Chapter 11- Reward?
782 8 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sorry? Did I hear you wrong?" There was a valid reason for Zhang Yulan to react in such a manner.

The same Xiao Mei who wanted nothing but to divorce Cheng Wei and get together with her lover, ever since she got married...was now actually talking about starting a new life with her husband?

The news was both absurd and elating.

Xiao Mei sighed seeing such an exaggerated reaction before she responded, "I don't want to live in such a troubling manner. The guilt has been piling over me for a long time now, and I no longer want to make things difficult for Mr. Wei."

Although Xiao Mei didn't state anything clearly, Zhang Yulan understood her friend quite well.

Being married yet having a relationship with her boyfriend was a reasonable cause for feeling guilty. And now that Xiao Mei has somehow realized the true face of that little bastard with the surname Wang, it seemed a wise decision for her to get together with Cheng Wei.

However, "Will Cheng Wei accept you? Given how you have ignored him for this long...and what about his own feelings? Does he even like you as a woman?"

From Zhang Yulan's perspective, Cheng Wei and Xiao Mei were nothing but housemates until now, so it was understandable why she would say something like that.

However, hearing those words, brought a small smirk across Xiao Mei's lips—making Zhang Yulan quite curious as she asked, 

"Ne~why that smile for? Are you planning to seduce him or something?"

Xiao Mei's face froze up hearing that as the image of her kissing Cheng Wei flashed across her mind—turning the shade of her face deep crimson.

Now it was Zhang Yulan's turn to smirk as she rested her elbow on the table and leaned forward, "Don't tell me that you have already..."

"S-Shut up!"

"Awww~how cute you are, Mei Mei."

Cupping her cheeks Zhang Yulan cooed—much to Xiao Mei's embarrassment as she swatted her hands away and hurriedly spoke,

"Don't say something so nonsensical. Why do I need to seduce that man? He is already wrapped around my finger." With her arms crossed over her chest, Xiao Mei boasted.

Although it was bad to say such a thing about her husband, the other party was a close friend of Xiao Mei so it didn't matter.  

"No, no, no my little Mei Mei. Marriage doesn't work like that. If you don't tempt your partner, despite how crazed in love they are with you, they might seek external help to satiate their urges. "

Xiao Mei wanted to ask, 'Why you are sounding so experienced when you are still single? ', but she held it in and contemplated.

A thin frown marred her small face before she shook her head and denied, "No...Mr Wei isn't like that. He won't cheat on me..."

Zhang Yulan narrowed her eyes before she asked, "Is that so, then tell me, how many times have you had sex with him in these months?"

Xiao Mei widened her eyes before she looked around whether someone was listening. But fortunately, there was no one.

"Can you talk a little quieter?" Xiao Mei reprimanded but Zhang Yulan's expression didn't shift—urging Xiao Mei to answer.

"Zero..."

"Great~now, the chances of him having an affair rises to sixty percent."

"Eh? Why such an absurd percentage?" Xiao Mei exclaimed with her eyes becoming even rounder in shock.

"Oh my innocent Mei Mei, do you know at what stage your husband is?"

Xiao Mei looked confused before she shook her head.

"*Tah* He is at his prime age of wanting sex every single day!"

Xiao Mei was startled hearing the sudden slam of Zhang Yulan's hand on the table before those words again made her anxious.

"Yuyu, are you intentionally saying that word, loudly?"

Zhang Yulan sighed seeing the helpless situation her friend was in before she asked in a lot calmer tone, " Mei Mei, I know this is a very big decision you made. I am happy that you took this step and decided to have a fresh start with Cheng Wei...however, he has already waited for a long time for you. Isn't it your duty as his wife to reward his patience, a little?"

....now that Zhang Yulan says it, Xiao Mei was forced to think about this situation. It was true that for the past months, they had spent as husband and wife Cheng Wei has only supported Xiao Mei in every possible way and never asked for anything in return. Being a former man, Xiao Mei knew how frustrating it must be for Cheng Wei to endure having his wife nearby yet have to sleep all alone on the cold bed every night.

Zhang Yulan gently held Xiao Mei's hand before she advised, "I believe in you, Mei Mei. However, Cheng Wei needs some assurance about your declaration for a fresh start. He must be still anxious...suspicious of your claim. And when he doubts your advances you have to be patient...just like he has been all this time."

Xiao Mei took a deep breath before she nodded at her friend in understanding.

To change things between them Xiao Mei has to be proactive. Given how cautious that man remains around her, it was Xiao Mei's duty to develop their relationship.

Suddenly a realization struck her, making her smile wryly, '...it feels like I am trying to do something which I wished to happen in my last life... '

For some reason, this realization only solidified her resolve. 

*******

Around five on the clock, Xiao Mei reached the cafe where she called Wang Lin to meet.

She saw him sitting near the entrance from the outside. His face made her heart tremble and her resolve to break up with him wavered just for a single moment.

However, she soon took several deep breaths and collected herself.

Xiao Mei's fragment of soul couldn't shake up the current Xiao Mei's resolve. 

This chapter of Wang Lin has to be concluded today.

*****

A/N:- Sorry for the delay. I am kinda messed up in some of the real-life stuff. Drop a comment if you are eager for the next chapter~

 

33