Chapter 35: Broken and Remade.
229 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mira and her group walked towards the plaza. In the center of the plaza, was a massive stone statue that depicted an entire scene.

 

"A hydra?" Mira asked, pointing to the stone statue. The statue showed a dragon with three heads on a podium, along with dozens more severed heads on the base of the statue. Standing atop the severed heads, was a lone elf who seemed to have been fighting the three headed dragon with their gun and sword.

 

"It's who the majority of the residents of this town idolize. The Hydra Killer, Lukas." Tianna answered.

 

"No cultists or anythings right?" Maria asked.

 

"There shouldn't be." Jule said, "Most elves believe in 1 God. Most of the populace in Port Hydra believe the Hydra Killer is that god's apostle."

 

"So mentioning the fact we're Cursed by Deities is a no no?" Maria quietly asked.

 

"Definitely." Brian said.

 


 

"Wow, the people here really love Lukas don't they." Mira said as she noticed the sheer amount of merchandise based on Lukas.

 

"Yup." Jule said with a tinge of annoyance.

 

"Why are you so annoyed?" Mira asked.

 

"Because the thing I believed in all my life is being undermined by these people, not to mention the fact that it was false." Jule revealed before mildly speeding up.

 

Stopping by a stall to buy a book called Tale of Lukas the Hydra Slayer, Mira dug through her pockets to look for her wallet. Failing to find her wallet, Mira looked around to try and find anyone who seemed to be suspicious and likely to have pickpocketed her.

 

*TAP TAP TAP*

 

Suddenly, a hooded figure ran up a wall and tried to escape via the roof.

 

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" Mira shouted as she teleported onto the roof of a nearby house and chased after the unknown perpetrator.

 

"Hey. Ya missed me?" A familiar voice called out from behind her.

 

"Loki! You bastard!" Mira said angrily, "Why are you here?"

 

"To show you my newest creation!" Loki happily announced with a grin. "Away from the eyes of the watchful gods. After all, even by the evil gods' standards, what I have done is very taboo. Behold..."

 

The cloaked thief reappeared next to Loki. Lowering their cloak, Loki covered their face with his hands before slowly removing his fingers from their face.

 

"Behold... Your good friend Freya! or Emily!" Loki continued with an evil smirk as he lifted his hands from Freya's face. Her once beautiful face was riddled by scars and burns. Under the cloak, Mira could see that her body was bruised and had been cut. Her eyes had lost their shine as she followed every order Loki gave to 'show' Mira the 'tricks' his new pet could do. "It was soooo~ fun, breaking her. You should have seen her soul! But I, being the merciful god that I am, stopped torturing her soul and started torturing her body instead! I even gave her a new name as well! She loves being called Doll after all! Kuhuhuhuhu."

 

"YOU. FUCKING. BASTARD!" Mira said as she drew her sword.

 

"Stop." Doll raspily said with her sword drawn, "No one touches His Graciousness."

 

"Don't get in the way Emily!" Mira said as she felt the situation was about to flare up. She swung her sword at Loki, only to be blocked by Doll's sword.

 

"Do not escalate this into a skirmish." Doll said as she silently muttered some incoherent words. "Withdraw before I attack."

 

"Honest word of warning, I may have trained it a bit too hard. It is incredibly strong and fierce with a sword. It may have also gone a bit insane, so ignore its incoherent muttering. Never was able to fix that side of it." Loki stopped smiling and warned Mira, "Why am I warning you? Why, it would be no fun if you broke already after all? Doll~, why not have some 'fun' with your old friend?"

 

"Yes, Your Gracious, I will have 'fun' with my friend." Doll said as she approached Mira with her sword drawn. Suddenly, a concerned and desperate voice escaped Doll's mouth, "MIRA RUN!"

 

"EMILY!" Mira screamed in concern and relief.

 

"My my, seems your friend is still in there, hiding behind Doll. Guess I need to fix that later then." Loki said as he pointed his finger at Mira, "Doll, start 'playing' with your friend here. I'll entertain our unwanted guests."

 

Disappearing from Doll's side, Loki reappeared in front of Maria and the other's, who finally caught up to them.

 

"GET BACK HERE LOKI!" Mira screeched with new hope.

 

*CLANG*

 

Doll blocked Mira sword before counter attacking.

 

*CLANG*

 

*CLASH*

 

*PSHUII*

 

*CRACK*

 

*CLANG*

 

Countless wounds appeared on Mira's body as she clashed with Doll, meanwhile Mira was unable to inflict any harm to Doll due to her skill in wielding her sword. Despite Doll's sword breaking, Doll was still able to cause one last injury to Mira before retreating to Loki's side.

 

"Your graciousness, my sword has broken." Doll curtsied to Loki, purposely showing her heavily injured body to Felicia and Jule.

 

"YOU BASTARD!" Jule screamed as she drew her Hemlock and shot at Loki. "MIRA! FELICIA! HELP ME WITH THIS BASTARD BEFORE HE ESCAPES AGA-!"

 

*COUGH*

 

*CRASH*

 

Succumbing to her injuries, Mira went unconscious and collapsed onto the floor after she coughed up blood.

 

"MIRA!" Tianna shouted as she drew her Hemlock and sword.

7