Their loyalty and protection to me is just an extension of this design. I am more like a mascot more than a supreme being’s equal. Due to their design, they will certainly serve me, but if I wanted their unchanging and undying loyalty as if I was their main priority, then I had to display myself to be worthy of it.
 
The NPCs were no longer entirely bound by their flavour text and had displayed the ability to evolve from what they were designed to be. They were no longer just bits of data but real, living beings.
 
What if I acted like a rich bratty kid thinking I owned the place and Ainz gave me a cold shoulder in the future due to him gaining a dislike of my personality? The NPCs loyalties were bound to shift since Ainz was their first priority.
 
My acceptance here was based on the fact that Ainz was safe and had no issues with me. Now, I don’t have issues with Ainz himself.
 
It was convenient for me that perhaps the only one who might have a chance of causing an unfavourable situation for me, was so gullible to anything related to his friends.
 
Having an easy conversation with Demiurge can be passed off on the fact that he witnessed me at one of my most vulnerable moments. In a sense, he will know me more than any of the other NPCs ever will.
 
“I won’t break a promise I made to you, young lady. I look forward to seeing the effects of your beautiful spell.”
 
[Fear Pandemic]. That was the 9th tier spell I had cast earlier. It could certainly ‘give people beautiful dreams and making them livelier in reality’. Just that the way this was achieved might be different from what humans desired.
 
In all honesty, I would not have been surprised if the spell was ranked at a higher tier. The one I cast the spell on acts as a ‘carrier’. This carrier passes on a tiny piece the spell to a target causing them to be infected.
 
The infected person has horrifying nightmares that makes them doubt reality and their own existence. If the infected person tells someone else about the nightmares, they will be infected as well. Kind of like an epidemic caused by viruses.
 
Eventually, the infected people slowly but surely go insane over a prolonged period. The spell does not end until the ‘carrier’ has been eliminated. Even if these humans were cured or their memories were wiped, new people will keep getting infected.
 
The issue was that the spell was slow to take effect. There was also the fact that if the victims do not speak of their nightmares, then the spell will not take effect. The carrier could only be non-sapient beings like insects or animals.
 
But it was only a matter of time before someone blabs about their nightmares. The best part of this spell is that it functions as a fuel tank for me. All the thoughts of slow progressing madness will be fed back to me which I can ‘eat’ and use it to recover mana quicker.
Of course, this is madness to mana conversion is only a tiny amount so it won’t turn me into an inexhaustible battery. Regardless, I can’t wait to experience this feast.
 
There was a higher tier version of the spell that affected reality through the victims dreams as well, but I did not want to use that right now. At least not in this world.
 
***
~Hope you enjoyed reading!~

81