Chapter 1: Anti-Access
49 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
    Terra,Sargon.
    The scorching sun baked the earth, and the rolling sand dunes were heated to a blistering temperature. The steaming heat waves distorted the air near the ground, making the distant scenery blurry and illusory. A rock crab carefully hid itself under the gravel, waiting for the next unlucky prey. But the vibration from afar forced it to leave its carefully chosen hunting ground, lest it be trampled by the huge beast that was coming.
     Looking in the direction where the rock crab avoided, two Mannan light armored assault vehicles were galloping on the endless sea of sand. The two LAVs (Light Attack Vehicle) were speeding across the desert with exaggerated turrets, their powerful engines allowing them to reach cruising speeds that did not match their huge size. They occasionally jumped from the top of the sand dunes, drawing a stunning arc in the air, and then landed lightly back on the ground. Their agile suspension and large tires made them stable as a mountain while running like the wind on the undulating sand, dragging two rolling sand dusts towards their target direction.
    "This is Cat Melt Base Walker to Marine 1st Assault Group, please respond."
    "This is 1st assault group,go ahead."The target machine, who was in charge of the assault group, endured the discomfort caused by the bumps and opened the intercom system. “The drone has arrived over the target and will start image transmission soon. Please deploy the laser communication antenna and access the link37 data link.”
    “Copy that, reduce speed to 60 km/h, integrated electronic mast raised. … Laser communication antenna deployed … Searching for the nearest unit and laser communication base station … Data link matched successfully, signal strength: high, start sending command identification code.”
     “I see you, target machine, wait a moment, I’ll send you the picture.” Sitting in the Cat Melt Base Walker, the frontline intelligence support officer Lilim saw the target machine online in the data link and started sharing the picture taken by the drone."
    With the huge bandwidth brought by laser communication, the ultra-clear picture taken by the drone was transmitted to the integrated display panel in front of the target machine almost without delay. In the picture, a vehicle that looked very similar to the all-terrain off-road vehicle on Earth was dusting off, followed by six or seven all-terrain vehicles that looked shabby and full of wasteland style. Although the power of those broken all-terrain vehicles did not seem to be sufficient, they had reduced their weight to the extreme except for some metal plates on the front that looked unreliable as armor. So they could chase after the off-road vehicle all the way.
     According to the guidelines established by the previous Transcender Conference, they were not going to intervene in the local people’s grudges until the Capisi Expedition Transport Ship reached its predetermined destination. Unfortunately, these few wheeled vehicles of the Terra natives rushed straight towards the Capisi’s scheduled route.
    “First assault group received.” The target machine rubbed the trackball and tried to zoom in on the picture sent back by the drone, while answering.
  “Hmph, I wonder what those Arknights players in the CIC can figure out.” The gunner of the second car, jelivor, listened to the conversation on the radio channel and kept complaining. He was unhappy about being assigned to the Marine Corps. The treatment was poor, the work was hard, he often faced danger, and even the equipment was the worst. What made jelivor most dissatisfied was that due to the lack of manpower, there were only four permanent staff in the entire Marine Corps organization!
    Bastard! These scum! All the hard and tiring work involved in the field work was thrown to the Marine Corps to do. When they needed it, they pulled it over to wipe their ass, and when they were done, they threw it into the toilet and flushed it into the sewer. The scum in the bridge and the CIC had no humanity at all! It was often the first to meet the enemy. The Marine Corps only got two crispy LAVs!
   What’s even more annoying is that the two standard member groups should be equipped with three LAVs, and only two people can be divided into each car. Except for the necessary driver, the gunner also had to do the job of the car commander. When he encountered a dangerous situation, he was in a hurry and it was really outrageous.
    No, I have to go back and talk to the big guys (four unlucky eggs) of the Marine Corps. The local operators recruited by the Terra world must be prioritized to the Marine Corps. At least, I have to dig out the Vanilla lady who was recruited last time.
 “Analyze a fart, those fake boat scholars can’t even sort out the timeline, and they don’t know what the Terra world is like now. I guess they can only recognize the penguin logistics logo sprayed on the top of the off-road vehicle.” The target machine heard jelivor’s words and was not angry. Arknights old players, are they worthy?
    Sure enough, the Capisi didn’t give out anything like a mission briefing, but just issued the order of the tactical executor Crystal: “Intercept the unknown convoy outside 30 kilometers of the Capisi, level 3 authorization, and use lethal force if necessary.”
    “How to deal with penguin logistics?”
    “Same as above.”
    “First assault group received, start executing combat mission.”
    The target machine cut off the laser communication, retracted the antenna and the high electronic mast, and switched the data link back to the ultra-high frequency radio data link with narrower bandwidth but stronger communication range and anti-interference performance. Fortunately, there were not many units in the data link, so the quality of the surveillance picture of the drone did not drop much, and the delay was not high.
    “First assault group all have, overload power, target straight ahead unknown convoy! Distance 11 kilometers!”
    The driver Haizi, who had been waiting for the order, stepped on the overload pedal and then pushed the throttle to the bottom.
    “80, 90, 130, 160, 210, hahahahaha!” The driver of the first car, Haizi, laughed wildly. Driving the big-footed monster that was twelve meters long and taller than a two-story building to the extreme speed, the sensory stimulation and the bursting adrenaline made Haizi irresistible, but it was bitter for the target machine sitting next to the car commander seat.
    This LAV was more exciting than any roller coaster. The feeling of rushing to the sand dune at a speed of more than two hundred kilometers was as exciting as hitting the wall head-on, and then the feeling of weightlessness made the target machine want to vomit the overnight meal.
    11 kilometers is not a very long distance for two convoys that are facing each other, let alone on the open desert. No matter which side, they could see the sand dust rising from the opposite side from a long distance, but neither side slowed down or changed direction, and quickly approached.
    Soon, the distance between the two sides was close to about 5 kilometers, and the target machine also marked the navigation information and combat plan for the second car driven by Jidang and jelivor on the simple digital map. The two LAVs separated to the sides and encircled the penguin logistics convoy that was leading the way.
 
0