Selen
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look behind me as I sprint into the woods, checking if the creature is still chasing me. Knowing that weak people like me were often killed by these brutal monsters didn’t help my aching feet at all. 

The monster is no longer behind me. I take a deep breath and lean against one of the trees in the dense woods, lifting my head up to look at the bright stars in this curtain of night. The monster is no longer behind me. I no longer needed to run in fear. These thoughts were soothing to my fatigued body. 

I look around, hoping to find a place to stay for the night, only to find trees and shrubs. Disappointed, (though what better could I expect from a forest?) I sit on a pile of soft green moss. 

It reminds me of the soft velvet cushions in the monster’s den. His eyes are a deep green, the color of swamp water, yet they shone brightly, like a thriving grassland. His skin—no—his scales are crimson and fade into a dark charcoal from his shoulders down. He seemed majestic—god-like even—but the short glimpses of his sharp, white, knife-like teeth when he hissed with his forked tongue, his cold gaze—his overall demeanor really—showed his true nature. Of course he’s evil. Monsters can be majestic too. I don’t understand why the monster had looked at me like that though. Like he could eat me up in one bite. 

But what I really don’t understand is how I had gotten there in the first place. How could something have gone so wrong as to bring me from—wait.

Where did I come from? Definately not here. I only remember being in the monster’s den! Oh no no no no no no no no. That can’t be right. I swear I remember what happened before I was—huh? I can’t even remember who I am—what I am! No matter how hard I try I can’t remember! 

I am about to scream in frustration, when I remember the monster who could still be searching for me. My vision starts to blur and my eyes start flooding with a salty substance.

I cry myself to sleep.

2