Chapter 8- Outing
1k 3 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Xiao Mei...I am aware that you want to change things between us but please don't force yourself. Not to talk about your injury." Cheng Wei's voice held slight uncertainty—not because he was unsure of his words for suggestion, but rather, whether his words might end up offending Xiao Mei.

Cheng Wei couldn't have even imagined that Xiao Mei would even know about the anniversary ceremony at all, given how least she was interested in things related to him. However, hearing her words, which suggested that Xiao Mei was looking forward to visiting his parents, left him dumbfounded.

In response, Xiao Mei sighed before he began, "I know it's hard to believe but Mr. Cheng, I do want to make things better between us. And missing the opportunity to attend my in-law's thirtieth anniversary would be anything but disgraceful and rude."

Hearing the term 'in-law' brought a sense of elation within Cheng Wei, however, he still was unsure why would she suddenly suggest this. 

Cheng Wei was about to reject her idea in the name of her injury, however, hearing her following words, he was left speechless.

"If you don't take me with you, I will call my mother-in-law and tell her how my husband has shackled me at home and don't let me go outside." The way she glared at him, was anything but threatening. If anything, Cheng Wei found it utterly adorable when Xiao Mei's left cheek bulged in complaint.

He lost all his reasoning at that moment, and the only response he could mutter was,

"I will arrange the gifts."

A blooming smile extended Xiao Mei's lips hearing that as she chimed, "Thank you."

****

Once Cheng Wei left, Xiao Mei returned to her room and after taking a long soothing bath, she changed into a pair of ankle-length jeans and a white shirt, paired up with sneakers. 

She was planning to go out and see the world alone after spending her days in this room.

...although she planned to just play around a bit and see the city, she decided to deal with a certain someone first.

Taking out her phone, she opened the chat box of the person who had sent her more than eighty-four texts since last night.

'Ugh...does this guy not have a life?' Xiao Mei accepts that her past self used to talk to this guy named Wang Lin, but still, this simply was too much.

And, now that Xiao Mei has decided to change her way of life, chatting with this guy seems nothing but an unfaithful act for her.

Maybe it was not that extreme for many people to have healthy chats with their ex-boyfriend even though they are married, but Xiao Mei considered it as cheating, nothing less.

Without bothering to read his long paragraph texts which signify how much he loves her and how he misses all the lovely moments they had, Xiao Mei sent a straightforward text to the person,

[Meet me in the Cafe Daylight near our uni, at five.]

The reply was instant, 

[I will be waiting.]

Xiao Mei was about to close the phone screen and head down when a familiar name began flashing on the screen. Without much thought, she picked up,

"Hey, Yuyu."

[Meimei? What happened to you? Why aren't you replying to any of my texts?]

Hearing the complaining voice, which was edging toward scolding, Xiao Mei wryly smiled before responding,

"There were a lot of texts, so yours got scrambled. Anyway, where are you?"

The person on the phone was Xiao Mei's best friend—Zhang Yulan, and someone Xiao Mei blindly trusted until she didn't get married.

The reason they began distancing a little these days, is that Zhang Yulan suggested in the initial phase of Xiao Mei's marriage, that she should stop seeing Wang Lin. 

Zhang Yulan also considered it a betrayal that Xiao Mei was seeing her ex behind her husband's back, however, from Xiao Mei's point of view, Cheng Wei was never her husband, and as such, she had a heated argument with Zhang Yulan.

In the end, Zhang Yulan apologized for being 'insensitive', and they made up. However, it was evident that unlike in the past, Xiao Mei doesn't get along with Zhang Yulan that much now.

[...? I am at my restaurant. Why do you ask?] The way Zhang Yulan seemed baffled by Xiao Mei's casual query, signified the distance she had created with her friend.

"Alright, I am coming there."

[Wait, wait. If you want to meet, I can come to you.]

"Why, you don't want to feed me something good anymore, Yuyu?" Xiao Mei, deliberately pretended to sound wronged and innocent. 

With a sigh, the person from the other side responded,

[Fine, you can come here. But don't drive yourself, alright?]

"Mm, kay."

With that, Xiao Mei disconnected the call and walked toward the mirror. 

She was looking fine with her hair tied in a ponytail, and light makeup enhancing her beauty. While Xiao Mei was new to this makeup and stuff, it wasn't like she was entirely unaware of using the resources as well.

With the help of online videos and following her instincts, she added a simple touch-up and walked out of the house.

Xiao Mei was going to change a lot of things today.

*****

A/N:- Drop a comment.

47