Chapter 1
72 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They say that if one is lucky, then they are given the chance to create their world, but… there is much, much more than it takes. Those who have been created and chosen by the god or goddess can be given a chance to be one as well given a chance to manage and take care of their own little world. It is never safe; the 'Infection' that always comes to each world has to be managed and taken care of, or else the god and goddess will slowly deteriorate from not being able to protect their world. Those from the darkness will always attack the world that the gods and goddesses make to steal any power to their advantage. It has been an ongoing war between the light and dark that has never ceased to end so peacefully. Only the more gods and goddesses who can create and make their world can grow strong enough to fight and protect their homes and worlds from utter destruction. The darkness and infection only grow more and more with each growing day. Perhaps there is one who can bring an end to it all soon and let both light and dark be at peace once and for all.

Above in the clouds with a bright sun and warmth all around, a temple made of white porcelain concrete and gold would have many gods and goddesses amongst one another who laugh and smile—cheering each other, assisting, and guiding to protect their little world by their side with a beast for a companion.

“Why do I have to use this shard?” A woman with dark purple hair and green eyes spoke out; on top of her head rested a baby griffin.

Another woman stood beside the young newbie there in front of her, wearing a light silk above her eyes to keep them covered from view. "It is meant to be the start of your very world that you will manage. You must tend and care for it very well. Imagine and think very carefully about how you want your little world to look like." She spoke. Gently, she held the young woman's hands to cup the small shard and let her focus her energy on it.

There, the young newbie would concentrate and put all of her energy into this little shard while thinking about how she wanted this little world of hers to look like. A small piece of a shard grew in her palms until it fully developed into the first little world of hers to manage. There was a spark in her eyes, staring at the small little world of hers. "Goddess Lilia, is this really my world to take care of from now on?"

"Yes, you have to really take care of it, but it is not fully complete. Tell me what you see right now from it." Goddess Lilia waited patiently, looking at her student.

"Umm... I see a lot of... brown and black right now. A little bit of green and bright blue, but not many. What does that mean?"

Goddess Lilia giggled, "It means that you have to go down and manage it personally. This is your very first world, and every god and goddess here has to take care of their little world. When we first create it, then we have to go down there ourselves. It seems like the dark has realized that a new and vulnerable world has been born, and they have already sought out your world to attack. The dark colors there mean that the 'Infection' has started and taken root in your world. You must go down immediately to stop and suppress it from stealing and taking your powers and your life source, my student." She held her hand over as a flash of light came over to the young student. A flash of darkness now.

'Goddess Lilia chose me from the world that she created. I do not recall having the best life there. She chose me to create a new one and follow under her guidance, but...'

 

A long moment of pause...

 

‘Why was it never mentioned that I have to be born into this world personally and actually manage my world?! Help grow the plants and such!’

Shouting within her mind, a young new infant was born and lying around in her fur bed. Such lavish green hair and blue eyes would be staring around. Her name? Anaya, her world, and her fate… not particularly… more like fate to manage for these beings that she created.

In the midst of a busy tribe village filled with people all living their daily lives, contributing between harvesting, farming, hunting, foraging, tailoring, and more. ‘It seems like I am at the very start of my world, where it goes way back into the beginning of time.’ Anaya was thinking while slowly and gently being picked up by her mother. Staring up at the woman who held the same green hair but brown eyes. Their clothing is only made of simple fur and tools from the bones and rocks that they harvest and hunt for. The clothing is more like a fur loin overall.

"Anaya, are you awake now?" The woman's voice was sweet and gentle, only full of love for the child that she had birthed. She had no idea that she had birthed the goddess who would help the land grow and flourish. "I am so glad that you are not looking to be worse. The healer said that you were born so early. I was so afraid." The woman cradled the baby into her arms, shaking a bit.

"Honey, you do not need to worry. As long as we carefully care for her, then she will be okay, the healer said. If we have any issues, then we can rush over to get the healer's help again. It was fortunate that our daughter is alive and well now." A man with a beard came into the cave for a home. His hair was a bit messy and long, but it was a clear brown shade, and his eyes were sharp blue.

"Yeah, I still feel afraid, is all. I never thought that I would be able to have a child, but... it is a miracle that we were able to. Whoever or whatever is helping us, I am truly grateful for this miracle." Her mother said.

'Ughhh... it was me who ended up helping you both have a child. I would have never thought that I was going to be born here and have to find out where that Infection is in my world.' Anaya just lay there in her mother's arms. It was frustrating at times since she did not want to nurse on her mother for the most part, but it was the only way to be able to survive and grow strong. It was forbidden to use magic to help herself grow up faster or make time pass. There would be backlash or consequences for using such a method of power. There were other ways to use her powers, but it would take some time first.

Right when she was crawling now at eight months old, she would finally turn onto her belly and see her mother cooking up something at the firepit while her father was out hunting again. "Ana, what are you doing?" Her mother spoke so softly but giggled to see her sweet daughter trying to crawl over to her.

'Trying to see what you are up to and work out so that I can get this body to hurry up and grow stronger. What else am I doing?!' Only babbles came out, with Anaya still trying to develop her muscles. Hoping that she would finally wean off the milk soon rather than having to always latch onto her mother, which irritated her.

"Aww, are you trying to learn what mommy is doing?" There it was with the clueless mother of hers, but no one could understand what she was talking about.

'Master!!! I finally found you!'

Anaya knew that voice, and it was none other than that griffin of hers who had also been reborn with her into that world.

‘Arok!!! I am here! Where are you?!’

Shouting through the connection of theirs, there would be a little flicker of a bird there. Flying directly at it, it clung to her short hair while she stared at it. Blinking a few times, it was a little surprising to see how small her companion was now.

‘Are you the little finch???’

‘Yes! I am the finch! It didn’t take long for me to grow! It seems like the smallest thing that I am, the quicker I grow! What have you found so far, master?’

Anaya watched her mother still cooking, not realizing that a small finch had come into their cave while cooking. Sitting up on her bottom, she held a hand to her chin while thinking deeply about her plan.

‘I need first to get bigger and all. It seems like I won’t be able to grow as quickly as you. The good thing is that I can still. Use some powers that were due to the love from my parents here. Goddess Lilia never told me that the power comes from those who love you as well.'

Explaining that to Arok, the little finch would listen for the time being until Anaya had been picked up. "Alright, it is about time that we see if your father is back." She placed the cooked meat into some banana leaves and wrapped it up to keep it warm while walking outside with Anaya in her arms.

'Hmm, with my time here. I have seen that my mother is the best at foraging, but I can sense that she has the best luck when it comes to foraging for stuff. Father is the best when it comes to hunting. I can see that they were meant for each other. Like the thread of fate that is visible for these goddess's eyes.' Anaya's eyes would be staring right at her mother, who smiled and waved at her returning father. Her father returned the smile and wave. 'Why don't we peek a little into these two? I wonder if it would look like those other gods and goddess's world where it is all high-tech from what they tell me.'

Slowly focusing, she opened her eyes to look directly at the two and see their stats. It was information for her to use to her advantage now that it was like a cheat sheet for her.

 

---

Name: Remi

Age: 26

Abilities/Skills: Lucky Forager

---

Name: Brut

Age: 35

Abilities/Skills: Best Hunter

---

 

Staring at it for a long time, it was making her think quite a lot about the little information given now. 'Why is the information so little? Is it due to them having no background of how they came to be, or is it due to how little I am right now with no real large amount of power?' Those questions ran through her head, which brought her to unknown answers. 'I am sure that the others informed me that we would be able to see much much more than this.'

"Ana!" Her father was at it again... he started to hug her tight and give her fatherly kisses on the cheek and head while Anaya could only sit there in her father's arms and accept it all.

'Ugh... if only I could, then I would surely run away each time he did this. Makes me wonder how every other god and goddess was able to handle these types of parents in each of their lives when they had to start from step one.' It was annoying, and Arok, the little finch now, was just off to the side and watching his master deal with the affectionate father.

"How was the hunt today, honey?" Her mother asked.

It took a few minutes of silence, "It has not been too well of late. The tribe head has been thinking of moving to a different spot since all the animals here have been leaving and moving due to the cold winter coming. If we do not move soon, then the tribe can starve." Her father was concerned about the winter, and it was coming closer and closer to the time for snow and ice.

"Does he plan to have us all pack up and move now?" Her mother worriedly asked.

***

(Anaya and her mother)
Anaya and her mother

4