Chapter 45: A Full Mask Might Save You, A Broken One Won’t
96 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I welcome you to try." Eclipse said with a small bow.

 

Dashing forwards, Mira thrusted Sweet Poison towards Eclipses chest. Seeing that Eclipse was about to dodge, Mira activated [Zephyr's Barricade].

 

"Hahaha, well done." Eclipse applauded before disappearing.

 

Appearing atop the throne of skulls, multiple versions of Eclipse appeared, each holding different weapons.

 

*BANG*

 

One of the Eclipses shot at Mira as he provided support for the others.

 

Using red mist, Mira infused a stronger paralysing chemical into it. Pulling up her scarf, Mira stabbed the necks of the paralysed clones of Eclipse. Blinking in front of Eclipse, Mira thrust her dagger into him again.

 

*CRASH*

 

Before the dagger made contact, Mira got sent flying due to another gust of wind.

 

"Given up yet?" Eclipse asked as he slowly walked towards her.

 

"Fine. You gonna kill me?" Mira said.

 

"Yes. In the most excruciating way possible. You deserve a reward for being able to harm me afterall." Eclipse said.

 

"Well, I wholeheartedly refuse." Mira said as she suddenly dashed towards him with Soothing Breeze.

 

"A fan? What's that gonna do?" Eclipse mocked.

 

"This." Mira said as she closed the fan and thrusted it into his thigh.

 

"Well done. how unexpected." Eclipse chuckled as some blood dripped under his mask, "I'm afraid that won't stop me though."

 

"Indeed. But this might." Mira said as she relinquished control over her body to Maria.

 

"Hi there!" Maria cheerfully said, "Now die."

 

Swinging Demon Fang, Maria targeted Eclipse's mask.

 

*CRACK*

 

The part of Eclipse's mask that surrounding his eye broke off, yet he was unharmed.

 

"Damn that mask is durable." Maria complimented.

 

"Can it stop a bullet though?" Mercy said as she drew White Death at lightning fast speed and pointed it at Eclipse. Loading a nekros covered cartridge.

 

*BANG*

 

Contrary to Mercy's expectations, The bullet broke off the already slightly broken white side of Eclipse's mask, but failed to penetrate further and kill or injure Eclipse.

 

"How the fuck is your mask this durable?" Mercy asked in disbelief as Mira took over again.

 

"NOW" Mira shouted as she drew Sin and Sacrifice and unloaded a barrage of nekros bullets at Eclipse.

 

Behind Eclipse, Mariana rose and drew her revolvers. Turning around and ignoring the pain of the bullets piercing his skin, Eclipse threw a volley of throwing knives, with a few explosive ones mixed in.

 

"What's up fucker. Ya missed me?" Mariana grinned as she dodged the throwing knives that Eclipse threw at her. Seeing one flying directly at her head, Mariana dashed towards it. Just before it made contact with her head, Mariana split.

 

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Eclipse shouted as he watched Mary and Anna use the dense ambient mana to speed up the process of forming their internal and missing organs.

 

Throwing another two knives at where Mary and Anna were, Eclipse quickly made some distance between them. Reloading, Mira sent another barrage of bullets as she tried to charge Sin.

 

Making a split-second decision, Mary and Anna gave up on forming their other halves and joined together again.

 

'Why can't I use the ability of Sin?' Mira asked.

 

<<Inspect it.>> Mercy said.

 

Sin

A black revolver from a distant origin. Ability unlocked when it is united with its other half.

Ability: Power up your bullet at the expense of your inhibitions! Warning: Recoil from the powered up bullet is STILL there. You will become more sinful as you use this ability. (Ability locked to Mary.)

Soul Bound: Mira + Maria + Mercy + Mary

 

'Fuck.' Mira swore as she continued shooting at Eclipse in hopes of diverting his attention.

 

"Fuck off." Eclipse said as he sent Mira flying into a wall again.

 

*CRASH*

 

Feeling her vision darkening, Mira looked at the battle once more before blacking out.

 


 

'Guess we gotta end this quickly. We don't know whether the injuries Mira sustained from the bomb or Eclipse are serious or not. Guess this means we need to charge up another bullet.' Mariana thought, 'Need a nekros bullet though. Couldn't they have sent me the information!'

 

Looking at where Mira was, Mariana saw that the chambers of her revolvers still had nekros covered bullets in them.

 

Smirking, Mariana proceeded to lead the battle closer to where Mira was. Slowly but surely, their battle was moved directly atop Mira's body. Quickly swooping down to eject one of the cartridges from Mira's Sin, Mariana used Sacrifice to distract Eclipse. Holding down the trigger, Mariana saw the bar slowly fill up.

 

'HURRY THE FUCK UP.' Mariana complained as she saw the bar slowly getting dragged to the top.

 

Staying at bay, Mariana continued to annoy Eclipse using rubber bullets.

 

"FUCKING SHOOT REAL BULLETS ALREADY." Eclipse shouted in frustration at trying his hardest to avoid toy rubber bullets for the past 20 minutes.

 

'FINALLY' Mariana thought with relief as she started advancing towards Eclipse.

 

Dodging, weaving and jumping through the volley of throwing knives, Mariana shot down the ones she couldn't avoid or suspected to be explosive with Sacrifice.

 

Arriving in front of Eclipse, Mariana placed Sin on his head, with half the barrel peaking over the broken side of the mask.

 

"It's high noon fucker." Mariana said.

 

"Well done." Eclipse said with relief before whispering something to Mariana.

 

Looking into his eyes, Mariana saw that he had accepted his defeat.

 

*BANG*

 

Pulling the trigger, Mariana immediately let go of Sin and watched it go flying into the wall. The half of Eclipse's head that wasn't protected by the mask had completely disintegrated.

 

*CRASH*

 

Seeing the damage of Sin's impact, Mariana felt cold sweat run down her back.

 

'I would've died if I didn't let go of Sin.' Mariana thought.

3