Chapter 40
8 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How on earth did they manage to construct something like that here?!” Elysian exclaimed, his disbelief evident in his voice as he took in the sight of a large stone house in the middle of the forest. Well, it’s not really in the middle of the forest since it’s not too far from the warehouse. Still, it was surrounded by trees and secluded enough that there were no houses in its vicinity. “The Crimson Talon must be raking in money. Who knew being in a gang could be so lucrative?”

The young noble decided to sit for a moment to rest. After learning the location of Grimscar from the old man, he decided to go alone, without informing his companions. Knowing them all too well, he knew that they would only insist on accompanying him. 

Considering what they had endured tonight, especially Bran, he understood the importance of not pushing them to their limits. It would be idiotic and serve no purpose other than to make them suffer, which wasn’t his intention. Putting his companions near their breaking point was difficult for him, especially since he considered them his friends and family. He didn’t want to do it, but he had no other choice. 

Many people might view his actions as cruel, and who could blame them? Manipulating situations to subject his companions to hardship and pain and, at times, forcing them into morally challenging decisions that stretch their sense of right and wrong was indeed cruel, but it must be done. Since sooner or later situations like these would happen—it’s simply inevitable—it would be better to do it now when he still could control the situation and mitigate the potential risk. From the very beginning, he aimed to temper them enough so that they grew stronger each time, to the point that it would increase their chances of survival in the storm that would come.

The road Elysian was walking on was fraught with danger. At any moment, they could die. He couldn’t even guarantee his own safety, let alone that of his companions. The only thing he could do was prepare them for any danger they might encounter. It was the only way forward for them if they wished to continue following him. Moreover, it was his way of showing affection and appreciation—making them strong enough to survive.

Looking up beyond the leaves, Elysian gazed at the night sky. Amidst the brewing storm, its splendor, and beauty were still on full display. “Even in the darkest of moments, there’s beauty,” he murmured, a faint smile touching his lips, momentarily forgetting the impeding slaughter that was about to come. As he slowly rose to his feet, his movements were sluggish, akin to an old man burdened and weary of years of suffering and death. “I feel like I’m getting too old for this. In my past life and even now, it’s all about killing. Will this ever end?” he asked himself, sighing as if the weight of his past life bore down on him. It didn’t last long, though. Suddenly, his exhaustion vanished, replaced by a mad grin. “But what never gets old are the screams and terror of those who deserve damnation.”

Behold, the harbinger of vengeance descends anew, bearing the weight of souls from the days of woe. Trails of blood and gore shall mark his path, while the echoes of doom eagerly pursue. Haunting voices call for the unforgiven to come due, their resolve unshaken, and stay true. With vengeance as their guiding light, they march on, unswayed. In their relentless quest, justice will be laid.

 

 


 

 

After a night of revelry and pleasure, Grimscar found himself still brimming with ecstasy. It had been a rare moment of pure bliss, one he hadn’t experienced in quite some time. His mood was undeniably good. However, as his thoughts inevitably drifted back to his work, a sigh of annoyance escaped his lips. Just the memory of his superior’s faces from the Crimson Talon was enough to sour his mood.

 

‘Those old fools from the headquarters won’t stop nagging me about work. They’ve even sent someone to rein me in. Do they really think he’s gonna stop me? Ha! What a bunch of fools!'

 

Grinning hungrily, Grimscar glanced at the naked woman, whose arms and legs splayed wide apart, firmly secured to each corner. Licking his lips, he savored the sight of his new toy. Not only was she a rare beauty, but her flawless ebony skin was a rarity in these parts of the continent.

 

‘Tsk, you really think I’m gonna waste my time on these lame obligations they throw at me? Nah, I’d rather spend my time enjoying this rare delicacy. I’ve made them enough money already. Those greedy old geezers. I’ve done enough grinding for them. Isn’t it time for me to relax and enjoy myself? F*cK them!’ 

 

Since he was young, Grimscar has always had a penchant for chaos and destruction. With a body built like a bull, no one dared to challenge him. He reigned over the streets with an iron fist, with other children bowing to him meekly. At first, violence and death had filled that emptiness inside of him. As time passed, they proved insufficient to satisfy the insatiable hunger that gnawed at him incessantly.

When he finally tasted his first woman, Grimscar’s hunger was momentarily sated. However, it provided only a temporary respite for the insatiable beast within him. Soon enough, no matter how many women he slept with, it all felt bland. His relentless hunger could not be quenched. No matter what he did, it kept gnawing at him, driving him nearly mad—like a restless beast hunting without end.  

As if sent by the gods one fateful night, amidst one of his rampages, Grimscar was choking one of the women he was sleeping with; the terror reflected in her eyes as she desperately clawed at his arm and face, fighting for survival. This sent waves of ecstasy coursing through him. Each struggle for breath, each plea for mercy, fueled his arousal, igniting an intoxicating frenzy within him. The sheer intensity of her fear and agony made him climax multiple times; the raw power of the moment was forever etched into his memory.

This revelation, the primal connection between dominance and pleasure, felt divinely ordained by the gods themselves, bestowing upon him their profound truth. It was a revelation that seared into his mind, etching itself into his very being, forever branding him as a slave to their darkest desires. 

As he reveled in this new revelation, Grimscar couldn’t comprehend how so few could understand his tastes. Couldn’t they see the allure of asserting dominion over a helpless prey? It was simply the primal instinct of every man—a visceral craving that consumed their very being, leaving them yearning for more.

Though he finally found something that sated his hunger, Grimscar encountered a problem that was difficult to resolve. The woman he found broke too easily; their minds simply couldn’t withstand the terror and pain he subjected them to. This left him unsatisfied. They failed to push him hard enough into a state of ecstasy. Such frustration had driven him so mad that he had even killed a few of his men.

After some time, however, Grimscar finally found the right woman. She wasn’t just beautiful; no matter what he did to her, she refused to break. Even now, her eyes remain defiant. This alone sent him over the edge of ecstasy, causing him to climax a couple of times. That’s why this night’s debauchery became an unforgettable memory that would live with him forever.

 

‘Such a delicacy needs to savor more.’

 

Grinning maniacally, Grimscar affectionately caressed Layla’s unconscious face. “Just hang in there for me, alright? I ain’t done enjoying your body yet. Just picture the fun we’re gonna have together. Just the thought of imagining your pretty face… I’m about to blow my load already.”

Suddenly, Grimscar heard a knock on the door. Gritting his teeth as his expression twisted into a scowl, he muttered, “I’ve made it clear to them not to disturb me. Damn, this incompetent idiot!” Striding swiftly to the door, he flung it open and bellowed, “This better be f*cking good, or I’ll personally tear you apart limb by limb.”

The six thugs flinched at the annoyed voice of their leader. Who could blame them? They were all too familiar with his terrifying reputation. These rumors had become urban legends by now; however, they all knew too well that the reality was far more chilling than these tales. Despite their fear, they had no choice. Something even more sinister lurked out there, preying on them.

“Bo… Boss, we’re sorry to disturb you,” the leader of the group said, his voice trembling as he swallowed hard, trying to summon his courage. “But the other members are gone, even the cook. We’re the only ones left.”

“Gone?!” Grimscar exclaimed, his nostrils flaring as his temper surged like fire. “What do you mean, gone?”

“They disappeared, boss. One moment they were right there, and the next...poof! Like ghosts vanishing into thin air,” another thug remarked, his face pale with fear, his eyes darting nervously around the room. 

Suddenly, every gaze focused intently on the naked woman inside the room, their attention drawn by her haunting presence. Then, their eyes shifted to the skulls ominously adorning the walls, intensifying their unease. They all paled, their eyes widening in terror. 

It was not the sight of the woman or the skulls that instilled fear in their hearts. They had already seen the skulls before, even knowing of the atrocities their leader had committed in that very room. The screams of his women were telling enough. No, their fear stemmed from the chilling realization of the horror that they might be facing. Slowly, they all muttered in unison, their voices trembling with dread. “Ghost.”

“Cowards!” Grimscar roared, his face flushed with fury. “All of you are spineless maggots! What nonsense are you blabbering about? Ghosts? You ought to fear me! If you don’t cut that crap out, I’m gonna smash your skulls and make an example out of you!”

The thugs recoiled, slowly stepping back while their eyes widened in fear. In their panic over the supernatural, they momentarily forgot that the man standing there could be worse. All of them stood there frozen, unable to tear their gaze away from the ground, knowing full well they could neither run nor defy the monster looming over them.

Suddenly, rain poured down from the sky, pounding the earth with force, accompanied by booming thunder that reverberated through the air. In the flickering flashes of lightning, the imposing figure of their boss loomed, his eyes ablaze with anger, casting a chilling stare over them. The sight of him sent shivers down their spines, causing them to gulp in fear.

“Ghosts,” Grimscar snorted, clutching tightly his giant sword as he strode toward the door, passing by his men with a disdainful glare at their absurd claim. “You’re all grown adults, yet you’re still spouting some nonsense about ghosts. Cowards! The others are probably just playing tricks with you,” he declared. The mere thought of this being just a prank ignited a furious rage within him. “If there’s any issue like this, handle it among yourselves. Don’t waste my time. I have more important matters to attend to.”

The thugs followed behind in silence, casting wary glances in all directions, searching for any lurking danger. As they meticulously combed the entire house, they found no one, not even a trace. Also, the entire house was eerie silent. They could only hear the heavy rain and the occasional thunder. Strangely, everything in the house was in their proper place. They couldn’t see any signs of fighting or struggle. It was as if their comrades had vanished into thin air.

Gritting his teeth, Grimscar’s patience wore thin. With frustration boiling over him, he growled and spat out, “If I catch those f*cking idiots! I’m going to skin them alive and feed them to the rats!”

Turning towards his men, Grimscar wanted to vent his frustration at them. Before he could say anything, his eyes widened in alarm, when he saw that there were only four left of his men from the six earlier. “Where are the other two?” he asked, his confidence wavering.

 

 

Hello, this is the author.  If you find any problems, feel free to let me know. Also, I’m open to suggestions.

If you enjoy the story, you can consider donating to my Patreon. There are also 13 advanced chapters available there.

I hope you can help a poor and struggling writer here. 

Also, if you like the story, don't forget to rate it. Thank you!

2