Chapter 40: Zephyr’s Barricade
141 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside the walls of the port, Mira and Maria were training with their new weapon forms.

 

"Haaaah haaaah" Maria panted.

 

"Shouldn't you stop using Demon Fang? Or at the very least take a break from using it. You might actually suffocate for all we know." Mira warned as she sat down.

 

"It won't. Probably?" Maria waved off Mira's warning.

 

"Why is that a question?" Mira muttered. "Where is Iar anyway?."

 

"On his way." Tianna said.

 

"Why doesn't he use one of those teleport scroll things?" Maria asked between swings.

 

"Because they're expensive." Tianna said. "Anyway, he'l be here in about 2 hours."

 

"Hey Mira. What are you going to do if Doll appears again?" Maria asked.

 

"I don't know." Mira sighed.

 

"Better train your skills then." Mercy suggested.  "Maybe make your next petal a defensive one."

 

"Defense, huh?" Mira muttered as she thought about possible defensive measures. "What about sending some wind to deflect ranged attacks and its also pushes away melee attacks?"

 

"Wind isn't that strong though." Maria said.

 

"Are you sure you've got my memories?" Mira asked in disbelief.

 

"What?" Maria asked confusedly.

 

"Wind can lift the average person up." Mira said, "At speeds lower than you might think."

 

"I don't know how strong wind was in your world, but some wind blown in specific directions and speeds can lift up the adventurer's guild if they didn't take safety precautions." Jule informed Mira. "So using wind as a form of protection is a pretty good idea."

 

"Great. I'm going to get started. Tell me when Iar finally arrives." Mira said.

 


 

"You're finally here. Took you long enough." Tianna said as she noticed her father's arrival.

 

"The bus was delayed okay? What's Mira doing? Wait, 1, 2..." Iar counted the number of clones Mira now had. "Why does Mira have 3 clones now? And she looks like a blend of you and Mira."

 

"Do you have a counting problem? Can you not count to 3 in your head?" Mercy said, "Anyways no, we have 2 other sisters now. Mariana! Introduce yourselves."

 

"Wait, yourselves?" Iar asked.

 

"Hi there, I'm Mariana." Mariana introduced herself.

 

"Hey. So why do you have stitches running up your body?" Iar asked.

 

"Fashion preference." Mariana jokingly said.

 

"Fashion Preference?" Iar raised his eyebrow. "Seriously?"

 

"No." Mariana said, "Its so I can do this..."

 

As Mariana's stitches fell of her body, she began to split in half, Iar was horrified at the scene playing before his eyes.

 

"What the fuck. Is she okay? Is she dead?" Iar asked as the internal organs of both Mary and Anna were being formed from mana.

 

"Relax." Mercy said.

 

"Hey, I'm Mary!" Mary cheerfully introduced herself.

 

"I'm Anna." Anna said in the same cheerful tone as her twin.

 

"Fuck that feels weird, no matter how many times we do it." Mary said.

 

"Gotta agree sis." Anna agreed with a pained look.

 

"They're... weird, to say the least." Mercy sighed before warning them, "No playing roulette. Understood?"

 

"Fine." Mary and Anna pouted.

 

"Roulette? Anyway, what's Mira doing?" Iar asked.

 

"So basically..." As Mercy was explaining what Mira was doing, she felt an unnaturally strong gust of wind suddenly hit their direction. Alarmed, Mercy slung her rifle off her back and got ready to shoot at whoever was using magic.

 

"It's magic... Guess that'll do for now." Mira muttered. "Hey Mercy. Shoot me."

 

"What? Did you say 'shoot me'?" Mercy asked for confirmation.

 

"Yes. Just trust me." Mira said as she braced for the bullets impact.

 

*BANG*

 

*THWIP*

 

The bullet flew towards Mira before hitting an invisible barrier and ricocheting into a tree.

 

"Anyone know magic?" Mira asked, "Maria, try using magic."

 

"Okay." Maria tried to imagine fire taking the shape of an arrow soaring towards Mira. In the air, fire slowly appeared, forming an arrow. As it started to fly towards Mira, the arrow dissipated. "Guess we still can't use magic."

 

"I can do it." Jule said as a water javelin appeared above her. "Ready?"

 

"Ready." Mira nodded in confirmation.

 

Jule sent the javelin soaring through the air. As it neared where the bullet hit the barrier, The javelin pierced through the barrier before being dissipated due to the strength of the wind.

 

"Guess the barrier isn't some omnipotent solution to defence. Maria, try attacking me with a sword or something. Use a melee weapon." Mira analyzed.

 

"Okay." Maria changed the Demon Fang to Pain so that she wouldn't accidentally hurt Mira if something goes wrong. As she charged towards Mira, she felt her feet slightly leave the ground. Every step further caused her to levitate further and further up. Seeing that Mira was in swinging distance of her halberd, Maria changed Pain to Demon Fang and swung it at her.

 

*CRASH*

 

As she was about to swing, the wind barrier threw her towards a tree.

 

"Quite effective..." Mira praised her barrier.

 

"Why didn't it send me flying before?" Maria asked.

 

Dispelling her barrier, Mira imitated Maria's stance, "You see the motion you made when you were about to swing? That triggered the barrier to launch you away. The barrier is somewhat sentient I guess, but it takes a toll on me if I use it for too long."

 

"So this is your 5th petal?" Maria asked as she stood up.

 

"No. This is more magic than swordsmanship. Even for this bullshitting world, it's not considered a sword technique." Mira said as she looked at her status screen.

 

Name: Mira

Age: 17

Titles: Prodigy, Reincarnator, Sword Saint, Master Marksman, The One Loved By Mana, Feared by the Past Lives, Ex-Deity, Feeling Lucky?, Laverna's Incarnation

Inherited Abilities:

Teleportation

Dimensional Dwelling

Laverna's Soul Eyes

Laverna's Successor

Inhuman Memory

Memories of Past Incarnations

Time Strand Manipulation

Learnt Skills:

Mana Manipulation

Mana Strengthening

Red Velvet Swordsmanship

Nine Hells Swordsmanship

Serene Mind

Ammo Creation

Hawk's Eye

Karate*

Zephyr's Barricade*

 

"Karate must be because Mercy was learning it. But who's Zephyr?" Mira muttered as she scoured Laverna's memories, "Hmmm. Lycoris did mention that the dark gods were being suppressed by a human rebellion that was on our side. Maybe Zephyr was one of those people."

 

Zephyr's Barricade

A barrier made of wind to deflect ranged and melee attacks. The barrier is imbued with Zephyr's will and is sentient to an extent and can recognise when an opponent that is trapped by the barrier is about to attack when conjoured. Uses a lot of mana to cast and maintain.

4