Chapter 42: Lunar Match Attack
126 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A journalist's notebook:

 

8:34 - I woke up. My colleagues had already gone exploring, so I followed suit.

 

10:00 - The train is massive. I spent almost 2 hours walking through the cafeteria. There are still a huge number of carriages remaining to explore.

 

12:00 - As I was walking through one of the many carriages, some people huddled together in a corner. They're either really intimate with each other, or trying to act suspicious. I carried on my expedition and ignored them.

 

14:05 - I've heard gunfire, looking to find out where it came from. I left my weapons in my room.


 

After hearing the gunfire, the journalist ran towards his carriage. Unluckily for him, the gunshots rang out louder as he approached his room.

 

*BANG BANG BANG*

 

Seeing a pile of corpses on the floor, the journalist puked onto the ground. The pile of corpses contained people who were part of the security team, the occasional elf dressed in a robe decorated with stars, and even civilians.

 

"Wait, is that..." The journalist turned pale as he noticed a few of his colleagues in the pile. Seeing how many deaths there were, the journalist quickened his pace. Praying to any and every deity he knew, the journalist arrived at his room.

 

Quietly opening the door, he shut it hastily as he reached for his sword and Hemlock 20.

 

"Phew." The journalist sighed in relief now that he had a way of defending himself.

 

*CRASH*

 

Suddenly, the door to his room exploded as elves marched into his room.

 

"Oh shit." The journalist cursed as he shot at the men filtering into his room.

 

*RATATATA*

 

Machine gunfire ripped through the elves blocking the doorway, penetrating through them and the journalist. The elves left the journalist to bleed out and die.

 


 

Mira's POV:

 

"Why the fuck are people shooting on a train?" Mira annoyingly questioned a hostage that Maria had captured.

 

"Fuck off. I won't tell you anything!" The hostage snarled.

 

"Maria, torture her." Mira lazily waved at Maria.

 

"Do your worst! GLORY TO THE LUNAR MATCHES!" The hostage said as a moon appeared above her head. Suddenly, the hostage's soul left her body as she ascended towards the moon, only to be attacked by chains.

 

"Is this your doing?" Mira asked Maria.

 

"No." Maria shook her head.

 

"HAHAHAHA I THANK THE LUNAR GODS FOR ACCEPTING MY SOUL!" The hostage shouted out as her soul was ripped apart by the chains. With her soul dissipating, any signs of life in her physical body ceased.

 

"Guess we need to head towards the gunshots then." Mira said as she headed towards where the majority of gunshots came from.

 


 

Arriving in front of carriage 306, Mira heard the most and loudest gunshots yet. Signalling to Maria, Mira prepared to breach the carriage. Trying to kick the door down, Mira winced in pain.

 

'God damn is this thing tough.' Mira thought.

 

Using mana and the nearby debris to create an improvised breach charge, Mira placed it onto the reinforced nekros door.

 

'I need to ask Tianna what nekros is.' Mira mentally noted as she detonated the breach charge from afar. Seeing the door fly into carriage 306, Mira drew Sin and Sacrifice as she slowly and cautiously walked into the room.

 

*BANG*

 

Seeing a moving figure, Mira decided to shoot first and ask questions later.

 

*CRASH*

 

An elf in Lunar Match uniform dropped onto the floor with a bullet in his head.

 

"Guess the one's wearing these robes are the bad guys." Mira thought aloud.

 

Checking every room for survivors, Mira found 10 wounded civilians, 5 critically wounded security officers and 7 injured children. Walking towards the last room of carriage 306, Mira saw a pile of corpses.

 

"Cover your eyes children." Mira warned as she continued to walk forwards.

 

Entering the last room, Mira came face to face with a journalist's body riddled with bullet holes.

 

'Machine guns? Or multiple people shooting at him.' Mira thought, noticing the sheer amount of bullets in the journalist's body. 'Probably the latter.'

 

*COUGH*

 

Suddenly, the journalist slightly opened his eyes. Seeing a multitude of people without the robes that the Lunar Match lunatics wore, the journalist warned them.

 

"W-Watch out. There was a lot more gunfire towards carriage 300." The journalist said between coughs.

 

"Hang on, we'll get you patched up soon." Mira tried to comfort the journalist.

 

"There's no point. I'll die from blood loss soon." The journalist said before strength left his body as his head hung low.

 

Checking his pulse, a security officer shook her head.

 

"He's dead." the slightly wounded officer said.

 

"Towards carriage 300 then." Mira said, "Anywhere we can drop the wounded and children off?"

 

"We could try the security office, but I highly doubt it would still be safe. Lunar Match are known to be crazy, dangerous and meticulous in their attacks after all. I doubt they would leave the security office untouched." The security officer said.

 

Apologies for disappearing for 3 days. Procrastination stopped me from writing. On a side note, this chapter is more planned compared to other chapters. Would you prefer some chapters being more planned but slower chapter releases or all chapters being less planned but releases are a bit faster?

Note: Not all chapters will be planned as I may be in a rush to get a chapter out.

P.S: Apart from the start and end of the novel, nothing was planned. So if you want a fully planned novel, I will have to wring my already almost dry brain for ideas on scenarios, skills, characters etc. which will take a while.

2