Chapter 16- Zhang Yulan is in danger
490 6 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cheng Wei has gone through several different circumstances. 

Even when his friend betrayed him two years ago and the company incurred a great loss, Cheng Wei didn't feel much of a burden. He was confident in himself enough to not let those troubles, overwhelm him.

His past was also quite problematic and he made several mistakes but Cheng Wei faced all the consequences head-on without cowering away.

To summarise, he has barely felt any of these situations challenging enough to make him ponder over them for long.

...however, his current dilemma was far more severe than any of those he has faced in the past.

Xiao Mei, his wife, was angry with him.

Just a few hours ago, she came to pick him up from the office. Like an angel, she stood there and said, 'I came to pick you up, Mr. Cheng. ' 

After that, she even allowed him to sit beside her in the car—which means she wasn't disgusted by the proximity.

Truth be told, he never expected their relationship would develop to this extent, this soon. He couldn't be any more happy than he was, to share the same seat as his wife and hold her hand. 

Cheng Wei would accept that, like a foolish teenager, he was grinning all the time when they separated before dinner, but that much was to be expected. 

What he didn't expect was the conversation that they had after dinner.

Xiao Mei suddenly asked him to accompany her for a walk. 

He was beyond elated.

However, as foolish as he was when it came to matters involving Xiao Mei, he said something that made her agitated and she left his side.

....and just like that, the progress they had past a few days, reverted to zero.

Truth be told, Cheng Wei was still unsure about what he did or said that ruined the mood. After all, he has never been in a relationship before.

However, from what he had observed, Xiao Mei was angry with him since he didn't say anything about her meeting with Wang Lin?

Not only this time but Cheng Wei also knew whenever she went to meet Wang Lin in the past but he never asked her anything since he knew, she would get mad and probably the argument would escalate to the point where she might hurt herself.

However, today what happened, made him doubt his previous way of thinking. 

He heard her asking, 'Do you even like me?' 

...what did she mean by that?

Does she know that he has been after her since high school? Does she remember...

'No...it can't be. She shouldn't...' More than assumptions, Cheng Wei was assuring himself

The past they share should only be remembered by him...

******

"What have I done?! Guh!" Xiao Mei punched her pillow while reprimanding herself and feeling a huge boulder of regret weighing her down.

She has yet to experience her first periods but she certainly experienced a mood swing just some minutes ago, when suddenly she got pissed at Cheng Wei for no good reason.

Xiao Mei, in her past life, has always been a composed man, who tackled every situation with a serene front and despite his inner turmoil he barely got agitated at others.

However, just now, she not only got angry with Cheng Wei, but she reacted in such a way, without any valid reason at all!

'He was just trying to be considerate...why did I shout at him?' Xiao Mei lay on her bed and questioned her sanity at this point. 

Naturally, Cheng Wei wouldn't get suspicious of her nor would he ask about her life decision, all of a sudden—just because she said that she wanted to change things between them.

Instead of talking things out, which Xiao Mei initially planned, she just one-sidedly vented on him and left.

"Guh...I so wanna apologize to him..." She wanted to go to him right now and clear things out...but looking at the clock, which showed the smaller needle nearing ten, and considering Cheng Wei's disciplined schedule Xiao Mei thought that he must have gone to bed.

'...I will talk to him tomorrow...' Rather than thinking rationally, Xiao Mei subconsciously was trying to avoid meeting Cheng Wei because of shame.

However, tomorrow morning, she surely would apologize to him and tell him what she actually meant.

This kind of misunderstanding was something she definitely wanted to avoid. 

Letting drowsiness overtake her consciousness, she closed her eyes and fell into dreamland.

*****

[Next morning]

*Bzzzz*

"Hng..." Xiao Mei frowned in her sleep and lazily slid her hand toward the source of the buzz.

Slowly parting her lids, she found it was from her friend, Zhang Yulan. 

Xiao Mei looked at the time, and suddenly her drowsiness vanished.

It was five in the morning and Zhang Yulan would have never called at this hour if not for some emergency. Zhang Yulan was aware of Xiao Mei's sleep schedule yet called her...indeed, a reason to be concerned.

Xiao Mei straightened her back and picked up the call,

"Hello?"

[Ah, yes! I am Miss Yulan's neighbour! I found Miss Yulan injured and unconscious early in the morning. She is bleeding from many places and her head is injured as well. She has bled a lot. I am currently taking her to City Hospital. Please come there fast!]

*Tu* *Tu* *Tu*

A moment passed as Xiao Mei remained frozen at her spot.

The words just spoken to her registered a moment later, and when they did, Xiao Mei's face went pale as she hurriedly jumped on the floor and dashed downstairs.

Barefoot, while clumsily hitting things on her way and staggering on her feet, she somehow ran downstairs and didn't stop until she reached Cheng Wei's room

She was just about to knock when she heard a familiar voice coming from the lobby end,

"Xiao Mei? What happened?"

Xiao Mei turned her head in his direction before she walked toward him with long strides; panic evidently spread on her face.

"M-Mr. Cheng...Y-Yuyu...Yuyu...hosp-...but she...Mr. Cheng...I-"

"Xiao Mei, breath. "Finding his hands cupping her cheeks and his concerned eyes directed at her, she heaved a long breath and somewhat relaxed.

Finally, collecting herself, she uttered the reason for her concern, "Yulan is in hospital. Something happened to her."

Cheng Wei nodded before he said, "Alright, let's head there right now."

"Ah!" Xiao Mei suddenly exclaimed being lifted off the ground in a bridal carry.

Cheng Wei didn't stop and walked toward the entrance, "Your foot is bleeding, so please endure it for now."

Xiao Mei didn't complain and just held him tight.

Being in his embrace like this was helping her calm down a lot.

For some reason, now that she was with Cheng Wei, Xiao Mei felt that everything would be resolved.

However, Xiao Mei was far from being fully relieved as she muttered under her breath,

'Just what in the world happened to you, Yuyu... '

******

A/N:- Someone about to die? 

 

27