Chapter 2
131 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I shake my head, and suddenly, a rush of knowledge appears inside my head. I am in the North. My patron decides that I need an identity in this world, and she asks that man to create a history for me. My name is Lewis Tallhart, the son of Helman Tallhart and heir to the Tallhart family.

I replace Benfred Tallhart, the real eldest son of Helman Tallhart. The man changed history so I can keep my name, Lewis.

I blink a little when I feel something inside my hand. I looked at it and noticed it had three papers. I opened the paper and noticed it was filled with words. I read the paper in front of me and know what kind of thing I get from being a contractor to Death.

The first thing I get is to put my body in peak condition. The second one is the ability to read the room, spot deceit, and ability to talk. It might not sound much, but for the noble society, it is something that I need to have. The third one is the ability to learn any magic kind of thing at a very fast pace. It will not be useful for me immediately, but I need to learn magic sooner or later to battle an undead. The fourth one is a talent in any martial aspect. I can learn swordsmanship, spearmanship, or even archery at a very fast pace. Just watching someone fighting can let me learn how to use a sword. It will be slower than fighting an opponent but still faster than someone training regularly without this power. The next one is a power that lets me survive in the wilderness. It will let me know which place is great for camping, which water I can drink, and how to make a shelter using nothing but an axe with me. The last one is the ability to make money. I can be a rich young noble with enough information and determination in a year or two.

Other than those five, I also have a defense against illness, poison, and the ability to heal my body to one hundred percent. The second one is something that lets me survive in extreme cold or extreme hotness.

Lastly, I get a pocket dimension complete with a house with everything I need to survive for a month without getting out of the pocket dimension before it needs restocking. This pocket dimension lets me store objects just like an inventory system from an RPG game. However, that is not all. I also got an armory full of weapons. This place is filled with guns, from handguns to something more heavy like an anti-tank rifle.

I shake my head and release a sigh. I don't know how to kill Three-Eyed Raven and Night King, but I have a few years before this place goes to shit. It has been three years since Greyjoy's Rebellion is over. That means I have at least four years before the start of the canon timeline starts.

I don't know if something from modern times can defeat the Night King, but I know that I can shoot the Three-Eyed Raven with a gun. It looks like I need to buy a sword made of Dragonglass before I go north.

I need to create a foundation for my mission. That man said something about capturing targets, right? Let's see it first. I look around and notice that my phone is on the ground. I pick it up and turn it on.

I explore the phone for a few seconds before I find what I want. There are a lot of targets, but there are a few from the north. Most of the targets that are worth capturing are coming from Stark House.

It looks like I need to get close to the Stark Family, and I have a perfect start for that. House Tallhart is a close friend of House Stark. My father is close enough to Lord Stark for me to visit Winterfell to make a connection with his child.

Yes. Let's do that.

========================================================================

|3rd POV|

The first thing Lewis does after he returns to Torrhen's Square, his family castle, is to create a business for his foundation in this world. For the past few months, he has been busy going to Braavos to buy the things he needs to buy and store them inside his inventory.

This is what makes him above the other merchants. He did not need to buy a lot of ships to transport the goods from one place to another.

Lewis buys many goods from Braavos and Pentos before returning them to the North. Most of the goods he sells are spices, clothes from Pentos, and dyes from Braavos. However, that is not all. In his third month in this world, Lewis managed to get himself a rice seed from Yi Ti.

With rice in his possession, Lewis decides to create a rice field near the lake just south of their castle with his father's permission. After a month of work, the rice field is ready, and they are already planting rice there.

It starts slow, but with winter is over, Lewis' work begins to bear fruit. Lewis looks at the field in front of him with a smile on his face. After another five months, the rice is ready to harvest, and he can see the worker harvesting the rice.

"You really did it."

Lewis looks to the side and sees his father look at the field with pride on his face.

"You really manage to grow these plants. These 'rice' will last for a long time, right?"

"Almost indefinitely, yes. As long as they are properly stored."

"You leave them to me. You already did enough to introduce this plant into our family. For now, you need to focus on what you are doing. I will even make sure not to inform the others about your magic."

Lewis looks at his father in shock, and Helman looks at his son with only a small smile.

"What? You think that I did not know you have magic, huh? I know about your magic, and I don't mind. We are in the North. We believe in magic and the Old Gods. Your magic is a blessing from the Old Gods, and I am grateful for it. However, I don't know about the others. Because of this, don't spread your magic around and build a stronger foundation before showing that around."

Lewis nods his head seriously and says.

"I will, father."

"Good. Let's get back and ensure enough space in our storage for the rice."

If you like my work, you can read more at my Patreon! At the moment, there is only one more chapter, but I will add more. You also do not need to worry about the first month's payment as you will only be charged when you join and the date you join my patron.

3