Chapter 2: My Precious Nun
53 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

......
The forest is full of ancient trees and branches, except for a muddy path that winds its way into the depths of the forest. Sporadic rays of sunlight shine through the dense canopy, dispelling the darkness of the woods and adding a touch of color to the only path.
At this moment, on the path, there was a girl in white running in embarrassment.
Yesterday it had just rained, and the already narrow path had become extremely muddy, and she stumbled and stumbled, and her white nun's dress was covered with mud, and even the boots under her feet had been lost, but she still could not hide her beautiful figure and pure and innocent atmosphere.
Because of the loss of strength, her face turned pale, but she still tightly clutched the silver cross hanging around her neck with a long chain, and prayed in a trembling voice: "O merciful and great God of Light, please send down divine grace and save us~" "
Catherina, quick! Come on! A young warrior swooped up from behind, pulled her and ran forward, with a sad look on his pale face, "That bullshit god of light has long been hung up, what's the use of you praying again?"
He looked to be no more than eighteen or nineteen years old, and he carried a steel sword in his hand, and he was dressed in well-made leather armor, which lined his burly figure, and he looked very powerful.
Unfortunately, he had already been hit by an arrow in the back, and the arrow feathers trembled lightly as he ran. And his abdomen was even more open, and he only had time to wrap it with a cloth, and blood continued to ooze from the wound, which was shocking.
Behind the two, several soldiers armed with spears or bows and arrows were hurrying after them.
The soldiers were dressed in sturdy leather armor, and the weapons in their hands glowed with coldness, and they looked at the two men as if they were looking at a lamb to the slaughter, glowing with a hideous and fierce light.
They walked along the muddy path, and after a while they got closer and closer.
"Great God of Light, please send down the grace of God and save us~" The girl in white was desperate in her eyes, but she still refused to give up, panting and praying in a low voice.
To this day, she actually has little hope that the God of Light is still alive, but now that she is at the end of her rope, this is the only life-saving straw she can grasp.
Sadly, as on every occasion, her prayers were not answered.
There was a hint of despair in her blue eyes.
Could it be that the God of Light has really fallen? Are they really destined to die here today?
Suddenly.
Catherina slipped on the bottom of her foot and slammed her head.
This fell so hard that she slammed her whole body on the ground, and she rolled twice in a row before hitting the root of the tree next to her and stopped, and she trembled in pain and couldn't even stand up.
"Oops!"
The young warrior's face changed dramatically.
He hurriedly reached out and grabbed Catherine, and struggled to lift her up, trying to carry her on.
However, even though he reacted quickly, he was still a step too late. In the blink of an eye, the soldiers had already chased after them quickly, and surrounded them like wolves.
They were all subordinate personal soldiers of Baron Gondeyar.
"Hahaha~ Chick, aren't you quite able to run? Keep running~"
The bearded man at the head let out a strange laugh and approached the two of them step by step with a cold and shiny spear. The spear was still stained with scarlet blood, and the stinging people's hearts were cold.
"Get out of here!"
The young warrior's heart tightened, and he immediately grabbed Catherina and protected her behind him and shouted at the bearded man with angry eyes: "Catherina is a nun, a servant of the God of Light, you dare to blaspheme!"
Although he no longer believed in the God of Light, at this time, he couldn't care so much about it, and decided to pull a tiger skin first.
"Blasphemy?" The bearded man was stunned for a moment, and then laughed arrogantly as if he had heard some joke, "Idiot! His Majesty has publicly announced the fall of the God of Light, and the official letter banning the extermination of the Holy See of Light has already been issued throughout the country. It's ridiculous that you still dare to believe in the bullshit God of Light.
"No way, Father Luke heard the will of the God of Light more than a year ago!" Catherina's face turned pale, struggling like a lioness in a desperate situation, and her voice was sad and indignant, "How can the great Lord of Light fall?!" More than
a year ago, it was when Wu Hui had not yet inherited the throne of the God of Light.
"Father Luke?" The bearded man laughed strangely, "You're talking about the madman who dared to go to the Holy City to spread heresy?" Hahaha, if the God of Light is really alive, why didn't the madman perform miracles when he was judged in the Holy City Square half a year ago? Catherina's
face turned even paler when she heard this, and tears rolled uncontrollably from the corners of her eyes.
Although I have heard bad rumors for a long time, I can't believe it after all. Unexpectedly, it was all true. Father Luke he, he's really... Martyrdom, martyrdom...
Catherine clenched the silver cross that Father Luke had given her before leaving, tears streaming down her soft and fair cheeks.
"Hahaha~ Little nun, you still have to die! If that Rausch god of light is still alive, how can he allow us to eradicate the temple of light and the monastery? Miracles have been sent down to punish us a long time ago. The bearded man smiled strangely, "I advise you to give up resistance and have fun with our brothers~ When we are happy, maybe we can spare your life."
"Shut up!!"
The young warrior endured and endured, and finally could not bear it any longer, and rushed forward with a roar, stabbing his sword at the beard: "Catherina, don't talk nonsense with them, go quickly!" I'll break it for you!
His swordsmanship is not bad, obviously he has received systematic teaching and long-term training, this time the shot is like lightning, the sword is fierce, and he is stunned to force the beard to take a step back.
Unfortunately, the injuries on his body were too serious, and he was outnumbered, even if he temporarily forced back the beard, he was not able to take advantage of the victory to pursue, but in the blink of an eye, he fell back into the encirclement.
Under the combined siege of several soldiers, it was not long before two new wounds were added to his body, and the dripping blood almost stained his clothes scarlet.
"O merciful and great God~ Are you really going to give up your people?"
Looking at the back of the young warrior in a bloody battle, Catherine's eyes were hazy with tears, and her blue eyes were filled with deep despair.
To this day, not to mention that she can't escape, even if she does, what if she does?
Outside is full of soldiers from all walks of life who are searching for them, the so-called "remnants of light", she is just a helpless little nun, no one to protect, let alone survive under the soldiers' hunting, even the forest infested by this beast may not be able to get out.
Is there really no hope?
Catherina bit her lower lip tightly, and her delicate lip flaps were bitten out of blood, but as if she didn't realize it, she still clenched the silver cross in her hand tightly, and she didn't let go until her knuckles turned white.
For the last time.
Just let her try again one last time.
If she doesn't succeed, she'll die like Father Luke today!
As soon as she thought of this, her heart seemed to have great courage in an instant, and her eyes became extremely firm in an instant. He closed his eyes suddenly, held the silver cross in both hands, and sang the hymn of hope with tears in his eyes.
"Great Lord of Light~ You are the only star in the eternal night, guiding the confused people to the light. I praise you, great Lord of Light..."
Ethereal singing wafted through the dim woods.
Wisps of sunlight shone through the canopy of the trees and fell on Catherina's mud-stained body and face. Obviously, she was in a mess at the moment, however, at this moment, she inexplicably revealed a bit of holiness.
Unconsciously, she bent down and slowly straightened up, and even her voice stopped trembling and became firm and persistent.
"Catherina!"
The sight of the young warrior Langdon opening his bloodshot eyes, sad and desperate in his heart.
How he wished that Catherina could abandon him at this time and escape alone, but he also knew that Catherina was not such a person.
Even in the convent where there were many nuns, Catherina was the purest one. She was always gentle and firm, and even Father Luke praised her as a good seedling, and she was expected to become a noble nun in the future.
How could she abandon herself in a desperate situation?
"Alas~" Langdon sighed, this time everyone was going to die here, and there was a desperate determination in his eyes.
"Hahaha~ What a stupid nun, dying to the point of dying, and even singing hymns."
The bearded man shook Langdon away, looked at the two of them with the eyes of his prey, and teased, "Since your god of light is so great, come and show us a miracle." That bullshit is bright..."
However, he was only halfway through his words when he froze.
Because at that moment just now, the silver cross pendant in Catherina's hand suddenly burst out with brilliant white light.
Blinded people's eyes.
......

3