Chapter 8: Praise the Light
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

......
It's no wonder that Niko is proud, the remnants of light in the entire empire have almost been wiped out, but there is a remnant of the god of light on Luke's side. The city lord has also been anxious about this matter recently, for fear of being held accountable from above.
If he hadn't offered a plan to the city lord, deliberately relaxed his vigilance, created loopholes, and lured the snake out of the hole with a trick, how could he have seized the opportunity so coincidentally to block all these heretics here?
Driven by a strong fighting spirit, Niko's voice enveloped the audience, and the smug laughter made people tremble.
The riots in the Square of Faith were even worse, some of them showed signs of despair, some hugged each other and trembled in fear, and some wept bitterly.
They did believe in the god of light, but their weak faith was far from supporting them to die for the light.
The faces of the 30 true believers were also pale, and their eyes were full of fear. But after all, they are true believers, and they are the cornerstone of a wide range of believers in gods, and their belief in the god of light is much stronger than that of shallow believers.
Even though they trembled with fear, they fell to one knee and closed their eyes in prayer.
Only the four devout believers, including Langdon, did not show any fear on their faces, but a faint look of pride. From the moment they become devout believers, their faith has become rock-solid and unshakable, and at critical moments, they can even pay with their lives for their faith.
And now is the time to die for the sake of his life.
"Brothers and sisters." Langdon's eyes were determined, and he exclaimed in a deep voice, "The great God of Light is everywhere, and everything you do is under his watch. The hour of darkness is about to pass, and the dawn of light is coming.
"The hour of darkness is coming to an end, and the dawn of light is coming."
The other three devout soldiers had feverish eyes and immediately began to shout.
They are all believers who have personally experienced the coming of the god of light, and have witnessed great miracles with their own eyes, and their faith will never waver.
With the support of a few of their devout believers, the mood of the believers at the scene suddenly stabilized a lot. The 30 true believers were emotionally contagious and began to shout: "The hour of darkness is about to pass, and the dawn of light is coming."
Unconsciously, the faith of those true believers seemed to be strengthened again.
"Niko!" Langdon shouted to Niko, the head of the Third Patrol Group, "You evil heretic, you atrocities against your brothers and sisters of the Holy See of Light, you will be judged."
"Judgment!?" Niko was stunned for a moment, then instantly burst into laughter, "Who dares to judge me?!" Just your god of light who has fallen? Phew!
As he spoke, he urged the war horse and suddenly pulled out the giant sword on horseback: "Brothers, today the time has come for us to establish meritorious deeds. Except for Catherina, the remnant of heresy, all the others will be killed!
"Kill, kill, kill!"
Nearly two hundred soldiers, armed with spears and short shields, marched with heavy and deadly steps in high morale, and advanced towards the believers of light little by little.
In an instant, a soaring murderous aura enveloped the entire Faith Square. Even the wind whistling in the air seemed to be a little chilly.
"Great God of Light~" The shallow believers were unarmed, and many began to cry and howl bitterly, "Please come to the world and save us!"
"Mommy, Mommy." A seven or eight-year-old girl looked up at her mother, innocent, "Will God come to our rescue?"
Her mother was a peasant girl in her twenties, and at this time, she herself was actually on the verge of collapse, however, the calf's heart was cut, she still hugged her daughter tightly, and whispered: "Yes, the great God of Light will definitely come down and personally judge those evil heretics."
But even she didn't believe this sentence.
She regretted it, she regretted why she had re-believed in the god of light after listening to that holy woman, and she regretted even more why she had brought her children to the church meeting to witness the so-called miracles of the god of light.
Seeing that the Imperial army was already approaching the believers with spears in hand, it seemed that as long as the tip of the spear was sent forward, those unarmed civilian believers would be slaughtered.
"Boom!"
Swordsman Langdon pulled out his long sword suddenly, and a slight amount of fighting energy poured into the sword body, and a faint white light suddenly lingered on the sword body.
He looked at Catherina with a determined gaze: "Your Highness, please grant me a blessing of light." The
other three soldiers also asked for their blessings so that they could rush forward and fight the enemy.
The four of them are ready to die for the sake of martyrdom.
"Calm down!"
Catherina, the Holy Maiden of Light, scolded lightly, and the look on her face was still pious and calm.
Her lips opened slightly, and her calm and majestic voice spread to the audience with the light of light: "The great Lord of Light is watching us, He will protect every believer with his wings of light, and He will judge every heresy with the sword of light. Believers, calm the fears in your hearts, cleanse your hearts from the dirt, and let us welcome the coming of the great God of Light. As
the words fell, she took the silver cross in both hands and placed it on her chest, and sang the hymn of light, Praise the Light, with great reverence.
Melodious, ethereal, and stirring singing flutters in the night.
Instantaneous.
A powerful and pure light burst from her body, surging into the sky, and exploded in mid-air like fireworks, turning into countless fragments of light pouring down from the sky, like a brilliant rain of light.
The thin rain of light fell on the terrified believers, and it also fell on the imperial soldiers, the cavalry guards.
The raindrop-like light fell on a shallow believer full of fear, and instantly turned into a force that drilled into his body, like warm and pure sunlight, dispelling the darkness and fear deep in his heart.
At this moment, the shallow believer felt as if he was bathed in holy light, his whole body was refreshed, and his soul was enlightened. I'm not so scared of those bright spears right in front of me.
As more and more light rains fell, the believers seemed to regain their lost courage and see the dawn of light.
The 30 True Believers lined up in the crowd and held hands in front of the Imperial Army, and although they were still afraid, their eyes were full of courage, and they chanted loudly: "The hour of darkness is about to pass, and the dawn of light is coming."
As the true believers set an example, the shallow believers also stood up one after another, placing the elderly, women, and children in the back, and the strong male believers held hands in front of them, shouting at the true believers.
The women, children, and old, were not idle, they took each other's hands by the hands of the nearest believer and chanted along tremblingly.
And at this time, the bright praise of the Holy Maiden of Light also sang to the highest ~ tide, and at the most exciting time, the bright light bloomed like a ceremonial flower, and the light illuminated the entire faith square, and even the broken statue of the God of Light was shrouded in a layer of dazzling light.
The believers are holding hands and shoulder to shoulder, and their hearts seem to be united and united at this moment, and the distracting thoughts of their hearts are being washed away, and their thoughts are becoming crystal clear.
Most of them are shallow believers, and each of them has a very weak faith channel, but once they come together, they become very strong and strong, like a sharp sword light, reaching straight into the sky.
......

1