Chapter 23
170 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tokyo Jujutsu High is one of the institutions in this world that, not only nurtures the next generation of jujutsu sorcerers but also serves as the Headquarters and Main base of operation for the jujutsu sorcerers of this generation as well.

In this very place, is where Hiroyuki just got admitted to. He was enrolled in this High School a couple of months ago and was now a full-fledged student of Jujutsu High. A first year to be specific. 

Now, although the 'school' aspect of Jujutsu High is unlike any other High School, at the end of the day, it's still a school. Something that Hiroyuki isn't foreign to. In fact, this is already his third time being a high school student throughout his entire 'lives'.

Hence why he's understandably bored during his classes.

Well, it's not like the idea of going to classes again, six days a week was boring for Hiroyuki... Actually, it is indeed boring, but many more facts came into play as well.

One of those facts is that he's already knowledgeable about anything 'curse' related in this world. All thanks to Senjumaru being a literal walking Curse encyclopedia, teaching Hiroyuki anything he wanted to know throughout all this time.

At this point, Hiroyuki even knows some stuff that isn't taught to Students, or Jujutsu Sorcerers in general. Some of it is even easily considered as Special Grade level information that only the higher-ups should be allowed to know.

So, to say that Hiroyuki, especially Senjumaru, doesn't have anything to learn in Jujutsu High anymore is nothing but the truth really. But there's no way they can justify such a fact, can they? 

No matter how much Hiroyuki racked his brain, he would not be able to come up with a plausible excuse as to how he and Senjumaru possessed such a degree of information without spilling the truth. 

Overall, that's pretty much the reason why, both he and Senjumaru were forced to attend Jujutsu High. For formalities and convenience. Obviously, that's not the only reason but that's DEFINITELY a major part of it.

But... it doesn't change the fact that doing all this is still extremely boring. Senjumaru doesn't have much problem because she possesses an unexplainable amount of patience, but for Hiroyuki, every day and class is like hell.

In the first place, things like this are not his strongest point, even in his past lives. He would honestly prefer to just go out and fight curse spirits than sit around the classroom and get berated with things he already knows.

Not to mention that in their huge Classroom that can easily fit 50 students or so, only Hiroyuki, and Senjumaru, can be seen using it for everyday classes.

Making this entire situation worse as if it wasn't already.

Thankfully, there's still a saving grace for this hellhole.

It's called, Practical Missions. Something that happens from time to time, which is basically going outside the school and performing tasks that involve lots of things. One of them being the Curse Subjugations.

Tokyo is arguably the most populated city in the entire Japan. And since that's the case, the Curse-related events would be more active here compared to the others. That's why, from time to time, Jujutsu High would receive reports of some Curse Activity within the city. 

And whenever that would happen, a request for Curse Subjugation or investigation would come up. A moment where Jujutsu Sorcerers or Jujutsu High Students would be moved in order to resolve the situation, if possible.

Regarding the dispatch for the Jujutsu Students, most likely, it only consists of minor investigation, and if ever there is an expected battle against Curse Spirits, it's only against low grades. 

However, the grades of that specific student would also sometimes come into play.

In any case, this is the very thing that only keeps Hiroyuki alive during his stay at Jujutsu High. What he wants right now is experience, and he could get a massive amount of that during these kinds of situations.

Sadly for him, activities like this don't come as often as he likes them to be. And whenever assignments do come up, a chance that it would be given to another class and not them is still possible.

Which can be very frustrating whenever it happens. 

That's probably the reason why, Hiroyuki together with Senjumaru, started sneaking out of the school compound from time to time during the night and wandering around the city for as long as they wanted.

Because no missions don't mean "nothing is going on". In most cases, it's just that, the majority of the available missions are not fit for them due to their difficulty and complexity. 

Heck, some of the "missions" aren't even found yet. In the first place, curse-related stuff isn't the type to stick out of the crowd and wave their flag for everyone to see. Most of the time, they are always hidden and almost impossible to find out.

Overall, this just means that there are lots of things out there. And if no one is going to ask them to do it, that's completely fine.

... Cause they will just do it themselves.

___ Loading Next Scene... ___

It's currently nighttime, and Hiroyuki can be seen walking around the bustling streets of Tokyo together with his trusty companion, Senjumaru.

They just snuck out an hour ago and are now doing nothing but strolling around. Buying and eating lots of street foods whenever they walk past one.

Well, it's not like they are actually doing nothing but strolling around... and eating lots of food. It's just that, in the meantime, that's all they can do. Mainly, what they're doing is scouting the places where the potential for Curse Spirit Activity is high.

Hence why they have been going to different kinds of places ever since they got out of school. Hospital, Malls, Abandoned Building, etc. So it's pretty obvious that the reason is definitely not because of the food... at least that's what Hiroyuki likes to think.

In any case, some might call them out for their excuse because they decided to scout around without bringing any tools for Curse Detection. Modern Jujutsu Sorcerers, when doing the same thing, tend to bring curse tools with them that could massively help detect curse activity.

That's pretty much the staple during these kinds of operations.

But in their defense... they simply need none of that. Both of them, possess an extreme level of sensitivity towards Curse Energies. In fact, It is so sensitive that they can easily detect Curse Activity from afar, especially Senjumaru which is even above Hiroyuki's level by at least tenfold.

A feat that those 'tools' can only hope to achieve.

!!!

"Hmm?" Out of nowhere, while Hiroyuki was busy chowing down on the food he just bought, Senjumaru suddenly perked up and then looked at a far distance with a slight frown on her face.

"... What's wrong?" Hiroyuki quickly noticed the sudden change in her behavior. Given the sudden shift in her actions, there's no way he wouldn't notice it.

???

However, it seemed that he didn't need to ask anymore because the moment he saw her expression, he immediately realized the situation.

"Did you find something?"

"I did. It's quite far from here. Can't pinpoint its exact location but judging by the direction, it's probably in the rural forest around the south lake." 

"That far?? That's like... almost outside of Tokyo already." Hiroyuki said with an incredulous expression on his face, all while quickly stuffing the remaining food inside his mouth. Trying to finish his meal as fast as possible.

"Alright, whatever. I'm done. Call a taxi. I don't want to run right now."

"Understood."

After that, both of them stood up from their seats and hurriedly grabbed a taxi. They didn't even need to discuss or plan their next set of actions, both of them just left as soon as they could.

Well, the reason for this is that Hiroyuki worried that someone might get there before they could. If that happens, whoever that may be, then the chance of that turning into a disaster is pretty high.

However, according to Senjumaru herself, what she felt just now had just occurred. So the chance of others getting first on the scene is pretty low unless someone is already there before it even happened. Which is probably the most worrying part.

Although they have no idea what exactly happened, cause it's pretty far from where they are, Senjumaru can make a vague guess just from the tinge of sinister aura coming from the direction they're heading.

That alone is already enough to spell a disaster.

To make matters short, whoever or whatever is behind this happening is definitely up to no good. That's why they must reach that place as soon as possible and find the exact situation.

Fortunately, they only met minimal traffic on the way so they managed to arrive at the scene much faster than they expected. But upon their arrival, it seemed that they didn't need to make any investigation anymore to know the exact situation.

One glance at the area is already enough for them to know everything that just happened. 

___ To be continued... ___

Want to read ahead? I recommend checking out my Pat-reon to read the Advanced Chapters and further support this story.

www.Pat-reon.com/evrabon

6