Chapter Two: Cheater
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max

The next day at school I knew I had to do something. Get the answers to the quiz tomorrow. Easy, just need to ask one of those computer geeks to print one out. I knew the exactly the right person to go to. Scouted the hallway and spotted him. When he saw me staring at him, he tried to duck behind a group of people. But instead he fell to the ground face down.

"Nicholas Pickolas my man, can I talk to you," I say standing over the skinny guy with glasses that were larger than his face.

"T-to inform you, m-my name is Nicholas Horman the sec- 

He stopped when I gave home a hard stare, "N-Nicholas Pickolas is-is quite to my liking."

"Come over here," I say pulling his arm.

"I-I am down to my final pair of glasses, s-so p-please-

"You the computer club leader, right?"

"What you have stated is correct."

"Now since you are good at computers, I want you to go to the computer and get quiz answers from Mr. Hoovers class."

"Y-you want me to obtain the quiz results to a math quiz!" He practically shouted.

"No, I want you to go to the computer to print out princess coloring sheet. Yes, I want you to get the result! But don't you dare tell no one." 

"Those are double negatives. I believe the word that you are looking for is 'anyone'."

"I am asking answers for a math test not an English test! You will help me, or the rest of your little school year will be your worst." I pounded my fist on my hand and gave him a threatening look.

"Y-yes, i-it will be done t-today," he said shaking his bony body in fear.

"Great, I expect it have after practice you give it to me," I said with a smile, loving the control and power I have over people.

"Y-yes, you shall receive it promptly after your practice."

"Meet me behind the bleachers after practice. Now go and keep this a secret between you and me."

Nicholas nodded and hurried off in his trippy awkward run.

  

Out in the football field was our daily practice. Today was overcast, so the sun didn't beat down on us like it usually did but that didn't stop me from sweating bucket loads. Since my uncle is the coach. He made us do twenty-five laps around the field for stamina, a hundred pushups for arm strength, and about an hour of field practice. But what surprised me is that Xander wasn't slacking off. Yes, while he may be our second quarterback and should work like one, he thinks he is too good for them and usually does half of what we do. Making me think why I was chosen as the first quarterback than him.

After a long day of practice, the coach dismissed us and we all went to drink water. "For once that arrogant little rat is really working his rear off like the rest of us," I say to Carter as I gulped down the cold refreshing liquid.

"Maybe he has a change of heart," he suggested.

"Guys talking bout me?" Xander said while flipping a water bottle. "Ya betcha I am working hard on football it my sport ain't it?"

"Yeah for the first time," I whisper under my breath.

"Ya know I gotta work hard to show everyone that I belong on the field for next weeks game."

"You'll most likely be on the bench as always."

"Ya really think so? Let's see bout that Bleacher Boy," Xander said with a threatening tone and a smile on his face. When I gave him a confused look for his strange comment, He tilted back his head and laughed. "Ya have no idea, absolutely no idea!" With that he walked off the field.

"He gets weirder every day," Carter said said shaking his head. 

"That was a hard day of practice, want to get a bite to eat?"

"Nah, got to go home and do last minute studying for the quiz tomorrow, as should you."

"Since when have you become a nerd?" I smirked.

"When getting good grades determines if you are able to play football or not. You really need to get ready for that quiz tomorrow, you don't want be kept after class."

"Yeah, yeah I got everything done, don't worry."

"Just don't mess up man, we need you for the game next week. See you tomorrow," Carter said patting my shoulder then walked off the field.

I waited for everyone to do the same. Once everyone was gone, I went behind the bleachers, making sure no one saw me. I saw Nicholas standing there waiting for me, with the answer key in his hands.

"You are sure no one saw you?" I whispered

"Yes, not a single individual has discovered our deceptive activity." 

"You sure you got the correct results?"

"Yes, I obtained the correct results. Here," he said giving the answer key to me, "I don't quite understand why you must need the results. The questions are quite elementary and-

"Thank you for your service," I say cutting him off.

"I not really sure it is my pleasure that I would be the cause for you to do mendacious activities behind back of the authorities."

"Better be glad you help me. For your help, I won't bother you for...2 months. Is that reasonable?"

"Y-yes."

"Now go and pretend this never happened."

"Done and forgotten," He said scampering away.

I looked down at the answer key and laugh to myself. 'Tomorrow's quiz is going to be a breeze.'

___________________________

What do you think so far? Do you like the characters? Sorry that this is a short chapter. More chapters will come out every week and hopefully they are longer. I really hope y'all liked it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you so much <3!

0