Chapter 1: The Unannounced Departure and Arrival
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the cold night, the ancient town had fallen asleep. Stone Heart, a seasoned thief, sprinted across the streets, his heart palpitating. Beside him, a teenage boy clutched a bag emitting a suppressed golden light, its glow hinting at a hidden mystery within.

 

Behind them, armored soldiers rode on horse chariots, their fierce wolves leading the charge. The chariots bore flags with twin bears facing each other in a roaring pose, a symbol of unyielding strength.

 

As the chase intensified, the ground rumbled, cracks forming beneath their feet.

Meanwhile, in a hidden cave, a laboratory hummed with advanced technology. At the heart of the cavern, a monitoring desk stood, where a man lay sleeping, using crumpled white paper sheets as makeshift headrests. The silence was abruptly shattered by the beeping of the monitoring system.

 

“Compilation Completed,” an android-like voice reverberated throughout the cave, rousing the sleeping man from his slumber. Yawning, he made his way to the desk, squinting in the sudden light that flooded the chamber. As his vision adjusted, his gaze locked onto the screen, he was shaking with excitement and could no longer hold it in and yelled

 

“Got it!”, the man was called Whis and he was an eccentric programmer who loved to explore the depths of computers and today his 15-year project was finally finished.

 

As whis rejoiced his long arm moved toward a boxed button which was labelled ‘launch’.

 

Just as his hand opened the cap off the box he paused, his face turned haggard, regret filling his heart.

Unknowingly his gaze had fixed onto a small, unassuming ring on his finger, evoking a surge of sentimental emotions.

 

“Companion,” he murmured, caressing the ring. In response, a light blue projection materialized from the ring, forming a glitching binary sphere that hovered above it.

 

‘companion’, he caressed the ring and a light blue projection glitched, slowly forming an orb.

 

“Aden…” he whispered, as the glitching projection stabilized, revealing a neutral, genderless voice.

 

“Whis, looks like our time has reached its end”

 

Aden was an artificially intelligent software embedded in a ring and was capable of speech. Through Aden, Whis found an outlet for the frustrations and loneliness he experienced as a programmer. Now that his plan was completed, he knew they’d soon part ways.

 

Whis lowered his heard and he sighed, “… in the end it’s like this, after all those years of hacking and cracking…”, he reminisced.

 

“It all paid off, that’s all that matters”, the neutral voice intervened.

 

“But you won’t be there…”

 

“Who knows? “, the neutral voice actually chuckled in a coquettish voice for the first time, shocking whis who suddenly exclaimed in surprise.

 

“You’re feminine?!”

 

“While cracking the ancient glyphs, I found a secret hidden in the within...”, the feminine voice suddenly stopped and shouted

 

“The hour is here, hurry up…”, the AI Aden conveyed a sense of urgency, hinting at a significant event on the horizon. The sphere suddenly vanished, and sparks filled the laboratory.

 

Outside the cave, a series of extraordinary phenomena unfolded across the world. Planets aligned in a straight line, ancient symbols shimmered in space, and strange occurrences manifested on Earth, casting an otherworldly aura over the surroundings.

 

Amidst these cosmic events, Whis found himself piloting a helicopter towards a colossal pyramid in the distance.

 

A sudden burst of nuclear energy erupted from the sun and hurtled towards the planets, it first went through mercury and to the next. As the wave passed each planet, ancient symbols appeared, shimmering in space. Each ray of energy grew more concentrated and golden as it left the planet, hinting at a profound transformation taking place.

 

At the apex of the great pyramid of Giza, Whis became the focal point of a mesmerizing display of energy, in his hand was a remote with only one button, his thumb was fixed on top of it, waiting for something.

 

In the blink of an eye, a purple beam descended upon the pyramid, enveloping him in its radiance.  At this moment whis pressed the button, an energy surged through his body and extended towards the pyramid, setting in motion a sequence of events that defied the laws of nature.

 

As the building blocks of the pyramid began to move and a collision of cosmic forces ensued, a palpable sense of foreboding permeated the air, hinting at the impending cataclysm

 

Above, a strange phenomenon unfolded as the planets aligned in a straight line, casting an eerie glow across the sky.

 

Suddenly, a blinding light erupted, enveloping every living creature on earth.

 

"Whis, where are you?", a voice echoed through the empty space. The world seemed to hold its breath, waiting for an answer that never came.

 

The air was heavy with uncertainty, and the lingering energy of the cosmic event crackled in the atmosphere. As the dust settled, all life form on earth was left in wonder, had they just experienced a dream or hallucination, no one had the answer.

 

 

Under the vast interstellar gases and stars, in the Jade Maiden Palace, a group of loosely dressed maidens in postures that would even make the sternest of monks lose their head, worshipped the back of a statue.

 

The statue was mysterious, it didn’t have a front but was vivid enough to notice that it was that of a man.  The cold visages of the maidens did not diminish their beauty, they looked unrivaled, like a group of fairies.

 

Any one of them can wage wars across the entire universe, however their beauty could not be enjoyed by any man, it was known that a mere glare from these beauties can incur heavenly lightning upon the beholder.

 

Suddenly the statue flickered with a dim light, the change was so subtle but it couldn’t escape the senses of these experts. Their visages lit up and a battle yell resonated across the plaza.

 

“My sisters, we shall make an appearance to the world!”, the melodious voice had escaped the lips of a slightly masculine woman, her physique was kept in check. Her pleated skirt fluttered in the wind, exposing her thick long legs, she looked like a war goddess, her face was fiery and had a sense of aggression, a hardened beauty. Though petite, her fiery nature was unconcealed, in her small hands was a crimson saber, it glinted in a red glow.

 

However cute and young she looked, under that mask was a hundred-year-old fierce tiger, she rose into the sky and with one slash, space was ripped apart, revealing the vast starry sky.

 

“Let’s go get our man!”, she yelled and was welcomed by a round of cheers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1