Chapter 29 – IT IS HERE
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jab, hook, uppercut…A rain of punches was landing on the punching bag. The force behind them wasn’t anything to scow at as one could clearly see the bag barely holding on for dear life to survive that bear-like strength.

Drops of sweat were falling from the chiselled body of the man who with every thrown punch looked as impressive as a professional boxer.

While the man was testing his power, in the background on the normal-looking TV there was a scene of an animated person doing the same exact routine – jab, hook, uppercut. The name of that anime man is Ippo and the name of the show is of course ‘Hajime no Ippo’, one of the greats of sports anime.

The man in question who was imitating Ippo is none other than Nikola Šubić Zrinjski, a Croatian animator currently working for Nexus Animation, the most famous animation studio in the town of Kisato, though it is also the only animation studio in the town of Kisato…

After finishing his daily exercise, Nikola drank a glass of his homemade shake, for obvious reasons, it is better not to mention the ingredients.

With that, he made sure to get a nice shower and then he dressed up in a dark t-shirt that finely outlined his muscular body, with that he put on blue jeans, he also put a hat on, and before he went to work, he made sure to take care of his prized moustache.

It took him around ten minutes to get to the HQ of Nexus Animation. The main question you probably asked yourself is why did he go to his workplace, as they already finished with the project they were working on.

The answer is fairly simple and one to blame for that is of course the CEO and the slave-driver as some people call him. Well, even without the “orders” the crew would all come together today, as it is a special day.

Today is a day when the sweat, blood and tears they all shed will all become worthy. To stop philosophising for a minute, the first episode of their anime is airing today, in Japan, on Kisato TV, as for the rest of Japan and the world – it will be aired next week.

Nikola came to the second floor and entered the meeting room. A room that became an all-purpose room, for some it was a place for sleeping, for some it was an exercising room and for some, it was a gaming room, Only Kira still considers it a meeting room…

“Yo, Chad, what took you so long, get a seat, it will begin soon.”

Nikola was the first person that got a nickname and no one should be surprised with this choice, though for some it was a boring one. Still, Nikola is truly an embodiment of Chad and Chadness. The guy is also in love with that nickname, after all, he is proud of his muscles.

Enough with the muscles, let's get back to the business. Nikola took a sit and, in a flash, a glass of coke appeared in front of him. With a surprise on his face, Nikola looked up and saw his young boss.

“I know coke is not your preferred drink but it would be a crime to watch a piece of television with water in your hands, heh, snacks will soon come, let's enjoy this day to the fullest.”

After saying his piece, Kira Rowe left the coke and returned to his seat at the head of the table, sitting there were Toma Yuu and Joshua Renji, both prepared for this watching party, dressed casually and in a good mood.

The talks were ongoing between people in this group and then someone yelled.

“Hush, it is starting!!”

The moment he said that, these words flashed on the screen – “Animated by Nexus Animation”.

And so, it is finally here.

Kawahara Kurou, a highschooler and an anime lover who was one of the first to find out about the existence of Nexus Animation was preparing all the snacks and drinks to watch the first episode of the ‘Kuu Neru Futari Sumu Futari’. He didn’t forget the teaching of his mother; you need to support local businesses.

The boy was not the only Kisato inhabitant who decided to spend their evening watching the anime that was first going to air on their television, another uncommon thing but they were happy because of that. As it was already mentioned, people living in this city are proud of where they come from and in a situation like this, they are ready to show love and support.

“Okay, I have everything here, I hope this is going to be at least solid…”

And so, it is here…

In front of the television, watching Kisato TV weren’t only anime lovers.

“Yo Blaze, it is starting, sit your ass down!”

“Shut the fuck up, I am coming.”

Normal vocabulary, from normal-looking band members who are still yet to feel what is it like to be really popular. With that said, in their bones, they felt that soon enough, their dreams would come to reality.

“Oh my God, oh my God, it is starting, IT IS STARTING!!!”

The only one among the band that was the anime lover, the not-yet-named drummer was hyped and was ready to explode.

And so, it is here.

It was already well past 7 pm. And the first episode of the anime finished long ago but those that were more emotionally invested in the whole project remained sitting.

The younger siblings of Noya Katsu had various expressions on their faces - surprise, amazement, and pride, with small tears that were starting to appear. Tears of joy and pride for their older brother.

“Nii-chan, you are awesome.”

This was not the only family that was a part of the weird family of Nexus Animation that was watching this anime with pride in their eyes.

“Wow, mama, father said he was a big part of this anime, is that true?”

The black-hair Japanese woman looked at her young son, smiled and mischievously said – “Yup, your papa is the best.”

Those were the only words of Nao Renji, the wife of Joshua Renji.

And so, it is here, the first anime made by the only animation studio in the town of Kisato, the start of the beginning.


Big thanks to GMANDYG0904 for supporting me on Patreon

If you want to read chapters upfront check out my Patreon

0