Chapter 22: Evil manifestations(Despatamors) and Flowman’s history
53 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Negative skill energy, I remembered her mentioning that before.

It wasn’t like I had completely forgotten to ask about it, I just didn’t bother when she refused to answer more of Vacinay’s questions.

But based on context clues, it seemed like it possibly negatively impacted the use of skills.

Yamanda eyed her down. “Then I will just cut you down where you stand.”

Tanya asked, “How though?”

“The hell you mean, ‘how’?!”

“Even with your teleportation, you couldn’t really touch me. So… how will you achieve it now? Oh oh! I know what you are going to do, but nope!”

Yamanda gaze hardened on Tanya, who was flying around at extreme speeds. However, she was keeping close to Hessien.

She waved as she said, “I am not going to let you teleport me around. Although… Since I am composed of pure skill energy, pure negative skill energy, I wouldn’t be damaged from it. Or maybe you were going to try a far more violent version of teleportation?”

This was going to escalate again!

I shot a look at Hessien, who noticed my gaze.

He loudly whispered, “Don’t worry. I am pretty sure Tanya would be okay.”

Oh wow, nice. You really think I care about the creature that tried to kill me, well-being? But whatever, we needed her alive to keep the president in check, so technically I did.

Yamanda was about to do something, but I suddenly had an idea.

I shouted, “Wait!”

Yamanda looked at me quickly before turning back to Tanya.

She asked, “What is it?”

“I am sure you and your kind have a very rough history with Tanya and her people…”

Vacinay snickered. “Now she sounds like her racist mother.”

“I didn’t mean it like that!” I shouted at her before turning back towards Yamanda who was confused. “Anyway, what I want to say is that Tanya is…”

Tanya wondered. “Different? Changed?”

I looked at her, wondering why she was sabotaging this for us. We weren’t in Naruto. No amount of change wasn’t going to change the impact she had on these people.

I ignored her and proceeded to say, “She isn't bound to Hessien by choice.”

As soon as I said that, I glared at Tanya, hoping and praying she wouldn’t be like, ‘actually!’

She smiled at me.

I continued, “The President is responsible for her being free and bound to Hessien. Since he thought we weren’t reliable—he wanted to take control of us using her.”

Yamanda looked at me as if were a child missing half their brain. “Do I appear that stupid to fall for something so nonsensical?

Actually, yes.

Ghomas nodded heavily. “Yeah, but you are hot, so it’s okay.”

Without looking at him, she swung her sword in his direction, causing a massive white arc to disseminate the ground near him.

“Insinuate I am stupid again, I dare you.”

What the…

She was almost completely different… Blood lusted Yamanda was something else.

Ghomas entire body trembled as he gawked at the burned ground which she had just blasted.

My heart was hammering against my chest. It almost seemed like it wanted to break my rib cage.

I swallowed my nervousness and said, “It is true! That dude has skills that relate to contracts. I am sure he had some sort of contract set up to take control over Tanya once she had possessed us!”

Yamanda glared at me. “Lying on the President’s name can lead to capital punishment.”

My eyes twitched. Getting constantly threatened was really starting to eat away at my damn ego.

‘LyInG On ThE PrEsIDEnt NAmE CaN LeAd TO cApItAl pUnishMeNT’ Why don’t you suck a dick and die?!

I think I was a lot more pissed because I was telling the truth. And she wasn’t simply treating what I was saying as a lie, but as if I was some sort of dumb fuck.

Your damn president tried to set us up, but failed, yet, you want to be angry at me?

“Then why don’t you kill me?” I asked. “Kill us all here right now so that your planet can get overrun by the mutants.”

She kept her eyes gaze on me for a couple of seconds before turning back towards Tanya who was floating above the ground without a care in the world.

“I think… I will just get the president's confirmation,” she said before suddenly disappearing.

Oh.

Hm.

Man, my day was so ruined… I couldn’t even digest my food before this shit happened.

I am so pissed.

It didn’t take three seconds for her to return but with the president. I think I had learned his name but forgot it.

Or did I learn it? Can’t recall, that’s how little I cared for this shithead.

The president looked around before locking eyes on Tanya. He licked his lips out of anxiousness. Tanya swiped her finger across her throat, sending a death message, which got him to back up in fear.

With her arms folded, Yamanda said, “Sir, can you please make it clear that you have nothing to do with that evil creature… Lumine claims you do. I know it’s a lie, but—“

He straight out said, “I-It’s kinda complicated.”

Yamanda who originally had a tired but confident expression(Like, 'And for the tenth time... This is why the Earth is round...' kind of face). Now she was stunned. Slowly, slight confusion sipped into her expression.

“In what ways…?” She asked.

Tanya was now sitting by Hessien, her eyes still stuck on the President as if he were prey.

The president folded his arms behind his back as he said, “You see… the reality defenders are very young. Minors at that, so… They are not fully mentally equipped for the role they were supposed to serve, so… we... Um. Had to use unconventional means to harness their full potential.”

I didn’t like his bullshit and said, “That’s code words for he wanted to mind control us!”

At least he didn't try to drug us, I guess.

Vacinay added, “Exactly, also, Lumine is the only damn minor. I am a grown woman.”

They both looked at us, confused.

Yamanda said, “We can talk about that later. What I am hearing is far more important…”

She was biting down on her glove, stressing out. “So… You really, purposely unsealed that creature… The same one that killed the president two centuries ago, directly killed 780, 000 innocent people, and killed mothers and fathers by possessing the bodies of their kids…?”

Holy shit. I knew she did bad stuff, but the last one was insane. That had to be disinformation. I hoped it was at least.

Hessien whispered, asking Tanya, “That’s all propaganda, right?”

She replied with a blank expression. “No. I am surprised that’s all I did.”

Yamanda heard her and stared daggers at her.

Tanya said, “It was an interesting experience.”

“You sick shit!” Yamanda angrily stormed to her.

Tanya stood up lazily. “I know what I am. I embrace it. You Flowman’s however for some reason tend to pretend to live on the moral high ground. You all are responsible for the genocide of many other races. You all run a genocidal campaign that was responsible for the deaths of all Despertamors, or what you all love to call us, Evil manifestations. Anyway, the death of them in my era in this country is what led me to commit so many atrocities.”

With a completely honest expression, Tanya added, “To be frank, I fully intend to kill every single Flowman that walks on this planet. Not now of course, but a bit later. May it be this century or the next six ones. This isn’t even revenge anymore. My friends and those I considered a family can never be truly avenged. No matter how many of your kind I keep killing... It will never be enough for me to think, 'I am satisfied with that number. The suffering of Bhusrui, Klon, and everyone has been paid'. At this point, I just want to be the person that makes you all think:

‘Oh. This is the consequences of our actions.’

‘Oh. We are going to die because we tricked and betrayed the Despetamors.'

‘Oh. We really should not have done that.'

I said Despertamors, but I know you all are obsessed with calling us Evil manifestations as if we don't have an identity outside of that"

Oh… So that’s why she is so obsessed with killing. She mentioned that Flowmans killed her kind when she was fighting Yamanda, but I didn’t know what scale it was on, and I definitely didn’t think it was on something so huge.

Yamanda was now only an inch away from her. “Even if that was—“

“If it was? Don’t be foolish. I am sure it’s in the history books that you all ‘wiped’ evil manifestations off the face of this country 2 centuries ago. Since we are seen as the embodiment of evil, I see no reason why it would have been censored or changed in any form.”

“The war was because of the harm you all were causing!”

“We did less harm than your kind did to others.”

The tension between the two was growing even more.

“You… didn’t only kill. Your attacks led to many towns and villages not getting food or water, leaving them to starve to death. You made people die slow and painful deaths…”

“I am aware. You all killed a lot of us by ripping us apart. One day, you would take their leg, the other week, their arm, and so on. Your kind did all that to use to my kind to make or enhance your weapons, pills, armor and more. Every action I made, I calculated the amount of suffering that was done to my kind to do against you all.”

Yamanda seethed in rage. “Fine… let’s say what you did was justifiable for the sake of revenge. You just said you plan to kill every single Flowman. What have the modern or future ones done to you two centuries ago? After all, their ancestors have died. Why should they inherit their sins?”

“While I may not know much about this age, I know one thing, as long as Flowman’s exist, Despertamors will be created. So, I am sure my kind are still hunted down and used in all kinds of products to enhance you all powers, and and out of hatred of course. I understand it to be honest. Not to mention, my actions have caused Flowman's to harbor greater prejudice against them, making life even worse for them. It’s pretty much an endless cycle. I suppose when I kill all Flowmans, the only Despertamors that will be created will be from the other species, which will have a different dynamic with them since they don’t share the same extremely hostile history.”

I listened intently but didn’t say anything.

Yamanda grunted and then asked Hessien, “How much control do you have over her?”

Hessien answered, a bit anxious because of the heated conversation they had. “Not much. But, she can’t kill anyone unless I permit it.”

Yamanda took in a deep breath and exhaled. She turned towards the President and said, “I am immensely disappointed in you…”

And with that, he disappeared. She must have teleported him.

Under her breath, she muttered, “So damn fucking incompetent…”

I made eye contact with Ghomas and Vacinay. We all didn’t know what to say.

Yamanda then said as she leaped back. “Whatever I guess. I am somewhat pissed, so let’s start the training now. Before we start, Hessien, can you get her out of my sight?”

Hessien looked at Tanya, waiting to see how she would react.

“Open up, boy.” She turned into energy before entering Hessien's mouth.

That... nearly got a laugh out of me.

Hessein blinked a couple of times, in complete disbelief.

Then there was silence until Hessien broke it. “So… You aren’t going to try to kill me—to kill her, right? Like, on some ‘a necessarily sacrifice’ shit.”

Yamanda sighed and tried to put on a smile. “I am trying my best to not give into that temptation… unless you are offering yourself.”

“No no!”

“He isn’t!” I shouted, quickly moving in front of him like a meat shield

“Exactly! And Tanya would rush out to protect him too!” Vacinay said rushing to his side.

Ghomas with his arms folded nodded, as he walked away from us, trying his best not to get caught up in another fight. “What they said.”

2