Chapter One
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stars. They spin over their heads as they dance, spinning each other in a wild circle. It’s a kaleidoscope of light. Roy’s enamored with it, he feels like he’s there, flying through the galaxy until one of them trips and they’re both in the sand. They laugh together. Roy’s chest feels light and happy and free. He’s never had this before. It’s fun. Easy. 

 

“Hey,” Ace says as he stands and offers Roy a hand, “We’re gonna be up there someday, you and me. Together.” 

 

Roy snorts and pulls himself up. He brushes off his hands, “We’re together now, I think I like that more.” 

 

Ace giggles and starts to spin them again, gripping tight to Roy’s hands. He doesn’t say anything more, his eyes glued to the stars. 

 

They dance until they fall again and Roy sits up, pulling Ace with him so they’re sitting together. 

 

“I’m gonna touch the stars someday,” Ace says softly, “When the Witch takes me or Destroya comes back. I’ll bring you one.” 

 

Roy doesn’t have the heart to tell him that’s not how it works. “Okay,” he says instead and nuzzles closer to Ace’s side, pulling Ace’s jacket over both of them, “Okay.” 

 

  • º•º•º•º•º•º•º•

 

The stars are closer than they used to be. One, in particular, seems to be bigger every night until it’s even visible during the day. They crouch over their radio together as they watch it in the sky. There’s news of a comet from BLI. They say it’s going to hit. They don’t know when or where but it’s going to be soon and it’s going to be catastrophic. Ace takes Roy’s hand and squeezes it tight. Roy pulls him into a hug, cradling the back of his head. Ace turns his head so he can speak, lips against Roy’s neck. 

 

“We’ll be stardust sooner than we thought.”

0