16 – Ghost Hunters – Ch. 3
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sarah was the last to come to Skeleton Hotel. Ursula and Angelo were already there and were watching an argument between three Italians.

<<We came such a long way,>> said Bartolomeo. <<And I do mean it literally!>>

<<You think we’re going to pass on our greatest video?>> said Nicola.

<<I only want to warn you,>> said Giovanna. <<You may not understand it yet, but you’re doing more harm than good.>>

<<Oh yeah?>> said Nicola. <<To whom exactly?>>

<<Yourselves, the surroundings, but most importantly the ghost!>> said Giovanna.

<<We’ve been perfecting our craft for years!>> said Bartolomeo.

<<You need to understand,>> said Giovanna. <<There is a good craft and there is a bad craft.>>

“Ya want some popcorn, gals?” said Angelo. “Looks like it’s gonna take a while.”

Ursula was studying the aura of the brothers.

“It looks like they are very stubborn,” she said. “And hungry for fame. But it looks like there is a potential for change inside them.”

“Good,” said Angelo. “Maybe that change will calm Giovy down.”

 

It took the Italians a while to stop arguing. Giovanna walked to her friends and told them how it ended.

“Of course they’re going to carry out the recording.”

“So what are they going to do?” asked Sarah.

“Likely summoning the spirit with a Ouija board or a ghost box. Then some kind of hogwash with some mystic mumbo jumbo. And then they're gonna leave the spirit angered.”

“It sounds like we should do something about it,” said Angelo.

“Indeed,” said Giovanna. “And we better hurry.”

“I wouldn’t like to bother you, but they’re getting away,” said Angelo.

Giovanna turned on her heel to see what was going on. Indeed the two influencers were walking away and entering the Skeleton Hotel. Just as if their talk with Giovanna never happened. Although they seemed to chit chat about something. Maybe about what Giovanna told them.

The brothers disappeared in the Hotel. Giovanna turned to her friends.

“Let’s go after them,” she said. “I want this city not to be haunted.”

 

Giovanna, Sarah, Ursula and Angelo got to the Skeleton Hotel shortly after the Italian boys. Something unpleasant was in the air. The whole building smelled like decomposing concrete and risk of collapse.

“What are they looking for exactly?” asked Sarah.

“If I remember correctly,” said Ursula, “there is a legend saying that one of the workers died while working on this building. They say that he was crushed by a falling pillar. And from that day onward his ghost haunts the building.”

“That’s awful!” said Sarah.

“People have wild imagination,” said Angelo.

“Knowing our luck it’s not imagination at all,” said Giovanna.

The corridors seemed to morph into labyrinths. It was getting harder and harder to find one’s way through the rooms of the Skeleton Hotel. And how could one be surprised? The building was abandoned and it was highly unlikely that anybody would have a plan. Nobody should ever enter this building.

After some time Giovanna found a peculiar door. Something about it stood out. There was a strange sticker on the door. There was something written on the sticker, but it was not in any language she could read. Sarah looked at the sticker.

“I think I’ve seen these symbols before,” she said.

She has seen them for sure. In the book from her parents.

Ursula looked at the door. She knew what the sticker contained.

“Those are spell runes,” said Ursula. “I have heard they can be used to make talismans. Maybe it is one of them.”

“I guess this one is used to keep the doors closed,” said Angelo. “And I guess they are inside.”

Giovanna touched the door looking as if she wanted to check something.

“It doesn’t seem like they did a great job if that’s the case,” she said.

She put her hand on the doorknob and pressed it.

“Arrivederci!” she said as if to the sticker.

The four went inside the room. Inside they saw the two brothers. They were sitting in the centre of the room inside a ring made of salt. They were holding their hands on a wooden board. Around the room there were multiple cameras recording from every possible angle. And around the salt circle there were five lit candles. Everything suggested that Fratelli Orrori started the summoning ritual.

The brothers turned to see Giovanna coming inside.

“Who’s there?” said Nicola.

<<Wait, I know her,>> said Bartolomeo. <<It’s that girl from before!>>

<<You did not expect to see me here, huh?>> said Giovanna.

She looked around the room appreciating everything that went into preparing the ritual.

“Dei miei…,” she said. <<Seeing how your setup looks like up close kind of makes me appreciate it.>>

<<Thank you, but can you leave for now?>> said Nicola.

<<Yeah, you said it’s dangerous here yourself,>> said Bartolomeo.

<<Don’t worry, I’m not here to stop you,>> said Giovanna. <<But if I can’t stop you then at least I want to help you.>>

The brothers were fairly surprised. They looked at each other silently asking if they understood what it meant.

<<Help us?>> Nicola said. <<How? What do you mean?>>

<<Not that much,>> said Giovanna. <<I simply want to make sure you do it safely. And that you do it right.>>

<<Don’t worry, we’re professionals,>> said Bartolomeo.

<<We’ll see,>> said Giovanna. <<Now, let me join the summoning.>>

Angelo sat in the corner.

“Let’s relax and let our Italian friend handle this,” he said.

 

Giovanna and the brothers were sitting in the salt circle and summoning for a while. They were chanting something that was likely supposed to summon the spirit. Giovanna had her own chant that the brothers didn’t use before. She insisted they use that charm much to their irritation.

Sarah, Ursula and Angelo were pretty bored. They manage to exchange accounts in Báckumon Go. They even made some monster exchanges.

Suddenly something shook the room. Deep cry could be heard from behind the walls. Blue sparks were sparking all over the floor. Giovanna, Nicola and Bartolomeo jumped out of the salt circle. Sarah was frightened.

“What is happening?” she asked.

Giovanna knew the answer perfectly.

“The ghost is coming.”

0