2. The Beginning of Life Below the Red Line for the Two ‘Dragons’
62 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere within Pangaea Castle, a day after Hamilton renounced his title

Inside one of the rooms of the fortress that the World Nobles called their home, five people had occupied the room and they looked to be having a conversation on the events that had taken place only a few hours ago.

“To think that one of our own would actually renounce their divine birthright?” a tall man who covered his face with what looked like the skull of a bull said, the disbelief clear in his voice.

“My thoughts exactly. I never thought such a preposterous act would actually happen during my lifetime.” an elderly man who was wearing a white overcoat that had a bunch of medallions pinned to it shared his thoughts on the new development from where he sat within the room.

“Well, I always felt like that fool would do something that would disgrace us sooner or late. After all, I have seen some glaring changes to the way he acts towards slaves ever since that fateful day.” a young man with light hair that was shaped like the upper half of a crescent moon stated his opinion on the man they were discussing.

“I feel sorry for you and Saint Warren. Hamilton really ended up causing problems for you, didn't he?” a young woman with orange hair that was styled in a upward pointing ponytail said as she looked at the young blonde man with shoulder-length hair that was standing right next to her.

“Hmph, I do not care what he does from hereon out. As far as Warren and I are concerned, he is no longer our brother for the actions that he has committed.” the young blonde man bluntly said to his fellow World Noble.

“What have the Five Elders said about this turn of events?” another woman with shoulder-length, light blue hair that was styled in a bob cut asked the other four World Nobles that had gathered within the room.

“They have ordered us to leave the fool alone and let him suffer among the insects that live below the Red Line.” the young, blonde man said as he continued to scowl.

“Oh? Is that so? Well if they say that is what must be done, then so be it. I must say, it would be interesting to see how he and his daughter will manage to survive in the surface alongside the insects that inhabit this world” the female World Noble with light blue hair said with some glee at the prospect of seeing the former World Noble suffer at the hands of those she considers as beneath her. 

“Enough about talk about that human. I think that we should discuss about other more pressing matters.” the elderly World Noble demanded of the people gathered in the large room, to which the four other World Nobles complied to and began discussing other matters that involved them.

 ‘If I ever find that fool or his daughter again, I promise that I will execute them on site for the blasphemous act that they have committed.’ the blonde man in the room vowed to himself before giving his full attention to the new topic that his fellow World Noble were talking about.

A certain island in the South Blue, four days after Hamilton arrived at the island 

Within the town square of the island where the former World Noble Hamilton and his daughter currently resided in, there was a small group of people who looked to be in their thirties and forties had gathered around the plaza of the town. And they could see a mysterious man wearing a clown mask and a white, baggy shirt and trousers could be seen standing at the center of the plaza.

“To all the people on this lovely island raising the next generation, I bring you good news! For I have come bearing gifts for the little ones of this wonderful town! If you wish to your kids to have some of the best toys that the world has ever seen, then come check out our brand new store ‘Nora’s Toy Factory’! And I guarantee you that you will find some top quality toys with the cheapest prices when you come by!” the masked man told the people that had gathered around the plaza about the new store in town.

‘How many more times is this clown going to talk about some stupid toy store? Nobody cares!’ one of the bystanders thought to himself after seeing the man promote the brand new toy store for third time this week.

‘Does he really think that he’s going to be able to outsell my beloved, hand-made toys with an advertising campaign like that? I’ve already won the hearts of every parent in this town with the toys that I make.’ a middle-aged woman  wearing a green summer dress with shoulder-length brown hair that was tied in a pig ponytail thought to herself as she continued to observe her new competition.

‘Oh, so there’s a new toy store in town? Guess I’ll check it out after work. It wouldn’t hurt if I checked out the store just this once. There might actually be some decent toys located in the store.’ a man wearing a pair of overalls and a white shirt thought to himself.

‘It looks like I’ll have to start spreading out more fliers throughout the town if I want to make this work.’ the masked man thought to himself after observing the faces of most of the people that were gathered in front of him.

During the afternoon, inside the Nora’s Toy Factory

“And while the people of the island were panicking because of the giant pirate that had come to this town, one young lad stood in front of the large brute while some of us nervously watched due to our fear of the giant. You know what the boy said to the nasty pirate? ‘What’s a weakling like you doing in these seas?’ Bwahahaha!” the elderly man told the little girl sitting on his lap as he laughed while remembering what the boy said that day.

“And he said all of this while shaking in his boots at the sight of the giant standing in front of him.” the elderly man told the girl, who was paying a lot of attention to the story that she was being told.

The young girl's face began to turn pale the moment she heard what the old man told her what the boy said to the giant’s face.

But before she could make her concerns known to the old man, he stopped his fit of laughter and presumed to tell her the story from where he left of.

“But right before the giant could attack the boy for what he had said, someone came out of nowhere, jumped towards the large brute and punched him right on that big, fat nose of his, knocking him out for good! And when we got a good look at the face of the boy’s saviour,it turned out that it was a famous upstart marine that had saved the boy.” the old man said as he jovially recounted the events that had witnessed to the little girl sitting on his lap.

“Huh? The giant was knocked out by a single punch of a marine?” the girl exclaimed with awe in her eyes.

“That’s right little one. This man is currently one of the most well-known marines in this day and age and we got to see him in action back when he wasn’t as well known as he is today.” the aged man said as he patted the little girl’s head.

“Can you tell me who he is? Please, please, please?” the green-haired girl adorably asked the elderly man, now wanting to know the name of the heroic marine in the story of the old man had just told her.

“Well, he is known as…” the elderly man began to answer her question before the door leading to the toy store was opened and the man with the clown mask entered the store.

Once the young girl saw who had entered the store, she immediately forgot the question that she was about to ask the aged man she had been talking to and began to run as fast as her little feet could and hugged one of the mysterious man’s legs when she was close enough to do so.

“Daddy! I missed you so much!” the little girl shouted as loudly as she could while she continued to tightly hug the leg of the man with the clown mask.

“I missed you too my little angel! How was your day today?” Hamilton asked his daughter as he picked her up and moved her towards his chest in order to hug his beloved daughter.

“It was awesome! Mr. Truman was showing me all the cool toys that he was planning to sell, and then he began to tell me all these amazing stories!” the little girl said as she told her father how she spent her time with the elderly man.

“I’m happy to hear that you were enjoying your stay with Mr. Truman today, my little angel. Now, go and bring some of the stuff that you brought with you today. We’ll be leaving soon.” the blonde man in disguise happily told his daughter as he continued to hug her.

“Yes Daddy!” Valerie answered to her father’s request once he let her go, before she made her way to one of the rooms within the store they were currently in.

“It’s nice to see you’re doing well Mr. Truman!” Hamilton greeted the elderly man in front of him.

“Nice to see you back again Hamilton! I must say, you’ve done an excellent work of raising Valerie over here. She’s really a pleasure to be around.” Mr. Truman told the former World Noble in front of him a warm smile.

“Glad to hear it Mr. Truman! It’s nice to see that my little one can be around a man as nice as you.” the middle-aged man in disguise gratefully told the old man as he made his way to one of the rooms within the toy store.

“How was your day today, Hamilton?” the elderly man asked once he made his way into the room.

“It was good I guess. Even if most of the people in the crowd were simply staring at me with bored out of their minds, I get the feeling that we might have our first customer soon, because a few of the people in the crowd were actually interested in checking out the store” the blonde man said from the room that he had just entered.

“Well, I hope you’re right Hamilton my boy. Because if I don’t have any customers soon, I might have to close this shop and leave this island for good.” the old man solemnly stated to the blonde man he was talking to .

“Don’t worry about that Mr. Truman! I’ll do everything I can in order to make this  shop a world-renown shop someday! And if worst comes to worst, I’ll be by your side no matter the outcome of the situation.” Hamilton reassured the elderly man.

“I appreciate the gesture young man, but I’ll be fine without your help. You should just move on with your own life if the shop doesn’t get any customers soon.” Mr. Truman told the blonde man with a bittersweet smile on his face.

“Come now Mr. Truman, don’t say that! I can’t simply…” Hamilton, who was now wearing a different set of clothing, began to speak  as he exited the room that he was occupying for a brief moment before his daughter made her way towards him.

“We’ll finish this discussion next time, Mr. Truman.” the single father said before he grabbed one of his daughter's hands and left the toy store.

A few minutes after the sun set, hours after Hamilton had exited the toy store

If one were to look closely into one of the alleyways found within the island where Hamilton and Valerie would now call their home, two people could be seen talking to each other with hushed tones about the new residents of the island.

‘*Is it really true that two former World Nobles are trying to live in my town as thought they were regular citizens?* a large figure with a broad build whispered angrily to the other figure that was talking to him.

*That’s right! I managed to eavesdrop on the conversation that a few of the higher ranking marines were talking about during one of their briefings.* the other figure, a man of average build smugly said to the unknown figure he was discreetly conversing with.

*Thank you for bringing this piece of news to me, my dear comrade. I’ll make sure that those monstrosities will suffer without the marines knowing about it.* the larger figure grimly whispered back in response to the unknown person he was currently talking with.

*Don’t worry about the marines, it looks like they’ve been ordered to simply keep an eye out on the two abominations that have landed on this island. They won’t intervene if the people were to riot against them.* the figure with an average build reassured the larger person.

*Good. But just in case, I won’t mention this to the people that I plan to gather later on tonight.* the larger person in the alleyway whispered his response to the one who had provided the unexpected news.

*That would be the wise thing to do my dear friend. I look forward to seeing those filthy excuses for human beings getting what’s coming to them.* the mysterious figure that brought the information with the larger man whispered with a bit of excitement towards the end of the sentence before exiting the alleyway they were at.

‘But of course, we’re getting rid of one of the major illnesses of this world with what about to happen to those monsters.’ the larger figure thought to himself before following the second person’s example and leaving the alleyway.

Not long after the two figures left the alleyway, a discarded metal toy that just happened to be lying on the floor next to where the mysterious people had been standing on began to move away from the alleyway that the two mysterious people had been discreetly talking to each other.

Late in the evening, near the new residence of Hamilton and Valerie 

Out in the night sky at the outskirts of an island located within the seas of the South Blue, a large mob could be seen making their way towards a small, modest house that was slightly taller than the shorter trees in the area carrying pitchforks, torches, clubs and whatever other materials that angry mob people carried with them.

“To think that such a monster would decide to come down to the surface and live among us? It makes me sick to my stomach this was going to happen right under our noses!” one of the people from within the mob stated his disgust at the fact that such an evil person would decide to live side by side with the people of the land.

“You took the words right out of my mouth, brother! Let’s make him suffer for as long as possible before killing him for good!” another man from within the mob of people that was present shouted, to which the other members of the mob yelled in agreement.

“But what if that monster isn’t here right now? And what are we going to do if the marines find out what we plan to do here before we get the chance to enact our vengeance?” another voice shared her concerns with the rest of the mob.

“Then we’ll just have to track him down! And as for the marines on the island? Well…we’ve made sure that they’ll be occupied while we destroy this house and the owner for good!” the man who had suggested the torture of the target of their anger responded to the concerns that his fellow townsfolk had raised.

Once they reached the gateway that led to the modest living quarters of their target, they got to work on breaking down the thick gate that led into the small home.

Around twenty to forty people from the mob just so happened to bring with them cannon ball launchers which they fired repeatedly at the gates, while the rest of the others members of the mob began to surround the walls of the mansion in order to make sure that there would be no one from within the mansion would escape during their attack on the mansion.

After the gunners from the mob fired a few more shots at the mansion, they finally managed to destroy the gate leading to the mansion and began to make their way towards the mansion.

“Let’s burn this place down to the ground!” one of the gunners from the mob shouted out as he marched on towards the mansion itself along with his fellow gunners, ready to let out their rage against the one they considered as a monster beyond their wildest dreams.

 

 

2