Chapter 3 – Peculiarity
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Lucian, what the hell was that? That was so dangerous!” Cain yelled, snapping the dazed archangel back to reality.

As Lucian slowly comes conscious, he who remembers nothing is blurred with confusion.

“Ah..? Huh…what I…beg your pardon?- Did I do something unusual?..” The archangel said with a puzzled look on his face.

As the couple observed Lucian’s expression, surprise and suspicion aroused as the two looked at each other's eyes. Because of the silent atmosphere Yanbo decided to speak up,

"This…um..Lucian…I'm assuming that the last thing you recall is when I gave you that piece of advice, yes?"

“hmn..I’m sorry…i can't really recall..?” 

"Yan Bo meant to say that as you were chatting a few minutes ago you started moving out of mind and it seems like you were out of your control. We thought it was strangely unusual, we didn't realize it until you started casting a very dangerous spell."

Cain thoroughly explained as Yan Bo stood by his side healing his small wounds that seemed to be newly inflicted.

"Are you alright Cain? tell me if you feel pain.."


"I'm alright, dear…I'm just a bit exhausted."

The god of war and fertility hugged and assured his distressed lover after disrupting the pre-spell cast by Lucian.

'This…it must be due to that highly dangerous spell that caused such a…I.. this…i must never let it happen again' Cain thought to himself, brushing off his concern as he decided to interrogate Lucian further.

“Lucian, that spell… Do you have any idea why or how you were able to cast it?” Cain asks, facing the archangel with a stern expression. 

I..this forgive me Cain, but with all honesty, I cannot recall anything..nothing at all.

Though, if I may ask, could you please tell me what spell I was trying to cast?” 

‘What did I do…did an evil spirit possess me?...I highly doubt that…’

Knowing that Lucian's amethyst eyes held nothing but pure confusion, Cain couldn’t do anything in return and sighed.

... I have no knowledge of what that spell is, but I sensed it. Lucian, it could endanger you to the point of destroying you." the god said, informing him with a somber appearance.

”...hah..well, considering how weak you are now...” Cain quietly muttered.

The archangel processed the information given to him, slowly looking down at his hands as he caught a glimpse of crimson blood fleetingly appearing for a second in front of him. Clenching his hand, Lucian sincerely apologizes.

"I apologize for the trouble I caused and...I'm in debt, thank you for protecting me."

" It was no problem, we are just glad that you're fine." Getting up YanBo pats Lucian’s back, comforting him.

To this, the archangel once again expressed his gratitude. 

.

.

.

"Time will tell what thou haths seek that has been lost." A sudden familiar yet foreign voice whispers into Lucian’s head.

(A/N: time will tell what you have been seeking, that had been lost")

Seeing the silent Lucian, Cain gave a light cough trying to make the atmosphere a bit more cheerful.

“I hope it is not because of this, you come looking for me.” the god said, Laughing at his own joke. 

Unfortunately, silence fell more prominent in the room becoming even more awkward until a knock was heard, notifying Cain that his servants returned back with a person who he had ordered to be summoned.

“Ah! Finally, you guys are back, what took you so long?” the god said, feeling relieved breaking the tense atmosphere.

All the servants gave their respectful greetings to Cain. One of the servants amongst the group started ranting and dissing negatively about the God of Death and the God of Lust, as the rest would nod in agreement to their dislikes.

The servants all seem very loyal and hold high respect towards their lord, reporting their never-ending news. In excitement, Cain politely dismissed the bundle of lively servants.

 “Settle down everyone, as much as I would love to hear about your complaints and ruckus, my little Lulu here is getting quite anxious with the little surprise I prepared for him~ If you would, please bring the special guest in.”

“pft– wha- who Is YOUR little Lu-” The sudden sweet words Cain uttered made him choke, Lucian frantically tried to speak back however before he could finish his sentence, a knock cut him off. 

Greetings god of war and fertility, this is Yusra, I will be entering now.'' The gentle yet soft voice flowed through Lucian’s ears which instantly made the archangel suddenly flustered as he nervously looked for a place to hide.

On the other hand, as Yusra nervously awaits permission to enter Cain’s office, A familiar scent whisk towards his nose. It was Lucian’s scent. Filled with excitement, the servant enthusiastically squealed as the scent got stronger for him not to notice. Because of this, Yusra hastily prepared himself for the possibility of meeting his idol once again.

As the large door's of the palace opened his field of view widened, however what awaited him was disappointment.

"Ah…I must be imagining things..there is no way I could meet him again." The poor servant thought dispiritedly.

Showing his modesty Yusra bowed respectively to the Gods in front of him.

Greetings, Lord Cain and Lord Yan Bo."

“Ahh, stop being this respectful Yusra. Ain’t we friends already?! We have been ‘through’ a lot, haven't we?” Cain said, slightly pouting as he casually hugged his beloved.

Feeling the comfortable atmosphere Yusra finally eased up and giggled as he gave a simple nod. 

Meanwhile, Lucian who was hiding caught a glimpse of Yusra. The archangel's eyes glistened observing the little servant's manners and laughter.

He thought to himself, how can such an adorable creature be allowed to exist? Despite only meeting once, there was something unexplainable that made him want to draw near the servant.

“Thank you for getting me out of there, even if it’s just for a little while.” The slave bowed once more, showing his deep gratitude towards Cain.

 Even if it was a minute to get away from the tortures he had dealt with Yusra was very thankful to the god.

If it was on a daily basis, onlookers could see new wounds appearing on the servant's pitiful body. However, today there was something unexpected. A burned slave mark on his skin is located on his chest.

Still hiding in the dark corner of the room, Lucian quietly stared at this mark. Witnessing the visibly poor conditions of Yusra gave the archangel an unexplainable deep rage that was boiling, mixed with a feeling of aching pain in his chest. He felt the need to wrap the poor servant around his arms to comfort him. It was unfair for such a timid and well mannered servant to be treated this way. 

Noticing the problem, The moon god attempted to cast a spell to remove the mark, yet to no avail the slave mark cannot be erased unless the person who did the damage decides to remove it or if the caster themselves perish 

“My deepest apologies Yusra, I wish I could make it disappear..but”

Even from Yan Bo's emotionless face, Yusra could sense worry coming out of him.

“Hmn? Oh, this? You don’t have to worry Lord Yan Bo, it was my own will…it doesn't really hurt, I'm fine.” Yusra spoke in a cheery voice, seemingly unfazed by the painful mark on his chest.

“Fuck this, piece of shit ass Gods.” Cain angrily cursed.

Yusra felt a bit uneasy about the topic. Instead of proceeding, Yusra diverted the topic away from his problems, “anyways, I would like to know why was I called here today, was it something urgent?” 

Yan Bo stared at Yusra, pointing in the direction where Lucian was hiding.

Lucian, knowing well that he had been spotted, decided to give up and pop out of his spot. “Oh my, this is where it fell off too, how careless of me…” the archangel exclaimed in a natural manner.

Lucian appeared to where the light is casting its shine. Which made the archangel appear more…’angelic’ painting a beautiful picture. However, Cain who knows of the archangel’s stupidity failed to hold back his laughter and was covered by Lucian’s hand who was smiling menacingly.

“Oh! Hello Yusra, how have you been?” the golden-haired archangel stupidly responded.

Yusra was flabbergasted as he came face to face with his idol.

 

“G-greetings, great archangel Lucian. I apologize, I didn’t greet you properly the first time. I hope you had a fun time with your partner.” the servant softly replied.

Lucian softly chuckled, giving the servant a pat on his head.

“You know, he’s not my….ah, your scars…are you any kind of pain? I can help ease them.” 

Yusra, flustered, simply shook his head and took a step back as Lucian inched closer. 

Without any warning, Lucian’s ‘lover’ Slammed open Cain’s door leaving it unbarred as he dashed towards Lucian giving him a hug.

“Why did you barge in? Did you realize who's door you opened without permission? I have told you many times that you and I now walk along separate ways.” Lucian pushed Bobrial back giving him a stern warning.  

“Oh? I apologize. God of war and fertility.” Bobrial gave an indolent response, bowing down with respect that seemed to be filled with a hint of mockery. Cain however, passed the angel’s actions and gave no recognition to the angel and simply returned back to his seat.

“My office doesn’t welcome you, leave. Lucian, it seems like your taste has turned bad, courting this ignorant fool who could not even understand a simple language will be one that will cause me a headache. If you don’t want to embarrass yourself any further, I suggest you take my first order, the door is wide open waiting for you at any moment.” Cain sneered in annoyance.

Knowing that the god of war and fertility has the most authority throughout the whole of Elysium, Bobrial’s shamelessness was immediately dispelled after just one glance at the god. The scene played out was similar to a cockroach being crushed beneath a giant foot.

“Well, I shall take my leave along with this lowly servant who doesn’t seem to belong here.” Bobrial spoke with confidence, glaring at Yusra who was behind Lucian.

Every breath that the angel took made Cain furious as the poisonous words drift along his ears.

The pressure began to drop as Bobrial’s mouth continued to open. With the sudden burst of overwhelming pressure, Bobrial felt a force pushing his head down instinctively ordering him not to look up. 

A peal of cold laughter coming from the god raged through the angel’s ears giving the angel a cold shiver.

“You came into my office unannounced, slammed the door open, and called my friend a lowly servant. You seem to have a lot of courage don’t you?” 

A loud crackle of thunder and flashy lightning hit the ground causing a terrible tremble. Cain’s bright gold eyes glared menacingly at the angel. Leaving no words for Bobrial to speak. Cain sighed in annoyance as he continued, “So, you this lowly angel, tell me as to why you’re here and what useless business you bring?” Cain’s cold smirk brought everyone shivering in fear, except for his lover and Lucian who was protecting Yusra from Cain’s terror. 

Bobrial, who was frozen in place, was unable to speak a single word due to the heavy pressure the god laid upon him. In the end, Cain gestured for Bobrial to be taken away and dragged out by the guards.

As the doors closed, Cain sat back down and rubbed his temples in annoyance.

“He…how did he manage to sneak into the palace without me noticing?” Cain muttered, frowning his brows.

Yusra, who was silent for a while, suddenly spoke. “Erm, I’m not sure if you all took notice but after he hugged Lucian a very sudden sweet smell seemed to be coming off of him.” looking at the archangel beside him. Yan Bo's face turned madly worried, “Faeryiel, did you sense anything weird?”

A little glowing pink ball appeared, giving a bright shine showing a petite yet elegant faery queen fluttering her wings. “No Master, but that tanned man is quite right about the sweet scent coming off from that archangel there,” Faeryiel said, pointing at Lucian.

Concerned, Yan Bo continued to question his holy spirit faerie, “Are you sure Cain is fine? And..what should we do about Lucian, this contains no serious matter am I right?”

The faerie’s cute voice responded to its master, “I am not quite sure about the god of war and fertility. However, for that archangel, he must be separated from that tanned man- i think its-” Without much clarification, Faeryiel abruptly vanished, as if something was interfering with her connections to Yan Bo.

Without any clear understanding of the situation the air became tense once more. 

Feeling quite drowsy Lucian decided to break the ice to take an early leave.

“I apologize for the short notice but I must take my leave… I don’t feel quite well.” Lucian spoke uncomfortably, bowing as he pardoned himself from the group. 

Just as Yan Bo was about to speak, Lucian was no longer in sight. The large doors blew a cold wind as he stared emptily at the open empty hall. The moon god felt uneasiness rising inside him.

“Yusra, please follow Lucian and report back to me everything you will see.” 

“Ah- of course, God of the moon, I shall do my best!” Yusra responded with bright eyes while maintaining his respectful bow.

Watching the servant leave the room Yan Bo gave a deep sigh, "I hope things don't turn for the worse." Watching his lover expressing his concern the god gently hugged him in an embrace and comforted the moon god.

“Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt them or Elysium.”

 Yan Bo nodded and stayed behind to figure out what was wrong with Cain's unusual condition.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Elysium MinTheatre:

Star: *stares at Lucian hiding in the corner*

Neru: *peeks*

Lucian: *sneaks sneakk*

Yusra: (o vo;;;) ?????

(word count: 2342)

0