c8
599 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day after the Evil Golem was killed.

 Luna took me to the nearest town to the mansion, Vantis.

 It's not a large town, and I won't have a chance to visit it again anytime soon, but it left a lasting impression on me.

 I was quite impressed by the fantasy townscape that I saw for the first time.

 Luna and I walk side by side down the main street of the town.

"Thank you, brother, for taking the trouble to accompany me on my business".

"I've been wondering what the "Magic Guide Center" was all about, too, so it's perfect.

I answered as if it was a matter of course, but Luna tilted her head.

What do you mean?"

 Oh shit, there was no way the original Leon had not seen the Vantis facility.

'Uh, well, I haven't checked it out for a while. I thought maybe things had changed without me knowing. I mean, I haven't seen you at Vantis in a while, you know?"

"Hmmm...things changed. Nothing changes that much in a town like Vantis."

 Judging from the way Luna smiles, it seems that I've been able to fool her.

"Oh, you're Count Ornstein's son!"

"That eye patch fits you so well!"

 I patted my chest inwardly, and the town's residents approached me.

 From the equipment shop to the apothecary to the innkeeper, everyone seems to favor me.

"You're very popular, big brother♪"

Luna was honestly pleased, but I had complicated feelings about it.

(This guy, Leon Ornstein, has a nice appearance on the outside. He must have been doing a lot of work to revive the Demon King in ways not described in the original story.)

 How much hypocrisy has this man Leon, who smiles a tiny smile and waves his hand, been putting up?

 Betraying the people in his house and everyone in the town, this boy revived the Demon King and sent the people into the depths of fear just to show that he has the power to destroy the world.

 And above all, he betrays Luna, who depends on him.

(In other words, his way of doing things is also undermining Luna's trust. ...... He's a terrible guy, )

 I didn't realize it, but I knew I had been reincarnated as a villain.

"Brother?"

 Luna stares at me anxiously as I feel a strange sense of guilt.

 It's okay, as long as I'm the last boss + I have power of the hidden boss, I'll never end up like that.

 I patted Luna's head with warm feelings.

"What happened to you? What's going on all of a sudden, big brother?"

 She turned bright red and jumped back.

 I'm really sorry that I acted like a character from a anime.

...... suddenly I felt like petting you."

 When I answered honestly, Luna crossed her arms and puffed out her cheeks.

The next time you do this, please ask me first! What if I accidentally pushed you down and attacked you, and then you had a child and made it to the finish line, what would you do, oh my God ! I don't mind if you do, but there is such a things as planning!"

I'm sorry, I'll be careful. ...... Now what did you say?"

"Look, brother! That's the magic information center!"

Oh, wow. ......?

 I don't know what it is but it seems she has forgiven me.

 In any case, if I look at where Luna pointed, there is a building with a large sign pasted on it at a short distance away.

 The only information center in Vantis, managed by the "Mage Association" of the Imperial Capital.

 The round building with a prominent white roof is a kind of magic guild, where people can apply for the exam to qualify as a mage, and where they can seek advice on magic-related problems and issues.

 --It is a bit small to be called a guild.

 I've seen it a few times in games, but it's not as big as the one in the capital.

The "Vantis Magic Information Center," huh? It's smaller than I thought it would be."

"Most people who want to become a mage go to the capital or somewhere near the capital. This size is enough for Vantis's population."

 I see, the way of thinking of a mage is the same as in the game.

 In the game, the protagonist first visits a few cities, and then sets a goal to go to the capital, where many mages are gathered.

 In fact, before and after going to the capital, there is a huge difference in the amount of items that can be collected and the amount of magic that can be used.

 If Luna wants to become a mage, she might go to the capital one day.

"Come to think of it, did Luna always want to be a mage?"

No, it was only recently that I started to pursue a career as a mage. I have the qualification of "first class mage" in my future plan.

 Speaking of first-class mage, it is almost like an ending point in the game.

"It's a very big dream, eh?"

"You are not a total stranger to the situation, are you, brother?"

"What? Why?"

 Luna leaps forward without even pausing to ask why I'm involved.

"I'm going to go apply for the test, you wait here."

 I looked back at her bright expression and thought.

( One had to be a mage to enter the Imperial Capital's Great Magic Library, right? Unless one is a senior mage, one cannot read special books, which is a very troublesome rule.)

 Basically, in "Sorcerer Awake," magic is learned by reading special books, but the books that can be read are limited by rank and level.

 The creators of "Sorcerer Awake" wanted to avoid having people use powerful magic at a low level.

 If the world follows the rules of the game, then it is natural to be a mage, but if your rank is low, you will not be able to read the books you want to read.

 If I want to find out about the power of the last boss and the hidden boss, I should be a mage.

"I might as well take the mage qualification test,"

 Luna's face lighted up when I said that.

"It's so wonderful that big brother is going to be a mage!"

"Thanks, Luna. Well, I think it's what I need for my future."

 I thought I was talking about the same objective as Luna's, which was very natural.

"Oh, my gosh!'

 As soon as she did that, Luna's nose blew up and she flew through the air and hit the ground.

"Luna?!'

 Luna stood up as I and the other people around us rolled our eyes.

"Don't worry,...... this much can be handled with magic,......!"

 Indeed, Luna used her 'healing' magic and placed the palm of her hand on her nose, stopping the nosebleed.

But what I'm worried about is that she's mumbling something while steam rises from her head like a boiled octopus.

 Moreover, she sometimes glances at my face and says something like "Kyaa" or "wow."

" For the sake of the future, for the sake of my brother's and my future, in other words, a proposal that the two of us will walk together forever as a couple of mages, my brother's propensity to say this in public without hesitation is distorted, but such virility is also wonderful. ......"

"Luna, you didn't hit your head or something, did you?"

"Ehehe ...... brother, where would you like to get married, a church on a hill with a view of the sea, or just the two of you in a quiet out-of-the-way hut in the countryside. ...... Kyah!"

 Luna, who was twisting her body, wasn't listening to me anymore.

 I must have struck the wrong nerve.

"Oh, hey? I knew you should go to the nearest clinic..."

 That's when I thought I should look for a clinic before an information center.

"Are you here to take the mage exam too, by any chance?"

 Suddenly, a voice called out to me from behind.

 I've never thought of myself as short-tempered, but now was not a good time.

'Hmm, yes, but. What about it ......"

 With a little sigh, I turned around.

 The next thing I knew, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest.

'Me too! Hey, hey, we can apply together if you like!"

 The girl smiling at me looked familiar.

 No, how could I forget her cheerful expression and energetic mood?

"Hey, are you serious?"

 I was so surprised that all I could do was let the words slip out of the corner of my mouth.

 After all, the person in front of me was Florence Majors, the female protagonist of "Sorcerer Awake."

7