Chapter 20 – A Day in the Life of a CEO
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ring, ring, ring, banana phone…

The ever-famous melody was heard in the morning in one specific house. The sunlight broke through the window and fell on the face of a handsome young man.

His eyebrows fluttered and he slowly began to open his eyes. It was 8 am, and the beginning of another productive day.

Being woken up by a ringtone Kira managed to rise from his comfy bed, as he than went to the toilet and got rid of every single one of his needs.

After he got dressed in a semi-formal outfit he went downstairs. It was time for breakfast. Even though our young CEO is fit and in good shape, oh boy he does like to eat…a lot, he likes to eat a lot.

When it comes to his favourite food, he is indeed an Englishman but he is also a normal person, so he doesn’t have the best opinion about his home-place cuisine.

Today he went with a simple but delicious sandwich filled to the brim with tomatoes, sausage, salad and ketchup. In Kira’s personal opinion ketchup is superior to mayonnaise, this is a hill he would die on.

With a full stomach, Kira checked his mail and phone for any messages. A typical businessman behaviour, he spends a lot of time blinking at his phone or computer every day.

It was now 9 am. and the boss headed to the Nexus Animation HQ. After barely getting a new project, the whole studio is hectic. Most of the crew worked double the hours than it is usual for them, something that Kira didn’t like but the guys were stubborn, it was their decision and Kira respected that.

Getting out of the taxi, he entered the studio, headed upstairs and was about to greet all the people there but in his sights, there were five Noya Katsu’s, all greeting him with their zzzzz’s. Seeing that, Kira chuckled quietly and in a good mood entered his office. After all, seeing everyone determined to give their all in creating this anime is a good feeling.

In the last chapter, it was mentioned how Kira had some problems looking for a band or a singer whom they would task with creating a piece of music for the anime. You probably asked yourself, what is the problem now? Well, the same as usual, money, something that isn’t everything in the world but with the lack of it you can’t do most things. Getting a piece of music for the anime is like a lot of good things kind of expensive.

The Anime world is full of bands and singers with enough experience and quality to create fabulous music for them but their budget is already stretched. So, Kira in his discussion with Toma Yuu and Joshua decided that they would try to take a huge risk and unearth a diamond in the rough.

With that said Kira put another thing on a schedule for today, looking through all the channels and sites that have something with music in Japan and looking for talented singers that aren’t currently popular, in the hope they will secure a musician/musicians that still didn’t get to the payroll of their more experienced colleagues. 

Kira already found a couple of interesting people and he is going to create a list of about 20 names, either bands or single singers and give it to the director, after all, this anime is being made by the vision of Toma Yuu and in his vision there is a place for the music that in his opinion should fit this anime.

“Uff, so I have about 20 names, let me send it to him and I am done.”

Two hours passed like a flash and Kira was ready to head home, he is a boss so he doesn’t have a schedule like every other employee but the man himself isn’t lazy. On the contrary, he wants to work. It is just he is not really needed in the studio.

Also, he still needs to buy stuff for him to take to his old and at the same time new home.

Not only that, he also has homework to do. Now, you might ask who was so ballsy to give THE boss homework, well of course only two people could do that – his uncle and his most-seasoned employee.

They told him he needed to get even more culturally conscious. They gave him a bunch of anime to watch. Today he is prepared to start to watch his first Isekai. After all, he already watched or had started watching in all these days he was here all the most popular anime. Still, Isekai currently are in fashion, so you can’t not watch them.

Kira had chosen ‘Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken’ to take his Isekai virginity. The old-good Rimuru Tempest, you can’t go wrong with it.

Just like that with ice tea in one hand and popcorn in another Kira started his binging of the anime. He also read a couple of manga and light novels, as a CEO he wants to always be on his A game, so for that he needs to be fully emersed in this culture.

Hours passed and the sunlight turned into darkness. It was 10 pm, time for Kira to go to bed, as tomorrow is going to be another productive day. Like that, a normal day in the life of a CEO passed.


If you want to read more chapters upfront check out my Patreon

0