Chapter 1
194 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Holding my Grampa's old vacpac, I walked through the wilderness, picking up any plorts as I go. My bad luck has followed me everywhere, with none of my slimes actually staying docile for very long. All of them ended up as Tarr sooner or later and I never knew how or why.

As I walked, I stumbled on a strange pit filled with what looked like coal tar, something I have no idea formed with how much of this plant is slime. Leaning forward but not falling in, I observed it closely, hoping to find an answer.

Unable to find any answers to my questions, I turned to go back home, when a feral Boom-hunter slime largo jumped at me, knocking me into the pit. I felt my skin burn and my bones dissolve, but I could still think clearly despite all the pain, until I felt no pain any longer, and scared I tried to scramble out of the pit.

Covered in what looked like Tarr slime, I successfully got back onto land, only to realize that it wasn't that I was covered in slime, but that I had become a Tarr. Shocked, my body moved on instinct and latched onto the largo that had knocked me into the pit and drew it closer to me.

My mouth expanded and ate it whole, my body growing slightly larger as a result. Coldly I began to recover from the shock, I stood on my new slimy legs and walked home. Right I wanted to just sleep for a bit and avoid any contact with the slimes.

***

Reaching my decrepit ranch, I noticed that all my corralled slimes had turned into Tarr once more, but instead of attacking me they seemed to ignore me out right, I even saw one eat a chicken and produce an iridescent plort. Entering my house, I decided to create a list of pros and cons for my new body.

Pros: Tarr's ignore me and even produce plorts around me.

I don't require as much food to live.

I can control every part of my body and even eat slimes.

Feral Slimes are afraid of me.

Cons:

I'm a Tarr.

I can't interact with normal slimes without them fearing me.

It's messy

"Well I now know that this is a far better body than my human one."

*Ring!*

Suddenly the range exchange began to ring, and desperate for some friendly faces I put on a heavy coat and answered it.

"Mira Descent! Are you ok!? Your Vacpac's vital tracker hasn't been giving out readings!"

"Yes I'm fine, I just ran into some trouble with feral slimes, and my vacpac was destroyed in the conflict."

"Ok But please explain why none of the Tarrs in the background are attacking you?"

"Well... I was somehow turned into a Tarr, I currently trying to hide it but the way it happened is complicated."

"Mira, I'm a Slimologist, I study slimes and their nature, it should be impossible for that to happen."

Pulling off my coat, I showed off my iridescent black body, and its goopy tarr nature.

"Well it's the truth, so deal with it Viktor."

*Mumbles*"This is unprecedented, I should study this transformation in detail."

"What was that Viktor?"

"Oh! well I'll be opening a portal to my lab, so please stop by so I can study your body's composition, this the first recorded instance of a slime human hybrid, and I must study how it happened."

"Oh! I should mention that it seems that Tarr produce plorts when I'm around, so maybe that can intrigue you as well."

"Oh! Well I set up an exchange, get me at least three of the Tarr plorts and I'll give you some plorts from a rad slime."

"Deal, just wait here for a sec."

Grabbing three plorts in my hands, I inserted then into the range exchange, three bright green plorts then dropped out of the machine and I felt my instincts tell me to consume them, but resisted as I still need money. Picking each of them up I inserted them into the Plort market, I can't sell Tarr plorts as they don't have an agreed upon price so this will have to be my main source of income.

Since the Tarr hadn't gotten into my chicken coop yet, and Viktor hung up after the exchange was Completed, I decided to practice shapeshifting, changing my arm into a blade, then a whip, and finally into a mace. My grandfather may have had a prominent place in the slime market, but I have a slime's body so I can try going to more dangerous places.

Tarr have traits of multiple slime types when they form, though most have the traits of pink slime as that's what they form from. I have seen however a puddle Tarr formed from a puddle slime that was eaten by a tarr, and it was immune to water which normally kills tarr, so maybe I should eat a puddle slime.

No, wait what am I thinking, my instincts must be stronger than I think, why would I eat an adorable puddle slime? Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I realized my folly, I was a Tarr now, and I would need to act like one to survive, so eating slimes is just one more thing to get used to.

Looking at the Tarrs that sprawl my ranch, I noticed one hopping towards me, it was a Tabby Tarr, easily identifiable by the playful attitude and the fact it wasn't turning invisible at random. picking it up, I gently stroked its small head, it seemed that this one has the traits of a Tiny Slime, a slime species unique to the lands I live in.

They are half the size of normal slimes and even when they become a largo they only reach the size of a normal slime, making them one of the most adorable slimes according to japan. Though seeing as Japan loves all the slime on the Far Far Range, that isn't a very hard title to earn.

"I'll call you Pit, and you'll be my Tarr Pit."

5