Chapter 13
703 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I opened my eyes, it was still night, and it was very dark. However, it seems that dawn is approaching because I was the last one to take watch before going to sleep.

 

It's a relief that nothing unpleasant happened, thanks to no monster or beast attempting to attack us during the night.

 

But it wouldn't have made much of a difference if they did, as we took turns keeping watch while the others slept. My ability to sense hostile entities, due to my occupation as an explorer, means I don't need to be alert all the time, as I'll detect an enemy before it approaches. Frex has a quality that allows him to sense when someone looks at him with murderous or malicious intentions, even if it's just a side effect of his skill it's quite effective. Alexa can see from a great distance even during the night. The three of us together make a perfect anti-ambush group.

 

After finishing my reflections, the last thing I remembered was trying to move my hand to get up, but I felt a strange sensation on my hands. It was fabric, but it contained something soft and familiar. I squeezed my hands a bit and then tried to see what I was touching, which was a bit challenging due to the darkness. When my eyes adjusted to the completely dark surroundings, I could see a bit better. When I focused my vision, I could see Scartha staring at me while I fondled her chest.

 

Indeed, we had to stay together in one covered wagon because the other one containing supplies only had enough space for us to stand, not allowing anyone to lie down without being on top of crates or barrels.

 

Despite already realizing what I was touching, I didn't remove my hands and continued touching Scartha's incredible breasts because it was a quite comforting sensation. Her breasts were soft yet firm enough to strike a perfect balance, a pity that clothing got in the way.

 

"Are you done?" She asked me sarcastically. I glanced at the other group members and saw that everyone was still asleep. However, I couldn't see Lina because she was the last to watch after my shift, and I used my explorer's ability to sense that Lina was outside the caravan where we were.

 

Confirming that no one saw us, I only replied in a low voice, "No, just a bit more," and started massaging her chest with a bit more strength and care, as despite doing so, I couldn't feel her hostility increase in the slightest, so I suppose she doesn't mind. Therefore, it's best to take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself.

 

Her chest felt amazing to the touch. I slid my hands under her clothes, and she started getting a bit nervous about what I was doing. Although she didn't seem to resist, I continued for several minutes, and I could see her breathing becoming agitated as she opened and closed her mouth, avoiding making any sound. I want to sleep with her and form a bond using my ability [Bonding], but I don't think I can afford that luxury right now.

 

I withdrew my hands from her tempting chest when I felt some movement from one of our companions.

 

"Yawnnn!" I saw Frex getting up, so I stood up too.

 

"Frex! Good morning," I greeted him a bit loudly to get everyone waking up, and it worked because none of the girls remained asleep.

 

"Good morning, Dylan!" He greeted me with quite some energy, making me wonder, how does he manage not to be sleepy when he wakes up?

 

It seemed like the girls had awakened, and we started having breakfast with the food that was in one of the covered wagons. We quickly decided to continue with the herb collection missions and try to finish them to return to the village before nightfall.

 

We divided into two groups. Laura drove one of the covered wagons accompanied by Alexa and Frex. Alexa sat next to her in the seats to handle the Holoplers, and Frex was inside. The reason he was there is that Alexa had to observe the herbs from a distance, and he could assist in collecting them.

 

While I drove the other covered wagon containing supplies, accompanied by Lina and Scartha. I know the order in which we formed the two groups was a bit odd, but it couldn't be helped. Laura and I are the only ones who know how to drive the covered wagon, and even though it's a bit easy once you get the hang of it, it's dangerous if a complete novice takes control of the covered wagon in this terrain full of bumps. Also, Lina had to use the magic <Violet Light> that releases a ball of light, which would signal to Alexa when I said I sensed hostile entities, and she could inform Frex about it.

 

After driving for about an hour, I tried to strike up a conversation with Lina and Scartha to break this tense atmosphere "Well, it seems we had a quiet night. No monsters or ambushes. How are you feeling this morning?"

 

Lina was the first to respond, "I'm still a bit groggy from waking up earlier than usual, but fine. And you, Dylan?"

 

"Me? Quite relaxed, I'd say. It's not bad to wake up while massaging some incredible breasts, so it was quite enjoyable."

 

She opened the curtain inside the covered wagon so we could hear Scartha's voice better.

 

"I didn't have many problems except for a mosquito that kept landing on my breasts."

 

Scartha threw us a playful look as she peeked her head through the curtain, while Lina let out a light laugh.

 

"Wasn't it nice to receive a massage on your big breasts when waking up? It must have felt incredible," Lina suddenly asked, and I think both Scartha and I tensed up a bit.

 

Scartha's sudden silence made Lina continue talking, "Dylan, I didn't expect you to behave that way with someone you just met. Can you stop being obscene at inappropriate times?" Oh no, here we go. That's what I thought, seeing her mannerisms and flirtatious voice.

 

"I don't think I can. Who wouldn't seize an opportunity when it's right in front of them?" Hearing me, Lina furrowed her brow a bit before letting out a light laugh.

 

"You're much smarter than you seem. I bet you'd sleep with any woman at the first chance." She said playfully, and I tried to come up with a justification for why I treated Scartha that way.

 

"No, I'm just laying the groundwork so that she won't have many problems seeking my help when she enters her heat cycle. It would be uncomfortable if she suddenly starts having mood swings during a mission or when in the village. So, it's best that as soon as she feels that need, the first thing she thinks of is finding me so I can help her anytime." I saw Scartha looking embarrassed before she pulled her head out of the curtain and returned inside the covered wagon.

 

I looked at Lina before continuing to drive and said, "But isn't your change of behavior too sudden? I could swear you were much shyer when we first met." She stayed silent for a moment because she doesn't want to talk about that issue with anyone, and she can't admit that it's not the real Lina I'm talking to right now.

 

 

"I don't know what you're talking about. I just avoid behaving this way in front of Frex and Alexa because I've always been a quiet person when I'm with them." What she said is a complete lie, Frex and Alexa have known her since childhood, so they will find her behavior suspicious if she doesn't act like the real Lina in front of them. Therefore, it's most likely that she behaves this way with the two of us because we don't know her, and she wants to express herself as her true self without harming Frex and Alexa's relationship with the real Lina.

 

It's not that I'm going to tell them about her change in personality, or rather, her soul. "Well, I don't care how you behave, so if you want to talk about something you can't tell them, you can talk to me, and you don't have to worry about me telling anyone." I said in a low voice as if whispering.

 

I must try to improve my relationship with Liza so that when Lina and Liza start to feel dissatisfied with Frex, or rather when Liza feels dissatisfied with him, she will come to me, and I'll be willing to share the bed with her. I will be the only person she thinks of for the response I use with 'seek my help' when explaining the issue of Scartha's heat.

 

We had to end our conversation when Laura stopped the covered wagon, and I did the same upon seeing her. Alexa and Frex got off, and I saw that the reason was because they found a large quantity of different herbs growing in a pile, and I got off with the girls to help them collect them.

10