Is this a robbery?
256 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Robber P.O.V.

Inside the jewelry store there is a tense atmosphere and, in addition to my gang, there are four other people.

The owner, who took a bullet in the shoulder as soon as he tried to fight back, a couple of newlyweds who will have come to buy wedding rings and a middle-aged man, who I hold close to, with the gun against his back.

Fortunately the man has understood his role as a hostage and is immobilized by fear.

Doing a robbery in the morning is usually a bad idea, however Mike said that heroes are busy with something about saving the world in Wakanda, so there should be no super looking after robbers like us now.

In case the police try to put a stick in our way, we got something for them. No one would give something like this to low-level criminals, so of course they use us as lab rats, but a friend of mine who tried it told me it was worth every penny.

'Go ahead, come and get us if you dare, you don't know what you're going to get into...'

"Mike, Jack. How much longer do you need?!" Robert exclaims with his SMG pointing at the owner, who holds his bleeding shoulder in his hand.

"How many times have I told you not to say our names out loud, Mr. Pink?! We're done, Mr. Bronw is getting off our bikes for our getaway from the van." Mike exclaims in an exasperated tone after returning from the back of the store.

"What a fucking stickler you are, we're in New York. Do you have any idea how many people call themselves Mike even within a hundred yards? We also have faces covered, that's enough to make us not recognize. Those stupid names are useless." Robert replies.

"I'd still like you to stick to the plan, is it a problem for you to control your fucking tongue, Mr. Pink?" Mike asked after taking it by the neck of the sweatshirt.

"If I may intrude, I think your friend is only acting like that because he's Mr. Pink. Maybe pink isn't macho enough for him? "

When we turn around to see who spoke, in front of us, hanging from a web upside down, there's the last person we wanted to see.

Spider-Man.

With extreme agility, the hero comes down from the web, and starts walking towards us after closing the back door from which Mike had entered.

"Man, we are in an evolved civilization friend, your masculinity does not cease to exist because of a stupid color... Unless yours was fragile from the start... If that were the case, no problem, I repeat, we are in an evolved civilization, I only have respect for my friends in the LGBTQ+ community, especially those still in their closet. Even criminals have the right to love and be loved by those they want right?" 

"What are you doing here?!" I exclaim as soon as I recover from the shock of his appearance

Following that exclamation, I point my gun at him, using the hostage as a human shield while Mike, Robert and I approach each other to stay together, ready to use our emergency plan.

"What am I doing here? I guess you're the smart one in the group, right? I am Spider-Travel Agent, I am here on behalf of my travel agency to inform you that you have won a nice trip. It's a one-way trip to the most visited tourist destination by those who do activities like yours, the prison. If you'll please follow me, I'm in a bit of a hurry."

"Damn it, Mike, you said if we did this thing this morning no hero would bother us!" esclama Robert furioso.

"I said there was a high chance that no fucking hero would come! It's not my fault this low-level hero is wasting his time here busting our balls instead of saving the world from yet another crisis!" Says Mike.

"Okay, okay, that hurt me, no need to be so mean... So Mike, you're the one who suggested we do a robbery in broad daylight? And I thought he was the smart one in the group. You know, because of you, I'm gonna be late for something, so instead of continuing to argue with each other, let's move on to the part where you realize you're cornered and you try to rebel in vain, like your friend I met earlier?" He asks as he again shortens the distances between us and him.

"See?! Now he knows my fucking name!" Mike says and then points the gun in his direction like I do.

"Shut the fuck up! Yo Spider-Man, don't take another step or the owner gets another bullet, and this time it won't go on his shoulder." Robert says by pointing his SMG to his left, as he stares menacingly at Spider-Man.

"See?! Now he knows my fucking name!" Mike says and then points the gun in his direction like I do.

"Shut the fuck up! Yo Spider-Man, don't take another step or the owner gets another bullet, and this time it won't go on his shoulder." Robert says by pointing his SMG to his left, as he stares menacingly at Spider-Man.

"Owner? I don't know who you're talking about, but go ahead, I'm sure the damage you're gonna do to the wall will be covered by insurance."

When Spider-Man finishes talking, we instinctively turn around and realize that instead of the owner sitting on the ground, there is a trail of blood leading to the warehouse. The old bastard ran away and not only him, the newlyweds also hid. The only hostage we have left is the one we're using as a human shield.

The moment we turn again towards Spider-Man it is too late, from those gadgets on his wrists three webs that strike the face each of us, and then a fourth that he uses to steal from our clutches our last hostage.

As soon as we can remove the stuff that obscured our view, Spider-Man, the only person left in that store, succeeds in disarming us, precisely avoiding those bullets that we can shoot at him.

"You know, you don't seem to have much experience with this kind of thing, otherwise you wouldn't have been distracted by me and let your hostages escape. Of course, you're not little angels, but I don't think you've done anything like this before and you're not the first. Recently all the cheap thieves are raising their game for some reason, can you explain why?"

"Fuck you!" I exclaim, and then rush to attack him.

Using all the strength that I have the body, I try to hit him numerous times both with my punches and with my kicks but it is completely useless, Spider-Man avoids almost all my attempts to hurt him and, even if by chance I manage to touch him, It's like he was touched by a feather.

'If we don't hurry, this is gonna fucking end badly.'

"Mike, Robert While I'm keeping him busy, you take that stuff and we run with what we can get." I say while I get into position, ready to immobilize Spider-man with my last energies and hopes in my body

"If we waste it like that, we would have wasted thousands of dollars for nothing!" Mike says.

"Would you rather go to jail and still have nothing?!" I reply.

To my answer, I hear Robert cursing as he searches for a vial of that new compound we bought as a backup plan, however, before he could open it and I could react, a  web hits Robert's hand.

Once he hits his target, Spider-Man tugs that web until Robert finds himself in front of him.

"So this is what gives you courage... What is it?" Ask Robert very seriously.

"None of your business!" I scream and then pounce on the Wallcrawler.

Now that in addition to avoiding my shots, Spider-Man must also prevent Robert from moving, I thought for a moment that it would be easier to hit him however I'm wrong, big.

If someone saw us at this time, they would compare this scene to a father who, without any difficulty, prevents his children from eating cookies before dinner because it would ruin their appetite.

Although we are like flies that bother him by buzzing around him, Robert manages to use an opportunity to bite the cap of the vial and remove it, so that he can drink the liquid inside it.

Before he can do that, however, Spider-Man covers his mouth with a spider web and, as a result, the indigo-colored liquid inside the vial falls all over his face and then on the ground,

Once the liquid comes into contact with both, it immediately dissolves in a smoke of the same color as that compound.

After Robert and I swear when we see thousands of dollars dissolve, Spider-Man ends our resistance by immobilizing our hands and feet, then he ties us together and he hangs us from the ceiling.

When he's done, he turns to Mike, who is there staring at us instead of taking the opportunity to drink the second and final vial we bought and entrusted to him.

"Were you going to drink that? All we needed was a skull to come out of those fumes and it would be like those poisons created by the bad scientists in cartoons. No sane person would do that, unless you know for a fact what that stuff does... Which one of you gentlemen wants to explain what it is? In return, I can get you an extra serving of pudding once you go to prison, I have connections there that can make that happen." Spider-Man says as he looks in turn at each of us in turn.

"Mike what the fuck, drink-"

I don't have time to finish the sentence that Spider-Man, just like Robert, shoots a web at my mouth to shut me up. 

Before Spider-Man can say anything about it, we hear a man who, through a megaphone, tells us to surrender and go out with our hands raised.

As soon as the first group of three policemen enters the store, Mike panics and, without wasting any more time, pulls a knife from a holster behind his back.

Having observed the situation in the distance, the agents did not expect them to have any other weapons, so, despite having their guns pointed at each of the suspects, they are taken aback when Mike pounces on the one closest to him.

After disarming him, Mike positions himself behind him, pressing the blade of the knife to the policeman's neck and begins to back up until he reaches the door.

"Take one step and I swear I'll kill him, especially you lousy spider spoils parties!" urla Mike.

Unable to do anything else, they comply with his request and all remain motionless.

Once out, no one can see what he's doing, yet after some intimidation by the cops and a few screams, we hear a car leave quickly, then, from the window, we see some police cars going in the direction where we heard that car going.

To confirm any possible doubt about what happened there are the walkie talkies of the agents, who are informed of the escape of Mike with one of their car, which, before stealing the car, abandoned the officer he took with him after making a cut all along his back.

"May it never be that I can avoid the part of the chase... What luck I have..." Spider-Man whispers as he shakes his head with a hand holding his forehead, then he turns to the agents who have remained here.

"You take care of these guys, right? You see there's another one in the van in the warehouse on the back street. In the back of the store there are civilians involved, one of them is injured so call an ambulance. Also, I suggest you have forensics analyze that guy's face right there. He tried ingesting a strange liquid, I don't know why, but it seems important. Well, I think I've told you everything, I'm going to race your co-workers on who gets the fugitive first while I pray I finish before 8:30, see you officers! Keep up the good work!" Says Spider-Man as he exits the jewelry store and then disappears from our sight after shooting a spider web upwards.

5