Prologue
110 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

"You'll never be like me!"

The sword shone with a dazzling light, struck the stream of fire, and cut it in half. The famous Thousand Peaks Leap took Bao Xiao to the sky with a jerk of his foot and a lightning-fast leap. His hands were glowing with excess qi, and it flowed from the blade that was now cutting even the air, and the heavens themselves trembled before his power. Dariush looked haughtily down, as befitted a highborn of the Tsap Clan, and only slightly waved his manicured hand with painted nails. The servants, obeying his signs, rushed forward on tigers and dragons, herons and phoenixes, and each of the servants shouted:

"Bow down and admit that before the might of the Tsap Clan, you are an ant before a mountain!"

They threw techniques, arrows, and spears, attacked with blades, and set upon beasts and birds. But Bao Xiao not only stood an indestructible mountain, he also attacked. He broke through the resistance, leaping over their heads, chopping spears, arrows, enemies, and animals. He rose higher and higher, and the blade in his wiry hands glowed more and more with each step. With his honed Sword of Star Steel and equally honed wielding of it, Bao chopped and slashed at everything in his path. Nothing and no one could hold out against him for even a moment. He roared and rushed forward to where Bao Xiao's beloved, the most beautiful Mei Lin, was caged behind Dariush's back.

"Ho-ho-ho-ho," rolled out Dariush's villainous, hearty laugh, "and you're not bad, ant! But it's time you learned the power of the mountain!"

Al-Tsap raised his hands, and a roaring stream of lightning erupted, destroying and scattering not only Bao Xiao but everything around him, including Dariush's servants, two dragons, and one phoenix. The air rushed into the newly formed void, and Dariush's lips trembled slightly, depicting a smile. And so he died with a smile on his lips as Bao's blade cut off his head along with his arms while Dariush's deadly blows powerlessly pierced through the residual image and struck the place where Bao Xiao had been moments earlier.

But Bao Xiao didn't even pay attention to the defeated enemy. He jumped forward, and Mei Ling's cage shattered into a million pieces, and she found herself in the hero's arms.

Without letting go of Mei, Bao Xiao turned slightly, spending a glance at the still-flying downward head of the villain:

"I don't need to become like you. I'm good as I am."

He pressed his lips to Mei Lin's, who trembled in her fiancé's embrace, pulled away, and then uttered in a weak voice:

"You must know, Impetuous Bao, that I am not worthy of you."

"You are worthy in my eyes," he replied, preparing to resume the interrupted kiss, "...and that is enough."

They merged again in a kiss while the heavens above them roared with lightning, and the earth below blazed and trembled with the might of approaching Dariush's kin of the Tsap Clan.

* * *

0